Facebook is Watching You

KouDy

Dec 31, 2010
What you don't want to be on the internet, don't put it there. I use FB why not. Not much but i have. If nothing else it is excellent tool for communication with other people (especially if they are few timezones from you).
Well for chat i think skype is better than FB... Hard to say about FB scanning the chats. It can be abused as well as used for good. And ofc i don't like being spied on but i take it as it's necesary evil coming with page that has some use for me...

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
All I use FB Chat for is chatting up girls, and none of them are underage. All these monitors are going to see is me striking out! Suck it!
Somehow, this doesn't seem like a victory...

Kodlak

Feb 5, 2009
Yes it's a slight invasion of privacy, however it is a good thing. We need a way to protect vulnerable people and we don't want another paedophile haven like Habbo Hotel.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
man need to try this hookin' up on FB thing. looks like everyone is doing it :p should probably figure it out someday if i could only be bothered to check the damn thing once in a blue moon.

Camembert

Oct 21, 2009
This is interesting, I thought this was the case. I'm a 25 year old female and was chatting with a 13 year old male I'd met online about a problem he had with his penis (a minor and common physical issue, not sexually transmitted), I was advising him to go to the doctor about it but he was scared his mother would find out. Anyway eventually our conversation just disappeared for a while. My guess at the time was that our ages and the frequency of the use of the word 'penis' had flagged our conversation as potentially inappropriate. It looks like I was right. After a while the thread came back anyway, I guess it was deemed harmless.

Ewyx

Dec 3, 2008
And yet another invasion of privacy in the name of protecting the children. I guess hoping that parents would teach kids about... let's say... how meeting up with creepy old people is a bad idea is too much to ask in this world.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
I'm ok with this.

Now I need to get my girlfriend to change her age to 13 and I will bump mine up 20 years and we will have dirty facebook chats for the funnies.