Fallout 1.5: Resurrection Mod Goes Back to the Series Roots

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime said:
Saying that the vast majority of Fallout 4's players are new, when the game owes it's very existence to a fanatical and loyal fanbase, who despite their moaning bought the game... It's a pretty laughable idea.
Which I didn't say that. Fallout 4 doesn't owe anything to NMA. It owes its existence to the people working at Bethesda who noticed that Interplay had started auctioning off their IPs. They took a dead franchise, and turned it into a massive blockbuster. In the process they created something that is entirely unrecognizable.

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
Dr. McD said:
Saelune said:
So...its a fanfic mod?
Yup! Complete with fanfic level writing!
"I'm rather going to go now."

I'm giving this piece of shit a miss. That line about the easter eggs says it all. They're from that breed of Fallout 3 fanboy that thinks New Vegas was a betrayal because it didn't start in a vault. That 2 was a betrayal because it wasn't ultra-serious. That doesn't understand that Fallout 3 and 4 fail because they are utterly fucking nonsensical and littered with even more bugs and crashes, rather than being the best thing ever because they start in a vault.

Yes, that is an attitude I've encountered on here. And a disturbingly common one.

Fallout 3 fanboy? from what I know of this mod, its made by the type of people that hate everything to do with Fallout 3 and 4. For the people that made this mod, Fallout 1 is the only true Fallout game, and Fallout 2 is merely acceptable, while 3 and 4 are abominations. It's usually a toss up on whether the purists like New Vegas or not.

So yeah, really curious where you are getting Fallout 3 fanboy from, this was being worked on before Fallout 3 was ever a thing, and looking at the site, these are the exact opposite of Fallout 3 fanboys, and would likely cuss you out for even suggesting it. Looking at the forum, what little I care to peruse, this is a mod for people that loved Fallout 1 and thought every sequel since was inferior, especially the Bethesda games.

The mod itself does look like fanfic level writing though, that might partially be because the makers are Czech, so English is not their primary language, still, amnesia plots aren't exactly a sign of super originality.