Fallout Games Yanked From GoG Due To Rights Issues

Feb 24, 2011
Neronium said:
Laurents van Cauwenberghe said:
Deathclaws are way worse in the classics!
Don't remind me. >.<
Fallout 2 was my first Fallout game and those...those evil little demons were enough to make me rage quit the game for a bit. Then when 3 came out and I saw one the memories from Fallout 2 game back, but then I found out that Deathclaws were real pansies in that game. Come New Vegas I thought, eh if Bethesda had part in it then they'll be piss easy again. But then I got killed by some Young Deathclaws and remembered that some of the team from Obsidian who worked on New Vegas were once from Black Isle...and then the memories were truly realized for a bit. :D
yea and those guys who were from black isle now made inexile and are developing wasteland 2, yay! :p
there's only one reason that you got killed by deathclaws so easily in NV though, it's because obisdian doesn't do level scaling, you might've wandered into a den of level 30 deathclaws while you were still level 5 xD

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
major_chaos said:
It's only a matter of time before the new rights holders strike a deal with GoG and get the post-apocalypse rolling again.
Or not, because if there is one thing companies love its sitting on beloved IPs and refusing to actually do anything with them.
It really boggles the mind why they hate FREE MONEY so much.
Their selflessness and selfsacrifice are of legendary proportions, I tell you. They must be true heroes or something.

I still want to buy and play those games, damn it.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Now the question is, does GOG get the rights back?

Longstreet said:
I HAVE played other fallout games (that is 3 and NV) and usually i follow this simple rule

Stay the fuck away from deathclaws unless you have a really "this will fuck you up" gun. This goes especially for den's.
Although there was an addendum to this rule in NV, avoid cazadores like the plague.

Anyway, sorry to tell you, i won't be taking the latter part of your advice.
I used to hunt deathclaws in F3 with dark gun. that was a fun challenge. actually i finished the whole game without shooting any of the "This will fuck you up" weapons, and then jut stared at them in my cupboard (my gun cupboard had like 10k ammunition of everything, i am a hoarder) and siad fuck it and slaughtered megaton.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
CriticalMiss said:
Even though I got the games already, I hope Bethesda don't put them back up but at an inflated price.
Eeeeeh, I wouldn't put it past them.

Horse Armor, ya know?

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
And this is why copyright on anything should expire in 10 years, you can still own the trademark so you can make a sequel that is fine but the product should have a limited time. Sorry but having them last 70 years after the death of the original author ( yes 70 years AFTER the creator dies 70!) is retarded.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
ThunderCavalier said:
CriticalMiss said:
Even though I got the games already, I hope Bethesda don't put them back up but at an inflated price.
Eeeeeh, I wouldn't put it past them.

Horse Armor, ya know?
Hmm, Radscorpion armour might be kind of cool if you could ride one...NONONO don't give them ideas!

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
Neronium said:
OT: This is a shame because the GoG versions of Fallout, Fallout 2, and Tactics were tailor made to work right there, but the Steam version requires you to install some things in order to play the games correctly.
What /are/ those things, by-the-by? I've tried to find some things, but my google-fu is really poor so I wasn't able to find much.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
solemnwar said:
What /are/ those things, by-the-by? I've tried to find some things, but my google-fu is really poor so I wasn't able to find much.
Here's a link in getting Fallout 2 to work fine on your computer, this one is for 64-bit computers, and I'll edit in this post when I find the ones to get Fallout 1 and Fallout Tactics working since I've not found them yet.

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
For those of us who got them and don't give a crap about politics, are we "pirates"?
I assume that we legally purchased them from a party that was assumed to have the rights, but if that is not the case...