Fake Geek Girls

felbot

May 11, 2011
OK quick question why did the escapist suddenly go apeshit about this whole thing? i mean this meme has been around for some time and you're only now saying something about it? you're slow, very slow, like a turtle.

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
...Is there something special about these past weeks that this has become a topic? Because I thought we went over this a few months ago during con season, unless there are some super secret cons that I'm unaware of.

Also, I don't know why, but now I want to see this plot done Reservoir Dogs style.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
felbot said:
OK quick question why did the escapist suddenly go apeshit about this whole thing? i mean this meme has been around for some time and you're only now saying something about it? you're slow, very slow, like a turtle.
Because the Internet went apeshit at some point? But then, the Internet always go apeshit for something...

Pandora92

Apr 2, 2010
And what happens if someone starts to wonder where the security guy at the door vanished to? Sometimes I really wish Mami wouldn't get so ahead of herself.

88chaz88

Jul 23, 2010
FelixG said:
felbot said:
They go for whatever draws the most sensationalist crowd I think

Hell it was a thing back with the original xbox

And it's clearly still a "thing" now.

Also are you seriously accusing Grey of pointing out this issue solely for the attention?

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
88chaz88 said:
Also are you seriously accusing Grey of pointing out this issue solely for the attention?
Hurr hurr wouldn't that be ironic.

I just ordered some comic books guys PHASE 3 IS IN PROGRESS.

*touches all the nerdy things with her cootie ridden hands*

Which clone saga are you referring to? The first or second?

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Funny comic as usual guys.

But...er gender issues again Escapist? We don't need more pointless arguments on that. Of course if the recent Jimquisition episode is anything to go by there is likely going to be one here soon.

captcha: long in the tooth. See! See! Even the sentient captchas are sick of this topic.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
The fact people can't just ignore such petty stuff is starting to get reeeeeeeeal pathetic game media industry...

If I found out tommorrow that Yahtzee had never played a game in his life and had used his snarkiness/knowledge of funny words then yes, id be sad, yes, maybe I would scrutinise his articles/video's abit more, but id also GET THE FUCK OVER IT!!!

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Sure but can you name all the characters the girls are cosplaying as?
The one on the left is Mai Shiranui, and the one on the right is Catwoman.

I know who the one in the middle is, I just can't remember her name...but she's so familiar...dammit!

Cory Rydell

Feb 4, 2010
FelixG said:
88chaz88 said:
Are you seriously unaware that the point of a web comic is to get page views?

And I am pointing out that this is the second item this week that has gone on about fake gamer girls on this website.
We occasionally try and tell jokes too.

It may be possible that Grey saw the Jimquisition episode, thought of something funny, pitched the idea to me, I liked it, then we made a comic about it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
felbot said:
Because people have flipped out about it fairly recently, making it topical again.

88chaz88

Jul 23, 2010
Cory Rydell said:
FelixG said:
88chaz88 said:
Are you seriously unaware that the point of a web comic is to get page views?

And I am pointing out that this is the second item this week that has gone on about fake gamer girls on this website.
We occasionally try and tell jokes too.

It may be possible that Grey saw the Jimquisition episode, thought of something funny, pitched the idea to me, I liked it, then we made a comic about it.
Clearly all The Escapist contributors are in cahoots.

From now you must all remain oblivious to any other content on the site to maintain a clear and unbiased atmosphere. Don't talk to each other either, use smoke signals if you have to.

Also my Captcha was appropriately, "head case".