Fallout 4 Locked At 30 FPS on Consoles

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
I really don't get why they don't just scale down the resolution or have fewer post-processing effects in the game. Frame rate is the part that matters most. Heck, games I play on Nintendo consoles seem to have no trouble with higher frame rates at all. I still remember how blown away I was when I played Super Smash Bros. Melee for the first time. I can't believe that developers would choose to have things look nicer as a still image instead of looking nicer as a video game.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
A constant 30 fps is always better than 60fps most of the time but with framerate dropping when shit starts going down anyway.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Oh no!! It's at 30fps? Whatever will I do? It's so unplayabl... *snores*

If people truly care this much about frame rates then good luck to you. You stress out about that while I lose myself in the game and actually HAVE FUN!!

Whether it's consoles, PC's and mobile, just escape into the world created and have fun. Leave the petty battles to the immature children of the world.

deadish

Dec 4, 2011
Yet will still look smoother than on PC ...

I really don't get it. How is it that 30 fps on consoles look perfectly smooth but 30 fps on PC looks like a flipbook.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
If it's going to be 1080p, this makes sense. The new consoles simply don't have the hardware power to do 1080p and 60fps unless the graphics are vastly simplified in other ways.

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
Damn, if only I could care about fps beyond 30, my tendency toward playing on the PC would surely give me the warm, comfortable glow of rampant superiority over the unwashed console masses.

Guess I'll just have to continue not caring about that and hoping the game is good and people of all systems can enjoy it. Curses.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
Not surprised they would do this to the objectively weaker console systems..

What is the point anyway?