Fallout New Vegas is being Remade in Fallout 4 via modding.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
And judging by this trailer alone, this looks practically like it was an officially made game:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Does the Fallout 4 engine look any better than the New Vegas one? Like i don't understand the point of the update here, unless they just want to further polish the game up and maybe add stuff to it.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
This amuses me. Given how much shit people gave/give FO 4 for being a buggy mess, the idea that they are rebuilding the infamously buggy NV with that engine, and this is lauded as an improvement. I just....it just makes me smile. Guess it's not such a shit engine when it's lightyears better than the shit NV engine, and will give people a chance to try and play that game, in a state that is even remotely stable.

As to the game itself, personally don't care. I really don't like NV, and found it to be incredibly boring, so boring in fact, that it took me 3-4 attempts of restarting the game, to be invested in it enough to want to finish it. I'd find myself sort of zoning out, running through the endless brown/orange wastes, and suddenly blink out of a fugue and be like "wait...what was I doing again?" I'd lose all emphasis to play it, and just stop playing.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Cue the Cease and Desist or they're going to never actually finish it, like what happens with all the worthwhile mods.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
hopefully they don't monetize and get shanked
Its not usually about the money, its about setting precedent. If companies don't C&D the little guys, when the big guys come along and make Fallout Mobile, a completely unauthorized game, the big guys can cite not striking down Fallout New Vegas remake.

DJShaddycat

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2020
Country
United States
Ah, and how long will this take? Another eternity?

I'm still waiting for Skyblivion...

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Will they also remake all the bugs from New Vegas? Wait no, don't tell me, it'll have an entirely new plethora of them.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Will they also remake all the bugs from New Vegas? Wait no, don't tell me, it'll have an entirely new plethora of them.

I mean, Fallout 4 still has bugs from Morrowind it, they may not even need to remake them.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Does the Fallout 4 engine look any better than the New Vegas one? Like i don't understand the point of the update here, unless they just want to further polish the game up and maybe add stuff to it.
Yeah, Fallout 4's creation engine does look better than Gamebryo.

Both are buggy as hell though, so it'll be fun to see if this ends up being buggier than Fallout 4 and New Vegas, or if it turns out that modders are more competent than Bethesda and Obsidian. It wouldn't the the first time modders completely embarrassed a game developer.

Reactions: Kae

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I mean, Fallout 4 still has bugs from Morrowind it, they may not even need to remake them.
Exactly this. I think a lot of bugs are just inherent to the engine, so upgrading it to Fallout 4s iteration is mostly meaningless.

It is a neat accomplishment though.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I think it's pretty cool and if it's accomplished I'll finally have a reason to get Fallout 4, New Vegas recharges my hatred for Capitalism after all, it seems to hate it almost as much as I do, and playing it in a new engine with new mechanics, could be interesting.

Reactions: Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
I'd be interested when it happens, but taking Skywind as an example (Morrowind imported into Skyrim) it'll be a years long process requiring many many people working on it for free out of passion. Expect I'll get to see Skywind before it. Not to say I wouldn't be enthusiastic for it, I just think it'll take ages and there's a high chance of it getting abandoned along the way. Also tbh, more excited for Skywind because feel Morrowind needs an upgrade more than New Vegas does actually. With NV I'm a bit more of the mind "Does this need it?" It'll be shiny enough I'll wanna look at it, but also New Vegas is fine enough for me to replay as is without any groaning over outdatedness.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I've never really found Bethesda games to be particularly buggy. Guess I just been lucky. Or maybe it's because I usually wait for the GotY edition and the first thing I do after installing is go to Nexus and download the community patches.
The problem I had with FO4 was having to wait half an hour for the thing to load every time I went through a door. Not sure if that'd happen if they recreated NV since it's not densely packed with tower blocks.
Still, I think NV produced some of my more memorable fallout moments and does look a bit creaky in the face department, might be fun to give it a go with a visual upgrade.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I will wait until the DLCs come out for Fallout NV/4 Modded. The DLCs were amazing.