Fail Scam is Fail

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
"Holy Copyright Infringement, Batman! How could they hope to sell any of these with such blatant ripoffs of properties owned by highly-lawyered companies?"

"They don't, chum! I don't need the Bat-Computer to tell me this is a scam of the worst kind. I'm betting they're only interested in credit-card numbers, capitalizing on the Christmas rush to ensnare poor unsuspecting shoppers in fraud."

"That's the lowest of the low! Isn't there anything we can do to stop them?"

"Sadly, this sort of problem isn't solved by derring-do or punching a psychopath wearing a bizarre costume, Boy Wonder. I'm sure there will be plenty of lawyers chomping at the bit, though."

Also, doing a WHOIS search [http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/vivio360.com] shows that this website has been in operation for less than a month and is anonymously registered.

Beastialman said:
I'm tempted to order this just to see if it works.
I would strongly suggest using someone else's credit card for that.

EDIT: Also, look closely at that keyboard. I can't imagine it being very useful missing important keys like "p", "l" and half the punctuation keys.

Beastialman

Sep 9, 2009
TheSeventhLoneWolf said:
This reminds me of something by Dr Ashens and his 'Pop station' Watch.
We should send him one. Ashen's is a brilliant man, I wish to see him on Escapist some day.

azadiscool

Dec 10, 2008
The Rogue Wolf said:
Also, doing a WHOIS search [http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/vivio360.com] shows that this website has been in operation for less than a month and is anonymously registered.
Wow, registered through GoDaddy. Moar cookies for anyone who calls that number and spams those motherfuckers.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I'm still loving the multiplayer enchanced joystick.

Can you email them asking what the fuck that is?

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Some of the other statements on that site are just plain hilarious:

Play anywhere, anytime, in multiplayer mode, with or without the joystick.
How can you play it without the joystick?

In describing the amazing game City Fighter:

Fight one on one and smash your opponents energy in 90 seconds. Choose your fighter and demolish all nine critical matches in this real time tactical action.
Yes. keep saying that it's one of those.

In describing the amazing game Combat War:

Get points for killing your opponent.
No sh*t, sherlock.

But I think I'm being a bit harsh, so I'm currently trying to order one. Currently, the details I've filled in are:

First Name: Bobby

Last Name: Billinger

Email: thisisnotarealemailaddressareyoureallythatguillable@ohmygodyouseriouslyarebelievingthis.co.youfuckingidiot

Phone: 666666666666666666666

Address: 123 Fake Street

City: Made up city

State: Texas

Only problem is that it won't let me pick a zip code and I have no idea how zip codes are laid out in America, so if comeone could take this the final step I think this could be entertaining.

EDIT: Don't actually pay for it if it asks you to. If it does, just drop it. Not worth it from that point.

EDIT: Thanks everyone for explaining how Zip codes work to me and my non-American ways, but you then need to pay money, and whilst I could enter a fake credit card, I can't be arsed by this point. Oh well.

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
"Build your team, play as a team, and win your opponents." this fails...hard

Nova5

Interceptor
Sep 5, 2009
Rex Dark said:
It seems they did some pretty good photoshopping. I wonder if anyone fell for it.
Dude, if there's one thing I've learned: There's always someone stupid enough to do anything.

Sexy Street

Sep 15, 2009
dududf said:
I uh...

Wow.

Only people who would fall for that, is general idiots (from which i'll gladly help point to this product) and old and feeble grandparents, from which are easily fooled, and too trusting.

I support this product, to said idiots (excluding grand parents) as it may cure the idiotism in the idiots.
Or will it? Is the question I am asking my pet chicken.

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
Combat war!? City Fighter!? Porter Action Bros.!? what the Fuck? that has tpo be the most hilariously fail-tastic Ad I've seen in a long time. What a bunch of assholes.

edit: weird they have a legit Terms and conditions... and privacy statement. (by legit I meant that i read it and there doesn't seem to be any funny wording other that ambiguity surrounding the product in question.)
Huh called the number and it seems to be real I will moniter my accounts and make sure i don't get hacked but apparently it's a hand held...