Fake Yoyo Master Trolls News Stations

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
Fake Yoyo Master Trolls News Stations

Kenny "K-Strass" Strasser has been making the rounds as a self-proclaimed yoyo professional, but he's actually just the best troll ever.

The fluff story on the morning news at Channel 7 starts out normal enough: The newscaster introduces K-Strass as a yoyo expert with a mission to teach schoolchildren about the environment. After a few minutes of particularly awkward small talk, K-Strass is given the floor to show off his yoyo-ing prowess. And that's when things take a turn for the awesome. K-Strass wildly spins 7 yoyos and 1 string (the plastic bit fell off mid-trick) over his head like a helicopter, gets dizzy, and then promptly falls down.

It's really difficult to capture just how hilarious this is in words, so I'll just show you a video. For comparison - this is what a professional yoyo champion should look like:

And this is K-Strass:

I assume you can see the difference.

Even more peculiar: Nobody seems to know who this guy is. After being properly trolled by K-Strass, news station Channel 7 took it upon itself to conduct a not-so-hard-hitting investigative report [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGUqjO5Lf3g] on him. He's pulled similar routines on 4 other stations and claims to be represented by Zim-Zam, a fictional toy company that supposedly hired K-Strass for his zany humor and yoyo-ing credentials. Channel 7 reporters traced the number K-Strass gave them to Joe Pickett, the guy in charge of the "Found Footage Festival," a website showcasing odd and hilarious footage found on the web. When questioned about the connection, Zim-Zam representatives claimed Pickett was an old college friend whose phone number they were using.

Is he for real or just an incognito comedian? I think the best explanation I've heard so far is from a CityPages blog, which dubbed him "The Yo-Yo Borat," though I think I'll just call him the Faux-yo.

Source: The Week [http://theweek.com/article/index/202849/the-great-yo-yo-swindler ]

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
This just in, Upon looking threw the news tape's after Mr.K-Strass had left, the New's Staff realized that all tapes had been replaced with Rick Ahstley's "Never Gonna Give You Up"

A connection has yet to be made as the police investigate.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
He may not be a great yo-yoer, but he's good at something...can't put my finger on what it is, though.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Oh yeah, I've seen this on the 360 dashboard were it occasionally plays random clips.

I love how he tangles the yo-yos, pauses and then keeps spinning them anyway.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
That's absolutely hilarious. How the hell didn't they notice he's trolling them?

Also, is the music in the first video from one of the OPs or EDs of Bleach? It seem familiar... It's probably sad that I recognize it...

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Hmmmm...

As a juggler (and yo-yo's do count as juggling, believe it or not... even though I don't do yo-yo :p), that top guy aint actually the most impressive person I've ever seen with the yo-yo...

Nevertheless, this is pretty funny XD

edit: re-reading this, this makes me look like an arrogant bastard... Don't get me wrong, that dude is pretty damned good and a helluva lot better than I'll ever be... its just that I've utterly spoilt myself with awesome performers, some stuff doesn't make such an impression on me anymore :p

Apr 28, 2008
Sir Kemper said:
This just in, Upon looking threw the news tape's after Mr.K-Strass had left, the New's Staff realized that all tapes had been replaced with Rick Ahstley's "Never Gonna Give You Up"

He has also replaced the pictures in the building with what the internet refers to as a "troll face".

More on this at eleven.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
He's just pointing out how stupid these News stations are. He's proving that if someone wanted to, they could get on TV without having any talent or skill at all. God bless him in all his endeavors.

NickIsCool

Nov 18, 2009
wow, pro troll is pro

i hope he gets to as many news stations as he can before they catch on

i want to see more of his amazing tricks :D

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
This just in K-Strass turns out to be a giant broom stick with robot arms wearing a flesh suit. For more details you can check it out online.

Akkiko

Dec 14, 2009
Sir Kemper said:

He has also replaced the pictures in the building with what the internet refers to as a "troll face".

More on this at eleven.[/quote]

I was mildly entertained by the story. You two have caused my laptop to become sticky without all the fun that precedes the usual case of a laptop getting sticky. My sprite will never recover.

Edit: quoting button madness has led to posting failure. ;_;

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Aby_Z said:
That's absolutely hilarious. How the hell didn't they notice he's trolling them?

Also, is the music in the first video from one of the OPs or EDs of Bleach? It seem familiar... It's probably sad that I recognize it...
yea its Rolling star
5th season opening to bleach

delet

Nov 2, 2008
direkiller said:
Aby_Z said:

yea its Rolling star
5th season opening to bleach
I knew it!

Well, thanks for that info; It wont be bothering me anymore. Now I have to figure out if my recognition skills are for the best or not.

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009

This fake K-Strass deserves a few internets for trolling a TV station like that.