Facial hair: yes or no?

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Let's just say that my friends and I jokingly tend to refer to beards and moustaches as "the dreaded facial parasite", so we tend to keep clean shaven.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
I used to shave at least every 3rd day when I was younger because my beard was too itchy for me to tolerate. Now I go months and simply forget to shave or feel like I don't really need to and end up growing an ugly pubic patch from ear to ear. I'll trim my upper lip whenever it starts being long enough to get into my mouth.

Maybe it's more of a Canadian thing that you sort of need one for certain months that most people tend to have one though usually trimmed.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I like to have a goatee rather than the full beard, but I maintain it to a certain length.

I don't really change it for the fashion of the day or whatever, it just suits me so I keep it.

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
The only reason I ever have any significant facial hair is that I'm too lazy to shave it regularly enough to keep it down. If I could just press a button and never have to shave again, I would be more than happy to do so.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I have a beard since the end of 2014. I feel more confident ever since I had it. I can't grow it very long since it grows a bit awkwardly, but it still feels good.

Oct 2, 2012
I always wanted to grow a beard, but I can't. I have too man bald patches, and my facial hair takes forever to grow in too. I only have to shave once every three or sometimes four days!
It makes me sad, but I have come to appreciate the art of shaving to make up for it.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
I'm a big fan of facial hair. While I was at university I barely ever shaved it after finding out in first year that getting rid of my beard left me with a horrendous case of baby-face so ever since then I've kept a beard. While I was working in warehouses my appearance never mattered so I let it grow wild but these days I keep it smart and trimmed reasonably short. It's got a positive psychological effect as well - I definitely feel more confident with a beard than without.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
I have a beard. Nothing fancy but I like it. I mean, I spend about 15 minutes more in the bathroom than I used to when I was a kid, but it's worth it.

Plus, I look awful without it. Like a big plumpy kid.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
I prefer the clean shaven look, a beard feels unhygienic.
Hair also looks unhygenic if it is not washed. It all depends on a person that wears it and on his maintainance of it via grooming and cleaning.

Feb 7, 2016
Most people can pull it off. There are some people (and facial styles) that look horrendous.

I don't think I can rock facial hair beyond a moderate stubble. I just don't have the style for it (or skin. too itchy, already oily, no)

I have enough hair on my head with all this long, gorgeous hair to take care of anyway. *hair flip*

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
I've had a beard of some description for about 15 years now.Alternated between full beard and goatee over the years.Been working on a ZZ Top beard for the last 18 months or so

Sniper Team 4 said:
Not on my face, thank you. Itches way too much. If I skip a single day of shaving, it starts to make my skin crawl. Two days, and oh man, am I looking for that razor. I often look at people with beards and wonder how they stand it.
It's only itchy for a week or so really.Once it gets to a certain length the itching stops.Regular shaving was way more irritating for me to be honest

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
I hate shaving my lip, but my mustache looks ridiculous on its own, so I wear a van dyck.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
I'd love to have a beard but I work in a kitchen and find when I do grow one that my face becomes uncomfortably itchy.

Plus I suffer from old man beard, two white patches on either side of my chin.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
A beard is vital if I don't want to be ID'd every time I get a drink. So yes, I have one.

As for my partner, I honestly don't care if my wife gets a moustache. Body hair isn't a big deal for me, on a man or a woman.

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
I've had facial hair since grade 9 (although school made me shave it off until the upper years) and, looking back on my pre-bearded face is a minor nightmare brought to life. Long ago, I decided that my chin would never see the light of day again if it were in my power, and so far so good. I could probably do a better job of keeping it contained though. If I let it get out of hand, the entirety of Canada would likely be consumed in the space of a month.

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
Beard all the way!!!

I grow mine even though there is one thin patch on the right side, and the handlebar area. But I don't mind, I think it looks better than shaved, on me. Plus I am blond, so you can't see it too well at a distance, but I pretty much grow it just for myself, so everyone else can just deal with it! haha.

My dad can grow an awesome beard, so I figure it will eventually grow as awesome as his. Just gotta give it some more time, luckily time is all I got.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
I'd like to have a beard. However, my facial hair grows in oddly and slowly so the time spent looking ridiculous isn't worth the benefits of facial hair which I may or may not receive. Maybe in the future I will manage to grow one but that day is not today sadly.