Fallout 4: Nuka World Trailer Shows Off Gameplay from the Game's Final DLC

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Fallout 4: Nuka World Trailer Shows Off Gameplay from the Game's Final DLC

Get a look at the amusement park you'll be exploring when the last DLC for Fallout 4 launches later this month.

The sixth and final DLC for Fallout 4 is coming to PC and consoles later this month, and it will send you into the Nuka-World amusement park. Once a huge theme park advertising Nuka-Cola, it's now the domain of a huge group of raiders. You'll get to explore areas like the Safari Adventure, Dry Rock Gulch, Kiddie Kingdom, and the Galactic Zone.

You'll also be able to recruit your own bands of raiders and bring them along to help conquer settlements. Nuka-World will include new quests, more types of raiders, new weapons, additional creatures, and more.

Nuka-World is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on August 30. If you don't have the season pass, you can pick it up for $19.99.

[gallery=6407]

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
is... that an electrified paddle ball?

.... well, time to go get my melee skills up to par....

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Mr Cappy sounds suspiciously like Mr Hanky. Hmmm...

I hope that trailer song comes with the dlc, it sounds great for a murdering spree. Am legitimately interested in this, may have to get back into Fallout 4 to loosen the gaming levers, so to speak.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
oh squeal :D that looks awesome :D

love the song. loved the new monsters, RIDES AND GAMES !!!! cant wait to play around with this.

probably helps that at last count ive got 1452 hours in it as well.. definitely value for money for me

Silverbane7

Jul 1, 2012
glad i am not the only one that went 'squeeel' over a few things....
but the one thing i want to know.....cant i make a pet out of the worm thing ^^
my own pet cluster lizard......

i will call you....Squish!

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Good news everyone. GOTY is coming soon....Now, when will go on sale.

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
Smilomaniac said:
It's like the final nail being driven into the Fallout franchise, with a taunting and annoying song to accompany it. Except it's not the last one, as five to seven years from now we'll once again see Todd Howard's shit eating grin, telling us how much they've respected and kept true to the spirit of the game.
He'll go, "Remember settlements? How much fun that was? Well in 'Fallout' (rebooted) we're revisiting that beloved mechanic! We're taking it back to the roots, where you get to model and build Vault 13 from the ground up and assign quests to vaultdwellers, including an easteregg hunt for a water chip, *winks*..."

And I'll slowly stab myself with a pencil, over and over, a merciful death in comparison to Todd's further corpse fucking of what once was just a great and simple game.
You had to me until simple. Fallout 1 and 2 were far from straightforward: goint in guns blazing early game was like signing your own death warrant, and playing on hard required a pretty exact build (e.g, guns, energy weapons and medic). Doesn't help the interface was like having a sharpened pencil shoved up your arse.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Smilomaniac said:
chocolate pickles said:
You had to me until simple. Fallout 1 and 2 were far from straightforward: goint in guns blazing early game was like signing your own death warrant, and playing on hard required a pretty exact build (e.g, guns, energy weapons and medic). Doesn't help the interface was like having a sharpened pencil shoved up your arse.
You're confusing simple with stupid or easy. Simple isn't a bad thing, despite some of the negative connotation and I get why you'd mix those two up.
Simple is like having bunny hopping and rocket jumping in a shooter. Both are straightforward mechanics (albeit sometimes unintentional) that are hard to master. Simple is the way you play Quake at a high or even competitive level, undisturbed by weapon scatter or crosshair swaying. It's elegant, it gets the job done, it's fun and it's all on you.
Simple is having slices of prosciutto, some cheese, bread and a glass of whine and enjoying your meal every bit as much as the guy who's having an eight hours prepared dish consisting of five different courses.

So at its core, Fallout was pretty simple. You learned very quickly what worked and what didn't - Every mistake was important and I disagree with you on this, it was straightforward in a lot of ways, especially because you had a physical manual to consult and you had to think.

...okay, this is turning into a rant, so you can skip the rest if you want.

Fallout 4 is anything but simple. It's an overcomplicated mess. With the exception of the dialogue system which is simplified to the point that you can just press the down arrow in every conversation, to be the blandest stooge in the Commonwealth.
Want to upgrade your weapon? Scour the entire wasteland for screws. Repeat for any weapon you'd like to try and compare with, until you realize that it doesn't matter, because enemies scale to the point of making all but two weapons useful. Your average crosshair height is somewhere between the middle and your feet in an endless scrounging and looting expedition, because you want a wall that extends the entire perimeter of one of your settlements, until you realize the build limit prevents you from doing that.

It's overcomplicated and the rewards you get for doing anything in the game are non-existant. You don't get a better experience, you're just grinding materials so your ungrateful settlers can whine some more at you, whenever they walk by. Sure, it's an eminent timewaster that you can spend... *checks steam* ...211 hours on, or like that guy above, 1452 hours and in a few ways it's a good or even great game, but it's a horrible RPG and an even worse Fallout.

As the reviewer Conrad Zimmerman told me on the forums, if you don't like it, you can "Just go No Mutants Allowed and grumble with the other people who have been left behind."
Along with thousands of other people, he hadn't realized that Fallout 4 despite its enormous amount of content and eye candy, isn't a well made game. It just replaces quality with quantity and tricks you into thinking you're being part of something. That "something", is the deepest, most desperate pit of mainstream gaming that "keeps delivering" and is "worth my money" because the level of engagement is designed to be so low and pitiful that anyone can play it, however they want.
I really wish that someone would go back and review the game again and this time actually spend time on it. We could do with a lengthy article ripping Bethesda a new asshole.
Well, looks like your spending your time well. If you are so adamant about all this being bad, go become a Bethsheda employee. Change it from there.

People have decided a long time ago whether they liked Fallout or not. Me personal,y I see it as being just as good as the original because the original wasn't that good. And Fallout 2 was the worst in the series by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not going to explain it to you why I hate F2 because I'm going to respect that you love it and forcing my ideas down your throat just makes everyone unhappy. Can you just leave people alone to like their games?

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
It looks kind of fun, but the idea of having the primary enemies be even MORE raiders sounds boring. I'm probably only going to return to this game once some major overhaul mods have been created (think SkyRe).

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
My issue with these siderompey DLCs is that unless I feel like playing the game all over again from the ground up(which these days I don't), I get to roll in absolutely overpowered and steamroll all the content. Then proceed to never reap the benefits from beating the content for I already control the Wasteland and do not need my own roving Raider bands.

Maybe when I'm done with Deus Ex(which hopefully releases on time this time), I might see fit to give this another run with full DLCs and modded to my liking.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Smilomaniac said:
trunkage said:
Well, looks like your spending your time well. If you are so adamant about all this being bad, go become a Bethsheda employee. Change it from there.

People have decided a long time ago whether they liked Fallout or not. Me personal,y I see it as being just as good as the original because the original wasn't that good. And Fallout 2 was the worst in the series by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not going to explain it to you why I hate F2 because I'm going to respect that you love it and forcing my ideas down your throat just makes everyone unhappy. Can you just leave people alone to like their games?
By all means, complain away about Fallout 2. Here, I'll do it for you; Too many references and not enough originality to be it's own game or a proper successor. There you go, that's what everyone has been whining about, ever since five years after the release, when people got tired of saying the games were awesome and needed something new to talk about. That's what happens when fan communities go stagnant and have to wait a decade for a new game, but unlike most communities, the Fallout ones endured that wait. You don't do that, unless there's something there to wait for.
But worst in the series? You either mean "of the two", which doesn't say anything, or you mean of all Fallout games, in which case you've got some reading up to do.

It didn't take five years to start whining about Fallout 3 or 4, because it's painfully obvious that they're not only bad games, but devoid of meaningful content.

I could spend the next twenty years rising from the bottom of Bethesda and I wouldn't be able to do squat about it, because to change the company from being a console pandering and money grabbing shithole, you need to change it from the top.

I'm going to keep whining about it, because Fallout means something to me. If you don't like it, block me. If you think it's "forcing ideas" down peoples throat, then start blocking everyone and never stop.
The way I see it, you're mad at me for bashing something you like, when what you like is a sandbox game, of which there are a dozen relatable titles to go play instead. I don't need you to agree on anything, by all means be satisfied with games the way they are. For all I care, you can throw plastic garbage in the forest and drive a hummer. It's your choice.
Fallout 2 was bad because it had terrible writing, poor and meaningless choices, hardly any consequences to actions and an uninteresting story. It had a massive republic form from Shady Sands of all places and the Hub just somehow disappeared. There were literally times when you would select a dialogue option and the answer would be different. I actually never had anyone complain about Fallout 2 to me, so I don't know what the overall community feeling was.

Also, I find it funny because most of the things complain about Fallout 3 was exactly what I complained about Fallout 2. I keep pointing these things out but they hold the first two games in such esteem they don't see the flaw. The problems of Fallout 3 was just Fallout 2's (Fallout 1's to be fair, as it had similar problems, Fallout 2 exacerbated them)

As to meaningless content, that sounds like Fallout 1. You were meant to find a water chip. Its imperative. Others everyone will die if you don't. But you get side tracked so quickly through meaningless stuff (I'd say some of its world building stuff which makes it slightly better but not really...) I mean, look at Morrowind. It had so much fluff that wasn't at all necessary. Or Daggerfall. Or Baulder's Gate. That seems to be the definition of an RPG.

I say all this because I know you not going to believe a word I say and I'm just making all your experience of those games worse for you. You'll probably need to counter argue. So what's the point. It won't change a thing. This was effective when Fallout 4 came out but people have made up their minds long ago. What are you getting out of this except making yourself angry.

Jan 12, 2012
RedDeadFred said:
It looks kind of fun, but the idea of having the primary enemies be even MORE raiders sounds boring. I'm probably only going to return to this game once some major overhaul mods have been created (think SkyRe).
This. In New Vegas, they gave you the holograms and ghost people of Sierra Madre, the tribals of Honest Hearts, the marked men of Lonesome Road (who were the most boring enemies, but at least there were tunnelers to change it up), and all the crazy things of Old World Blues. Each DLC gave you not only a new enviroment, but new combat encounters.

Raiders, raiders, and more raiders was the boring part of Fallout 4, and it's very disappointing to see the same thing happening in the DLC.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Thunderous Cacophony said:
This. In New Vegas, they gave you the holograms and ghost people of Sierra Madre, the tribals of Honest Hearts, the marked men of Lonesome Road (who were the most boring enemies, but at least there were tunnelers to change it up), and all the crazy things of Old World Blues. Each DLC gave you not only a new enviroment, but new combat encounters.

Raiders, raiders, and more raiders was the boring part of Fallout 4, and it's very disappointing to see the same thing happening in the DLC.
Didn't the same problem happen with Skyrim? I recall a comic contrasting it with Oblivion, and the gist of it was that every quest in Skyrim was the same.