Fallout 3 DLC for PlayStation 3 Coming Next Week

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Fallout 3 DLC for PlayStation 3 Coming Next Week

PlayStation 3 owners are finally getting some love from Bethesda as the studio has announced a release date for the first Fallout 3 [http://fallout.bethsoft.com] DLC for the platform as well as news that a Game of the Year edition is on the way in October.

It's been a terrible wait, hasn't it? The rest of the world finished off all the Fallout 3 DLC months ago and the poor PlayStation crowd is still patiently standing around, quietly hoping it hasn't been forgotten. And it hasn't! Bethesda revealed today that the wait is almost over - Broken Steel, the first Fallout 3 downloadable content for the PlayStation 3, will be released one week from today, on September 24. Following that will be Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt on October 1 and then a week later comes Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta, which will hit on October 8.

For those of you who haven't yet picked up Fallout 3 (and shame on you!) and possibly even for those who have, Bethesda also announced the forthcoming release of a Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition, which will come with the original game and all five pieces of DLC. Title updates required to play the DLC will also be included, meaning the new content will be available even without an online connection. The Game of the Year edition is coming on October 13 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

The release of the GOTY edition could present something of a conundrum to those who haven't yet picked up any Fallout 3 DLC. Each piece of DLC lists for 800 Microsoft points - ten bucks - and paired-up boxed versions are also available for around $20, excluding Mothership Zeta which is currently only available via download. 50 bucks for all the DLC, in other words, compared to a list price of $59.99 for the Game of the Year release. Not exactly a world of difference there; factor in the trade-in value of the original Fallout 3 release and suddenly waiting a few weeks longer to jump into Broken Steel may not seem like such a bad idea.

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
Hmmmm guess it was only timed exclusive DLC, even though the DLC wasn't exclusive in the first place but you know how the 360 fanboys are with that stuff.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
PS3 users didn't even have Operation: Anchorage?
Sucks to be them... well not anymore, I suppose it's all good now.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Sweetness! Just as I was getting bored with Batman. Seems like another trip to the Capitol Wasteland will be in order.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
This is great news for PS3 fans. I'm sincerely sorry that they had to wait this long. Hopefully some of the screams of rage and DOOM on the other Fallout forums (No Mutants Allowed) will subside, but then again, that's ridiculously optimistic.

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
I hate how the PS3 is negelected in terms of DLC. I mean, I only have F3 for the 360, but I know how frustrating it is to be denied content for a while.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Than you sweet Bethesda!
I've been waiting for so long, and finally it's (almost) here!
I can hardly wait.

and don't you dare pull this kind of crap on us again!
*angry eyes*

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
[HEADING=1]YEEEEEE HOOOOOO HOOOOOO![/HEADING]
You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this. I'm more excited to get some FO DLC than my MAG Beta codes.

mihajelko

Aug 28, 2009
Its times like these that i despise this godforsaken country I live in (a small country called Slovenia, juts for the record), the PSN store isn't supported here, damn it all!

drakenabarion

Demiurge
Sep 11, 2009
Wow, Finally some content for the PS3 version. I got the PC version so that I could get the expansions on GFW live, but this is a step in the right direction. Hopefully in the future I will be able to get additional PS3 games.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
i'll have to get the new dl stuff when it comes out on disc. would rather not have to go buy a points card cause i'm never ever going to use the points for anything else sides this on the pc

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
It's about time. I'm going to pass on Op: Anchorage, I've heard nothing but poor reviews about it.

I'm mostly hungry for the level cap increase. Only one more week.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
yeeha
Now we only have one more week left before we hear about the next delay.

I look forward to eventually getting Broken Steel and finally being done with this game.

Sorry, but I just can't get excited about it any more.
I played through the game twice.