Fallout 4 Will Have a DLC Season Pass, Regular Free Updates

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Fallout 4 Will Have a DLC Season Pass, Regular Free Updates

With Fallout 4 entering into the final stretch of development, Bethesda has detailed the perks and details of what players can expect post-release.

According to a Fallout 4 [http://bethesda.net/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=090915-F4SeasonPass#en/events/game/fallout-4-launch-and-beyond/2015/09/08/22] will be getting regular free updates that "come with not just fixes, but new features."

"For Skyrim we added things like mounted combat, legendary mode, kill cams, visual enhancements and more. We'll work with all of you to figure out what new things you'd love to see added to Fallout 4, whether they are small tweaks or new features."

And then there is the matter of future Downloadable Content. While the details on what paid DLC will become available are not yet known, fans can purchase a $30 season pass that will "get you all of the Fallout 4 DLC we ever do." It's expected to become available early next year. "Based on what we did for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Skyrim, we know that it will be worth at least $40, and if we do more, you'll get it all with the Season Pass," the post reads.

The post also stated that "the most important thing" is the freedom to create a unique gaming experience. Fallout 4 will be open and moddable "at every step in development." Early next year, Bethesda will release the Creation Kit for PC for free, which is said to be the same tool used in-studio. "You'll be able to create your own mods and share them with others. We're especially excited these same mods will then be coming to Xbox One, and then PlayStation 4."

Fallout 4 releases on PC, PS4 and Xbox One on November 10.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
I say don't get it for PS4 until it's released. Knowing their track record with DLC for Sony consoles you'll be waiting until the GOTY edition releases.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
Yup, another GotY purchase here. Not like I ever intended to buy it on release, this just makes me a bit more at peace with not throwing my money at it right away.

hiddendragonv5

Apr 18, 2009
Oh no Bethesda don't do this you still have 2 mouths till it comes out. This is only going to make people mad and give the impression that you cut out content, now if you waited a few mouths after it was released people won't be as mad cause that game would be so good, so no one will want to say anything negative cause the DLC will just playthrough 2 so much better.

jayzz911

Nov 9, 2010
I have bought all the expansions for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. They were all worth the asking price and I have no problem buying a season pass if the level of quality will remain the same or even higher.Definitely won't wait till there is finally a game of the year edition given that i like the series way too much to have that kind of patience.

Pinky's Brain

Mar 2, 2011
"This is the same tool we use in the studio."

Oh Bethesda, thank you for filling the gap left by Molyneux.

Jsan the Candyman

Sep 5, 2014
See, normally I'd think a season pass is a ridiculous gimmick, as you do, and the GOTY will be the only version worth getting. However, I got a personal quest to find a Fallout: Equestria reference once I get the game, and I don't want the internet ruining it for me, as per usual. Save money or get a head start before the spoilers circulate, that's the choice I see.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
A season pass they're not trying to sell over and over and over? Color me cautiously curious. Even when the DLC gets discounted it runs about $10 and they make at least 3 for every game... Huuuummmm, the math works out but idk. And god damnit, I saw someone mention the Borderland 2 season pass, now I'm pissed again. :mad:

Sgt Pepper

Dec 7, 2009
RaikuFA said:
I say don't get it for PS4 until it's released. Knowing their track record with DLC for Sony consoles you'll be waiting until the GOTY edition releases.
That was PS3 which presented them with certain issues. I certainly don't anticipate the same problems arising with the PS4.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Sgt Pepper said:
RaikuFA said:
That was PS3 which presented them with certain issues. I certainly don't anticipate the same problems arising with the PS4.
I do. They need to earn my trust before I buy DLC from them again.

Sinister Minister

May 20, 2009
The games are usually meaty to the point where you don't need to grab the season pass, however it does just make me want to wait for the edition that packs it all together with the game.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
I wasn't overly displeased by the DLC for Skyrim. That said, handing out $30 before even knowing what I'm going to get for it is not something I'd likely do.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Honestly; with Bethesda's track record for producing DLC, I think they're one of the few people who can get away with season passes.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
I bet they were inspired by how The Witcher 3 did the free updates gig and made everyone happy. I could be wrong, but the only game I have known to hand out free content with actual 'good' content is The Witcher 3. Hopefully Bethesda knows what features would make fans exceptionally happy.
Yeah, the way DLC was done in New Vegas was pretty legit.
While some of them were better then others and all of them had that Buggy-Fallout-ness to them, I did like how they changed the situation for the player a fair bit.

Dead Money for example was the most interesting DLC because it actually made you care about getting items again, especially as you wouldn't be able to rely on your endless pile of stimpaks and ammo.
Old World Blues was the best period though, there was enough content and detail in that to fuel an entire game!

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Yep, gonna wait for the GOTY edition to be super cheap. It's getting to the point where you might as well wait for GOTY editions of everything, spoilers and falling behind in the multiplayer community be damned. My PC that can run Fallout 4 probably won't even be built until next year.

Honestly, I haven't even bothered buying the Skyrim DLC because none of it sounds impressive. (Only putting 30 hours into the base game since I bought it launch day also plays a small factor in that.) I wouldn't drop money on a season pass for any game until the available DLC is worth that pass's price.

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
I may end up buying this season pass... Considering Bethesda's track record of paid DLC, especially in the Fallout universe, it should be well worth the money. Plus it's not time limited so with the one payment I can get all of the DLC for free.

Here's hoping that this doesn't turn out to be another Watch_Dogs or A:CM

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
Here is one Todd, Skills and a non talking player character or at the very least more than one freaking voice per gender. IF you can patch that in, I'll be glad

Jak2364

Feb 9, 2010
Sure would be nice if the season pass came with the collectors edition like it does with most other games with season passes that were obviously planned from the start. Those pip-boys certainly don't cost another $60 to produce. Eh, well, I still hope it all ends up being worth it.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
Diablo1099 said:
Caramel Frappe said:
I bet they were inspired by how The Witcher 3 did the free updates gig and made everyone happy. I could be wrong, but the only game I have known to hand out free content with actual 'good' content is The Witcher 3. Hopefully Bethesda knows what features would make fans exceptionally happy.
Yeah, the way DLC was done in New Vegas was pretty legit.
While some of them were better then others and all of them had that Buggy-Fallout-ness to them, I did like how they changed the situation for the player a fair bit.

Dead Money for example was the most interesting DLC because it actually made you care about getting items again, especially as you wouldn't be able to rely on your endless pile of stimpaks and ammo.
Old World Blues was the best period though, there was enough content and detail in that to fuel an entire game!
I am sorry for posting two posts so closely but I suck at editing comments. I just wanted to point out that Fallout New Vegas wasn't made by the same people doing 4 though the dlc was awesome on vegas. I loved the interlocked stories in them .3.