Fallout 3: The Pitt Hands On at DICE

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
Fallout 3: The Pitt Hands On at DICE

The Steelers aren?t the only awesomeness in The Pitt this winter.

llewgriff

Feb 12, 2009
Can't wait for it to come out!I really enjoyed operation anchorage it was however a bit short.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
This sounds good but unfortunatly I am starting to lose faith in Bethedesa for the whole no DLC for PS3. :mad:

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Yes, yes, and yes again. I now feel even more anxious given the one-month delay but I have a strong feeling this will be good. And I too liked Operation Anchorage despite the short length.

Also:

Were they able to take into account some of the user feedback for this DLC? "Not really. Not for this one. Broken Steel, the next one, yes. We got a lot of people saying they didn't want the game to end. Bethesda's games are usually still playable after the main storyline is finished, but we were sticking to the Fallout style of game.
Granted maybe sticking to the credo of Fallout 1 (i.e. you have X number of days to do Y and then Z) or Fallout 2 (game has a nadir point 13 years later or something) was probably not the best of ideas but at least they're learning from it and implementing changes, which I feel is the best new use for DLC.

Jul 9, 2008
Sounds good. I still haven't bought Operation: Anchorage though. I'm going to wait until all 3 come out, get a few MS points, and have one massively Epic playthrough.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
AceDiamond said:
Granted maybe sticking to the credo of Fallout 1 (i.e. you have X number of days to do Y and then Z) or Fallout 2 (game has a nadir point 13 years later or something) was probably not the best of ideas but at least they're learning from it and implementing changes, which I feel is the best new use for DLC.
Erm you do realise the whole Black Isle, Interplay then Bethedesa thing right? its a bit like taking the bayeux tapestry and sewing a pair of jeans to it and claiming it was there originally.

Archon

Nov 12, 2002
I still can't believe the game ended. This is one of those moments when I wish they hadn't been true to Fallout and had just given me Oblivion: After the Bomb. Oh well.

I'll still download it though, even I have to do a retroactive continuity adjustment.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Pittsburgh seems like the perfect city for a game like Fallout 3. I still say driving through one of those tunnels and seeing the city appear out of nowhere was the most breathtaking moment in my quasi-sheltered life.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
As a Pittsburgher, I want to see my own stomping grounds a'filled with battle. It'd be a most amusing experience.

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
gstaff said:
We're in Maryland, not Virginia...it's all the same though :)
Eep! Right. Maryland. Bethesda, Maryland. Doh.

I blame all the dry desert air. I'm from North Carolina, we roll along at a constant minimum of 50% humidity.

@Archon - Apparently, that's what the next DLC, Broken Steel, is.

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
FalloutJack said:
As a Pittsburgher, I want to see my own stomping grounds a'filled with battle. It'd be a most amusing experience.
I'm a native Pennsylvanian, and I always thought Pittsburgh was one of the most geographically awesome cities in the state. It's like someone founded a big city in the middle of the hilly woods by a river, and forgot to take the hilly woods down.

I just hope they accurately reflect how if you step off the shore at the Point, the Ohio River is like immediately ten miles deep. Supermutant whales, anybody?

...That you can ride on? Sweeeeet.

PauL o_O

Feb 15, 2009
Is Anchorage the only DLC out yet?
I haven't played the game in a long while, and I'm sure that's a pretty lame questions :D

BUT THIS LOOKS AMAZING.

Hobo Of Hell

Jul 2, 2008
More awesome looking Gear for Fallout, Hopefully abit longer and more immersive than Ancourage though :)

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
I do hope they release all this in a non-"Games For Windows" package. I still refuse to buy these through that system because I feel like I'm sending Microsoft the message that their system isn't a load of brahmin-droppings.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Just going to wait till Bethesda releases all of this little DLC into one nice package at my local store =D

Already spending most of my free time replaying some old games (NWN 2 and even UT 3) with mods.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Spudgun Man said:
AceDiamond said:
Erm you do realise the whole Black Isle, Interplay then Bethedesa thing right? its a bit like taking the bayeux tapestry and sewing a pair of jeans to it and claiming it was there originally.
Ah so I take it you're one of the people who never downloaded the 1.1 patch for Fallout 1? No? Then hypocrisy.

And mostly I'm just waiting for the inevitable deluge of whiny punks who complained about the ending to complain about the new ending because...well people are never happy.