Fake game rumors from the past.

Shotzey

Mar 7, 2009
I remember all the Pokemon rumors. Mew underneath the truck near the SS Anne and how to get mew. Anyone else have stories they want to share.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
The only one I could think of was the Mew truck one. I wished it was true. It would have been easier to get Mew that way.

Ftaghn To You Too

Nov 25, 2009
Not actually fake, but I remember trying to use glitches to break Morrowind and create the ultimate character. Ahh, the hours spend on those FAQs...

Too bad no one told me about the death warrant for stealing.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Remember that rumor about the Duke Nukem game? Hehehehehehe... Suckers...

:p

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
Marter said:
The only one I could think of was the Mew truck one. I wished it was true. It would have been easier to get Mew that way.
Man, I was pissed when I got all 150 pokemon and went down to the SS Anne...

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
"Naked" character's in DOA: Beachvollyball.

If I recall the magazine who put out the rumor got some nasty letter's from 'Fans'

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
The original Pokemon Red/Blue. "Pressing/holding/tapping A/B/Select increases the chances of a pokemon being caught!" The one I fell for was rocking the directionals left and right in time with the pokeball.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
The Triforce in the chest in Ocarina of Time, Pokegods in Pokemon, countless rumors of nudity for basically every Metroid game with weird requirements. Resurrecting Aeris in FFVII.
Marter said:
You can get Mew as early as Cerulean City using a really easy glitch involving teleport.

f0re1gn

DON'T PANIC
Jan 21, 2009
I remember hearing somewhere that after completing MGS1 on the Playstation for about 4 times you'd get a chance to play as Gray Fox. Aaaand it was a lie.

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
crimson5pheonix said:
The original Pokemon Red/Blue. "Pressing/holding/tapping A/B/Select increases the chances of a pokemon being caught!" The one I fell for was rocking the directionals left and right in time with the pokeball.
I always put the gameboy on the table, face down.

That was more superstition, mind you.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
My friend was once convinced that somewhere hidden on a Halo 2 multiplayer map was the Gravity Gun.
He was just so enthusiastic about finding it that I didn't have the heart to tell him it was the wrong game.

Shotzey

Mar 7, 2009
crimson5pheonix said:
I remember that, in fact I still do that. Just kinda my good luck/ finger crossing for catching.

Shotzey

Mar 7, 2009
hopeneverdies said:
The Triforce in the chest in Ocarina of Time, Pokegods in Pokemon, countless rumors of nudity for basically every Metroid game with weird requirements. Resurrecting Aeris in FFVII.
Marter said:
You can get Mew as early as Cerulean City using a really easy glitch involving teleport.
Yes in fact I did eventually find a way to get mew. But I did the Lavender Town fly glitch.