Fallout: New Vegas Patch Coming "As Quickly As Possible"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Fallout: New Vegas Patch Coming "As Quickly As Possible"

Bethesda is working on patches for Fallout: New Vegas [http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-New-Vegas-Pc/dp/B002SU4QG4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1287595411&sr=8-3] on all platforms and says it'll have them out fast enough to make your head spin - or stop spinning, as the case may be.

By all reports, Fallout: New Vegas is a classic Bethesda [http://www.obsidianent.com/] games always have their share of issues and Obsidian is infamous for its inability to deliver a stable, bug-free experience.

The fact that Bethesda is hammering out a patch, then, should also be no surprise, but it's welcome news nonetheless. "We are currently working on releasing patches/updates as quickly as possible for Fallout: New Vegas, for all platforms," the company told Gamasutra [http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/31086/Fallout_New_Vegas_Patch_Plans_On_The_Way.php]. Specific fixes weren't revealed, but "announcements regarding the patches are forthcoming."

Technical issues featured prominently in Fallout 3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8229-Review-Fallout-New-Vegas], but I can't give it a full score on the basis of the bugs alone."

Fallout: New Vegas is available now for the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
OMG that is the scariest bug ever.

I knew it was going to be really buggy and that's why I'm waiting a while before buying it. Next month at very earliest.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Good to know that they are at least attentive to the problems.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Luckily it hasn't come out for us losers outside the US (Tomorrow and Friday for Australia and Europe respectively) so hopefully they will be nice and quick about it.

Mine may come a day early, and I am getting impatient for it (I have today and tomorrow off of work, not booked off, just my normal days).

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
I guess I'll wait for NV to hit the bargain bin and DL some fan patches finished by then.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Here's a fucking clue:

Fix it before it's released.

Why are we thanking them? People should be lighting torches and grabbing their pitchforks.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Woodsey said:
Here's a fucking clue:

Why are we thanking them? People should be lighting torches and grabbing their pitchforks.
If we did that to every game company then yes. I was surprised about how buggy Reach was to be honest, it's the first Halo to be that bad.

The sad thing is that a hell of a lot of games are like this nowadays, and they get away with it because people buy them on release day before finding it out.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
thenumberthirteen said:

I knew it was going to be really buggy and that's why I'm waiting a while before buying it. Next month at very earliest.
Same here, that's why I almost never buy any games lately that come out opening day. Hopefully the patch will come out and deal with the major game crashing bugs in time for Christmas for me. :D

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
How is it that people keep seeing issues in games that I simply never have? No game has ever crashed on me before. Atleast not the "Infamously bug riddled" ones... I think I'm lucky

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
Why is it that EVERY SINGLE TIME Obsidian makes a follow-up game they tend to be buggy and less original than the first?

KoToR 2
NWN 2
FO: NV

Whats next...?

Matt K

Sep 18, 2010
Not surprising, especially since many of the bugs have been well known to Bethesdasoft since Oblivion. I guess now that reviewers have decided to actually discuss the bugs in their reviews instead of just saying "10/10 awesome game" and poenlizing the score accordingly, BS decided they finally act.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I'll got the game today or tomorrow, I hope I don't find that bug before they fix it.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Legion said:
Woodsey said:
Here's a fucking clue:

If we did that to every game company then yes. I was surprised about how buggy Reach was to be honest, it's the first Halo to be that bad.

The sad thing is that a hell of a lot of games are like this nowadays, and they get away with it because people buy them on release day before finding it out.
I agree, although considering the track-record of these two companies we should be hitting them first (and hardest).

There's not even a chance that they've missed bugs during play-tests, they're just ignoring them.

Polaris19 said:
Why is it that EVERY SINGLE TIME Obsidian makes a follow-up game they tend to be buggy and less original than the first?

KoToR 2
NWN 2
FO: NV

Whats next...?
Alpha Protocol wasn't a follow up and they still fucked that up.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Maybe they will have it patched before I get my copy... Was supposed to be at my house on release day, and they are still processing it when I preordered it 3 months ago... fuck you Best Buy.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
thenumberthirteen said:
I know! It takes a perfectly mundane conversation and turns it into something out of Silent Hill. And the fact that the guy's just talking in such a normal and friendly fashion... that makes it WORSE!

I sincerely hope someone does this intentionally in a horror game, now that we've seen it.

Celtic_Kerr said:
How is it that people keep seeing issues in games that I simply never have? No game has ever crashed on me before. Atleast not the "Infamously bug riddled" ones... I think I'm lucky
It's fate. I know a guy who is a bug magnet. We've beta tested a few small projects together, and more than once he's got an absolutely insane error that he can consistently reproduce that we see maybe 1 in 100 times, if that. It's actually a great asset on small projects!