Fallout 4 Mods are Now Live on Xbox One

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Fallout 4 Mods are Now Live on Xbox One

Everyone can now download Fallout 4 mods on Xbox One, Bethesda announced today.

The Fallout 4 mod beta, which began a week ago [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167526-The-Fallout-4-Mod-Beta-has-Begun-on-Xbox-One], has already ended. Bethesda announced today that mods are now available to everyone on Xbox One, with the feature expected for PS4 in June.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/737715056662720513]

Of course, there are some restrictions [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167558-Xbox-One-Fallout-4-Mod-Restrictions] as to which mods may be available on consoles, but it's still great to see more people getting to find out how awesome modding can be.

You can check out the mods that are currently available over on acknowledged the issue [https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4], and are working on it.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
As a member of the PC Master Race, I must ask my console restricted bretheren; Do you have access to boobs, and does it bother you that PC gamers can still earn achievements with a modded game where you cannot?

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
I didn't expect boob job mods. Can't wait for the ps4 mods to arrive.

Edit: Plus new clothing, and remixed clothing, and redone clothing, and more cosmetics.

PS: And hopefully a fix for settlements so their stats stop getting screwy on your pipboy.

Nov 28, 2007
008Zulu said:
As a member of the PC Master Race, I must ask my console restricted bretheren; Do you have access to boobs, and does it bother you that PC gamers can still earn achievements with a modded game where you cannot?
Yeah, about the last half of the sentence...

http://wccftech.com/fallout-4-mods-apparently-disable-achievements/

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
*Sees thread has only one comment, bets self $20 that it's one of the PC bourgeoisie denying their increasing obsolescence in the face of the console proletariat*
008Zulu said:
*Loses and receives $20*
I don't see the point of mods honestly. With the exception of things like Falskaar they just seem to make the game worse, or sillier.
I tried playing Skyrim with mods, but they were all just "Pop-culture reference skin", "Sexy waifu companion", "balance tweak that actually makes balance worse", "Silly over-powered equipment", "Weird sex mod", "Graphical overhaul that makes everything look worse", and "UI overhaul to make the game more Mouse and Keyboard friendly in spite of the game supporting USB controllers, thereby making alternative control schemes pointless".

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
thebobmaster said:

Yeah, about your linked article...

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12465/?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Souplex said:
*Sees thread has only one comment
Your "bet" might have had more of an impact if you had made that post before I did.

The mods that change the control scheme of Fallout and Skyrim fix the problem of Bethesda not caring about PC gamers.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
008Zulu said:
Souplex said:
Your "bet" might have had more of an impact if you had made that post before I did.

The mods that change the control scheme of Fallout and Skyrim fix the problem of Bethesda not caring about PC gamers.
They care, they let you use USB controllers so you can play properly.
We don't need to patch the english language so I can type properly with a controller, I understand it's not good for that, and type with a keyboard.
Insisting that people enable you to unicycle by resting your head on the saddle, and pedaling with your hands is just silly.

Zenja

Jan 16, 2013
Souplex said:
"Graphical overhaul that makes everything look worse"
The only way that would happen is if your graphics card is crap and can't support the mod fully. Any high resolution mod greatly improves the look with less pixilated textures. As well the ENB stuff is really great too if your hardware can handle it.

"UI overhaul to make the game more Mouse and Keyboard friendly in spite of the game supporting USB controllers, thereby making alternative control schemes pointless".
A controller only has so many buttons as opposed to a keyboard. I got a mod that lets me pick up books in skyrim without having to read them. To use that mod with the controller, I have to sacrifice a button for it which isn't worth it. Hotkeys are something console users severely unappreciated because a controller is essentially like 12 hotkeys opposed to the 50+ on a keyboard. Holding trianlge and pushing up or some weird thing IF the game implements that (Skyrim doesn't) adds more. But a keyboard allows you to just bind it to one of the many keys.

"balance tweak that actually makes balance worse",
That one is debatable. Bethesda doesn't make balanced games anyways. Actually, their games are horribly balanced. I don't mind modders attempting to adjust it.

Insisting that people enable you to unicycle by resting your head on the saddle, and pedaling with your hands is just silly.
This is exactly what it felt like when Skyrim ported that terrible console focused UI onto the PC crowd. Consoles seemed to pick up Oblivion's UI fine enough.

Nov 28, 2007
008Zulu said:
thebobmaster said:

Yeah, about your linked article...

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12465/?
The fact that there was a mod introduced to counteract the achievements being disabled doesn't mean that Bethesda didn't disable achievements for those using mods. It just meant players made a workaround. Will the same thing happen on the Xbox One or PS4? Probably not, but you never know. My point was to show that your comment about the us "console brethren" having achievements disabled if we mod is technically true on PC as well, so it doesn't really seem to fit in as a reason why the PC version is still better.

Sinister Minister

May 20, 2009
008Zulu said:
thebobmaster said:
so it doesn't really seem to fit in as a reason why the PC version is still better.
Because we can play a modded game and still have achievements.
PC players literally look for any little thing to be smug about, don't they?

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
Souplex said:
*Sees thread has only one comment, bets self $20 that it's one of the PC bourgeoisie denying their increasing obsolescence in the face of the console proletariat*
008Zulu said:
*Loses and receives $20*
I don't see the point of mods honestly. With the exception of things like Falskaar they just seem to make the game worse, or sillier.
I tried playing Skyrim with mods, but they were all just "Pop-culture reference skin", "Sexy waifu companion", "balance tweak that actually makes balance worse", "Silly over-powered equipment", "Weird sex mod", "Graphical overhaul that makes everything look worse", and "UI overhaul to make the game more Mouse and Keyboard friendly in spite of the game supporting USB controllers, thereby making alternative control schemes pointless".
So, no SkyUI, no Skyrim Unofficial Patch, no Ultra HD retextures, no Open Cities, no natural needs or classic magic and RPG system restoration, no enhanced animations and LODs, no revised signs and lore-friendly books?

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Souplex said:
"balance tweak that actually makes balance worse",
Bethesda balance is pretty awful anyway, it's worth a try.
Souplex said:
"Graphical overhaul that makes everything look worse", and
Meh, higher resolution textures generally tend to look better than the blurry stuff Bethesda puts out. So long as it maintains the same motif.

Souplex said:
"UI overhaul to make the game more Mouse and Keyboard friendly in spite of the game supporting USB controllers, thereby making alternative control schemes pointless".
Y'know, if I'm installing a mod to make the UI more MKB friendly, it's probably because I'm using KBM.

Or are you saying that people should just use a pad if they're unhappy with the default UI?

Souplex said:
008Zulu said:
Souplex said:

Woah apparently you are. Even though the default UI is exactly like riding a unicycle with your hands and mods seek to turn it into a motorbike. Seriously, why would you /defend/ a developer releasing a crappy port? Oblivion and Morrowind didn't have this problem. The developers creating a solution to a problem that shouldn't exist exist with a method that many do not like doesn't make the develops clever or caring, because they shouldn't have created the problem in the first place.

You're basically arguing that someone hacked off your perfectly healthy leg on purpose and that they should expect praise for giving you a peg leg.

The skyrim ui isn't even well designed from a console perspective, it's about 80% wasted space. It's a crap UI. SKYUI is better even using a pad:

You could easily navigate SKY UI on a pad, just using RB and LB to navigate left and right on the categories. Not only that it adds much more information on the screen at once, filtering and sorting in a much more usable and more efficient fashion. From a design perspective, SKYUI is objectively the better design. You should want SKYUI to be the default UI. Don't settle for bad design dude.

Also, what this guy said:

Rastrelly said:
So, no SkyUI, no Skyrim Unofficial Patch, no Ultra HD retextures, no Open Cities, no natural needs or classic magic and RPG system restoration, no enhanced animations and LODs, no revised signs and lore-friendly books?

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Meh. While there are several mods I'd be interested in downloading, I'm still going to give it another month or two before I actually try using mods just so that more of the kinks can be worked out and so that there are even more mods for me to choose from.

Sidmen

Jul 3, 2012
Mods I want: let me upgrade any set of clothing with ballistic cloth. Let me wear armor over all my clothes. Give me some not-junk wooden walls, and some not-junk carpets. That's really all I want. Maybe a few more weapons.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
Souplex said:
008Zulu said:
*Loses and receives $20*
well not everyone plays with a controller on pc, some of us do prefer mouse and keyboard.

sure some of the mods were as you reference but others work quite well and were immersive. like fixing the UI for pc.

as for fallout 4 mods there are some like beantown interiors that add interiors to many of the closed off buildings you find in the vanilla game, nothing game breaking, nothing overpowered just little visual stories sometimes, and extra places to explore

Sidmen said:
Mods I want: let me upgrade any set of clothing with ballistic cloth. Let me wear armor over all my clothes. Give me some not-junk wooden walls, and some not-junk carpets. That's really all I want. Maybe a few more weapons.
i havent seen to many new weapon mods yet but assuming it comes to console, snap and build gives you access to new wall options. heck the ability to construct full prewar town houses, also bunkers, etc

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Souplex said:
The point of mods is to either through your own efforts or someone else's to customize your particular game to your liking. Mods can add, change, or remove features to the game, improve graphics, UI, and controls, rebalance the game, even completely convert the game to something else. Due to being designed for it Bethesda games in particular have a LOT of things mods change.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
008Zulu said:
"Dear console players: how do you feel about your inferiority to us deities whose shit doesn't stink?"

Give it a rest. PC gamers aren't Queen-Fucking-Sheba because they play video games on a PC. Want to know what I think? I think I've sunk enough time into FO4, a game I didn't really like, and I won't invest enough time in the future to feel any sense of loss because I have the console version.

Sorry if my apathy toward FO4 mods on consoles bruised your ego. Or maybe I'm not sorry since your sole intent was to rub shit in the faces of everyone who doesn't game on PC for whatever reason.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Good. maybe now console players stop associating word "mods" with "cheats", since those were the only mods they knew before.

Souplex said:
I... what?
KB&M is the proper way to play games, however sadly due to broken bethesda design they are played easier with a controller. Also bethesda has nothing to do with "letting" us. PC players can play with any controller they want. You just map controller keys to keyboard keys and it will work in every game.

Sinister Minister said:
PC players literally look for any little thing to be smug about, don't they?
No need to look for little things, we choose superior platform, thats reason enough to be smug about it.