Fallout 3 - Point Lookout DLC's Latest News

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
All well and good, but what I really want to know is, will the level cap be raised again?? Need... more... XP...

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
Must....not....make..... redneck...jokes....

YOU SURE DO HAVE A PURTY MOUTH!

... damnit >.<

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Antiparticle said:
All well and good, but what I really want to know is, will the level cap be raised again?? Need... more... XP...
Nope. In the interview with Planet Fallout that I mentioned above, Jeff said there would be no more levels past 30. However, both of the new DLC's will come with new perks.

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
Looks sweet, but I still wanna "talk" to some pissed off aliens and take their alien rifles!
Yes!
Yes!

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
Sparrow Tag said:
Antiparticle said:
Nope. In the interview with Planet Fallout that I mentioned above, Jeff said there would be no more levels past 30. However, both of the new DLC's will come with new perks.
What?? No levels past 30, ever?? Ah man... killing monsters or hacking computers is just not the same without that satisfying 'ka-ching' sound.. And also, how can I get the new perks if I'm already at level max then?

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Antiparticle said:
Sparrow Tag said:
Antiparticle said:
What?? No levels past 30, ever?? Ah man... killing monsters or hacking computers is just not the same without that satisfying 'ka-ching' sound.. And also, how can I get the new perks if I'm already at level max then?
They're added when you complete tasks, like in The Pitt DLC or the Grayditch quest. For instance, after killing enough enemies in The Pitt DLC, you gain the Auto Axpert perk. It doesn't require you to level up.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Spudgun Man said:
Ah well time to break out the effigys and send my ransom notes. I pray tat Bethesda will awnser my pointless calls for forgivness for some unseen evil wrought upon them by sony and grant us the power of game ofthe year including all the extra gubbins. One day.
i hope so to.

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
Sparrow Tag said:
Antiparticle said:
They're added when you complete tasks, like in The Pitt DLC or the Grayditch quest. For instance, after killing enough enemies in The Pitt DLC, you gain the Auto Axpert perk. It doesn't require you to level up.
Oh... right. That could work. It's still too bad I'll never gain XP or level up anymore though.. Ah well. Maybe it's time I started that 'bad side' character.

Pickel Surprise

May 22, 2009
I'm sure this will be good, like Fallout 3's other DLC, but now, I'm more interested in Mothership Zeta. That will undoubtedly kick ass...

Apocolidiot

Jun 14, 2009
I would love to see that, they hinted at it in the dunwich building but i want more sci-fi/lovecraft/fallout cross-over goodness with cthulhu cutts n stuff

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
I'm sorry but has anyone seen some rather strange variations from the usual play style. This looks like a horror FPS not an RPG. And bush stomping action. I don't know something seems seriously wrong here.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Apocolidiot said:
I would love to see that, they hinted at it in the dunwich building but i want more sci-fi/lovecraft/fallout cross-over goodness with cthulhu cutts n stuff
Planet Fallout: There seems to be more of the morally grey kind of quest going on as more DLC comes out.

Bethesda: Our theme in Point Lookout was sort of HP Lovecraft and survival horror; dark and mysterious.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
This actually looks quite fun. But why do they look so strange if the Radiation never hit or How theres Ghouls there. And I didnt beleive there was any swamps near Washington DC. But Im not american so I dont know.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Torque669 said:
This actually looks quite fun. But why do they look so strange if the Radiation never hit or How theres Ghouls there. And I didnt beleive there was any swamps near Washington DC. But Im not american so I dont know.
Thats something I don't understand either. There are clearly Glowing Ones in the trailer.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
So...it's like a cross between the Hills Have Eyes and Creature from the Black Lagoon?

Awesome!