Fallout 3 Producer Responds to Fan Criticisms

Bofus Teefus

Jan 29, 2009
The end might not have lived up to my wildest dreams, but it didn't kill the 60 or so hours that I'd put into the game by then, nor did it ruin the additional 60 or so hours I've put in since the first time I beat it. I'm not raising the unfair criticism flag, but I did enjoy the hell out of the game.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Stubee said:
theultimateend said:
Stubee said:
See thats where we differ, id give my left arm to help Bethesda or Bioware with their next title. Id also like to tear off the pretentious arms of every pretentious valve employee and beat pretentious valve fanboys to death with them :) (you can hit me back with the greedy arms of Bungie employees, granted they are heavier due to lifting there overstuffed wallets...)

wtf am i talkin about?
REally why?

Bioware is owned by EA now so you'd be getting treated like utter garbage.
Bethesda makes games that become great because of modding otherwise they are pretty bland (I mean I loved Morrowind but its been a downhill walk since then without mods).

Valve on the other hand tends to make games that are amazing out the door without mods. Plus their employees tend to be very pleased with their job.

I've always felt counting on your player base to make your games engaging is kind of a crutch that too many PC developers use.
Well I have never modded a game to date and i have loved Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3. Saying Bioware sucks because EA owns it is completly immature. Bioware are still responsible for the development of the games and even if they wernt EA are capable of creating amazing games (just look at Dead Space).

I know its just my opinion but i have never liked a game by Valve. I find the Half life series bland and lacking passion, TF2 was just inferior to so many other online shooters, Portal was soo short they couldnt even release it on its own and L4D gets boring after about 12 minutes.
Why do they keep returning to FPS's? Focus on a genre that needs a re vamp like ACTUAL survival horror (Dead Space and Resi are action horror IMO)
As they say "You can't please everyone."

BUT considering the incredible drop in quality for basically every major company that EA absorbed I'd say that my comment was hardly immature. I'd be willing to wager its just a matter of time.

I mean they are so brutal about their takeovers sometimes that you can get banned for asking about it. Like Westwood for example.

Dead Space was painfully predictable. You could walk into a room for the first time and say exactly what was going to happen almost in the exact order it happens. I appreciated the concept but Event Horizon the video game panned out better in my head than it did in practice.

But again you can't please everyone.