Fallout 4

capin Rob

Apr 2, 2010

Hey there escapist, I found this trailer for fallout 4, and it looks fairly real, I'm skeptical though. Do you you think this is real? Or a well made fake?

If you think this is real, do you like that its set in the west coast again? I think it would be alright, but the BoS would HAVE to show up if it's set in California, and The brotherhood is getting pretty old.

But I still like the idea of going through the streets of San Francisco, epically if the game will be made with Bethesda?s new engine.

what do you guys and gals think?

The_Yeti

Jan 17, 2011
Its fake, a well made fake sure, but eh, you can still hear & see the quality difference, and if it was real it'd have exploded in advertisement already, their not done milking new vegas DLC yet.

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
Definitely fake. Especially since revisiting San Fran would be entirely uninteresting...maybe. I suppose it would be neat to find out what the Shi have gotten up to since Fallout 2, but i know they're not gonna do that.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
I have to say that is fantastically well made. As much as I want it to be real, I'd have to repeat what the others have said and go with fake, but...wow.

Rathcoole

Jan 1, 2011
Anybody else think there is something strange about the way thing's look in that trailer? If it was really made by bethesda I would think it would look alot more impressive. The car at the end looked terrible but maybe that's just me. I am calling fake, A nice try probably made using modding tool's on one of the older game's.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Akisa said:
Fallout 4 was released, it's just called New Vegas >.>
This... and... It is clearly fake, Look at the assets used. Its bits and pieces from NV,(specifically the gateway for NCR territory) with some older assets sprinkled in.

With such, I think that it might be a while before we see another Fallout game, because If Im not mistaken Bethesda only has one-two more installments left on the original agreement to use the Fallout IP before it reverts back to interplay. So smart money is on letting the IP cool for a couple years, Give interplay enough rope to hang itself back into insolvency and then be the last remaining Copywrite holder.

Well its what I would do in that situation.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
The one thing that gives it away is... NO cool 40's music I mean comon 3 and nv have had teasers with cool 40's music and this one just has the fallout theme tune (not saying its bad). Other than that it looks fairly like something bethesda would make.

[EDIT] Another thing that gives it away is that theres no zoom back onto a cool looking dude in power armour etc

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
viranimus said:
Akisa said:
With such, I think that it might be a while before we see another Fallout game, because If Im not mistaken Bethesda only has one-two more installments left on the original agreement to use the Fallout IP before it reverts back to interplay. So smart money is on letting the IP cool for a couple years, Give interplay enough rope to hang itself back into insolvency and then be the last remaining Copywrite holder.

I thought bethesda bought fallout outright and they have copyright on it forever

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Obviously fake. You know why? No slow fade out from something while 50's music plays in the background. Bethesda kind of has this rule that every single Fallout trailer must mimic the original Fallout 1 intro.

Why? Who the fuck knows. It is very good for teasers though since it generates curiosity whilst showing very little. Don't see them changing the formula now.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
creepersizzleWTFBOOM said:
viranimus said:
Akisa said:

I thought bethesda bought fallout outright and they have copyright on it forever
That is pretty much the essence of the fight between interplay and bethesda thats in courts. Bethesda claims they own it outright. Interplay states they granted the rights to the IP in exchange for cash to create the fallout MMO. The caveat is that Bethesda claims Interplay is dragging its heels on the MMO and is in default of the agreement and thinks Interplay should also loose the rights to the MMO. Interplay claims that by trying to effect the development of the MMO (which Bethesda has done by trying to claim that Interplay cannot use any sort of Intellectual property such as assets, graphics, names, lore, etc related to fallout as an IP) would default the original agreement, leaving Bethesda the right to make Fallout 5 (or 1 more whatever it would be titled) and then the IP would revert back to interplay.

Its an interesting case to watch, just for how much of a "bloody mess" it has been so far.

ivc392

Aug 26, 2010
Its a fake, a well made, exquisitely creative fake. Hope Bethesda is watching..

SalamanderJoe said:
I still want Fallout:London with a ghoul Royal Family ruling over the city with mutated corgis.
I agree, It`s time for a EU based game that's not set in WWII. Seriously...

Theron Julius

Nov 30, 2009
San Fransisco has nothing to offer. They should go to Alaska. A change from arid desert to frozen wasteland would be interesting. Plus you could have mutant yeti-like monsters. What's more awesome than shooting yetis?

Particulate

May 27, 2011
I'd like to see a different area entirely. Why not China? That could be an interesting take for the series and be able to show the non-american side of the aftermath.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Bethesda has also been fairly straight forward in their intention not to touch the "old Fallout world" but to do their own gig on the east coast, leaving the West Coast, Mojave etc. to Obsidian.