Fallout: New Vegas "Will Take Hundreds of Hours to Explore"

DarkSaber

Dec 22, 2007
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Looks like Bethesda is following the original story line of Vegas being rebuilt in the old Fallout games. (I think that happened in Fallout 2)
You mean "New Reno" NOT "New Vegas". God I hope they haven't just tried to follow the continuity and fell on their faces again.

JohnRLRF

Oct 25, 2009
Jaredin said:
Looking forward to looking through the dark and deadly ruins! It should certainly be fun!
Umm... What ruins? Did you see the screen shot?

Im wondering if they have public transportation, and real hookers this time.

WestMountain

Dec 8, 2009
Hope they make it less stiff then Fallout 3 if they're going to remove VATS, combat outside VATS in Fallout 3 felt so meh

DarkSaber

Dec 22, 2007
Khitten said:
You said the magic words. "Fallout: New Vegas is being developed by Obsidian Entertainment"
Anything not fucked up by Bethesda sounds like a improvement to me. I can not wait to see what a hopefully decent company can do with the franchise.
Obsidian have a reputation for improving their sequal projects (seriosuly, they get handed a LOT of sequals) in some ways, botching it in others, and on the whole making a sequal "OK but I'd rather play the original"

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
This feeling..what is it?.. by god!, is it anticipation? Been a while old friend, been a while.

I just hope they speak the truth of those nooks an crannies, i love searching about, finding odd things among th wasteland, there just wasn't enough of that in fallout 3

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
WANT.
This is going to be so excellent. I know where I'm spending my birthday money.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Aside from the disappointment of an amnesia based story line, I'm incredibly excited... Which will probably bite me in the ass, later.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
I can't wait for New Vegas.
My only hope, so far, is that they remove the "unmarked quests" to some degree. That was something I wasn't a huge fan of in Fallout 3 - You missed a lot of the content because the game never alerted you to it.
What'd be nice, I think, is to take BioWare's style and have Missions and Assignments. Your missions (or quests) are the ones that get you achievements and are generally longer (so, using Fallout 3 as an example, things like "Scientific Persuits" would be a mission whereas the unmarked quest in Rivet City to catch a certain person would be an "assignment").

Just an idea :)

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
"Hundreds of hours to explore"

Wow, it better be 100 hours of FUN exploration as opposed to 100 hours of wandering around doing nothing interesting in a brown, empty landscape... and 100 hours of -exploration- is a LOT.

Im pretty sure it will take around 10 hours to beat the game propper, 2-3 hours for speedrunners.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Looks good, very good indeed.

I am looking forward to this... provided they have tweaked the combat system so you dont just rely on VATS.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
This actually looks really sweet. I've never played any of the Fallout games but this one looks really interesting. I'll have to check it out.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Fan-fucking-tastic...
Like I didn't need something else to capture my life and soul away.
Well at least Fallout: New Vegas will be cheaper than a girl friend. :D