Fallout News Coming Tomorrow Morning

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Fallout News Coming Tomorrow Morning

Bethesda's Fallout site is now counting down to a new announcement that will be revealed tomorrow morning.

Come this time tomorrow, Bethesda may have announced a new Fallout game. That, at least, would seem to be the indication of a new countdown timer that's taken over Bethesda's official Fallout website. The countdown is set against the retro-styled "Please Stand By" screen from Fallout 3. If you check the site's page source, it also reveals code that includes the following statement. "PA system failure has occured. Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes. Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day."

The timer itself will run out tomorrow, Wednesday June 2nd, in the morning at 9AM EST.

While we'll obviously have to wait and see what the end of the countdown reveals, most signs would seem to point to Fallout 4. Most recently, for instance, the LinkedIn resume of freelance 3D artist Luis Nieves revealed that Guillermo del Toro's Mirada Studio <a href=http://gematsu.com/2015/05/guillermo-del-toro-studio-hired-fallout-4-cinematic-trailer-linkedin-resume>had been contracted to work on a "Fallout 4 cinematic trailer." Bethesda will also be hosting its <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/139792-Fallout-Doom-Dev-Bethesda-to-Host-First-E3-Presser>very first E3 press conference this year, which would pretty much be the perfect opportunity to unveil a wildly anticipated title such as a new <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/fallout>Fallout.

Source: Fallout

Ariseishirou

Aug 24, 2010
I've been wanting a new Fallout game really, really badly for the past year or so. Thanks for scratching that itch, Bethesda, so I don't have to do (yet another) FO3 replay. I think my boyfriend might leave me if I sink another 100 hours into the Wasteland hahah.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
Sweeeeeet.

XCOM and now this? In the last year, Witcher 3 and Rim World are the only games I've been genuinely impressed with, I hope these two follow suit.

I just hope Bethesda took more from Fallout for their Fallout game this time, rather than Elder Scrolls.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
The announcement is either going to make a lot of people super happy, or super upset.

Either way,

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Bethesda, please stay on the East Coast and leave the West Coast to Obsidian.

Unless this announcement also comes with the caveat that all the writing will be covered by Sawyer and Avellone. Then we'll be good.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
Am I the only one slightly disappointed Bethesda is doing another Fallout instead of Obsidian? Bethesda just doesn't know what makes Fallout Fallout, they'll just end up making Skyrim with guns (mark my words, it's going to be a much more mountainous area this time).

Not that Skyrim with guns won't be fun... but it just wont't live up to Fallout.

Steve Waltz

May 16, 2012
It better be real this time; I?ll cry otherwise. Anyway, I?m going to listen to The Beatles and pray for a while...

And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree,
There will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is still a chance that they will see,
There will be an answer, let it be.

Let it be, let it be,
Let it be, let it be,

Yea, there will be an answer,
Let it be.

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
I've been burnt to many times to let hype get to me.
*begins to shake and giggle from behind a Vault-boy plush*

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I didn't really like Fallout 3. I have New Vegas in my Steam library too and I am yet to play it. Blasphemy, I know. Convince me to play it if you want to, via PM. I'd be more excited by a new TES game. They'll probably announce that next year.

Mar 14, 2011
I have prepared myself mentally for Fallout Online, made by the same people who made ESO, using the same engine, with different art.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
God I hope they're releasing a remastered Fallout 1 or even better remastered Fallout 3!
Just don't even mention the number 4! Not that I don't want to play 4, I do!
But the tears, the butthurt! if they push Fallout 4 another year or two...

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Silentpony said:
God I hope they're releasing a remastered Fallout 1 or even better remastered Fallout 3!
Just don't even mention the number 4! Not that I don't want to play 4, I do!
But the tears, the butthurt! if they push Fallout 4 another year or two...
Fallout 4. Release date 4//04/4444

Get Hyped.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
Meh. I'm a big fan of Fallout but if they've made us wait all this damn time for "hey guys it's gonna be in Boston yaaay" I'm going to be rather disheartened. I mean, I'll still play it, but expectations are tempered.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Charcharo said:
Now the Fallout 4 trolls and young children under DOOM 4 trailers and news would stop...

OT:
Le hype is real.

Still... STALKER 2.
Jesus christ. I had to unfollow Bethesda Softworks (aka the publisher, not developer) on facebook, because every goddamn news update from them about anything would be riddled with angry comments about "Where is Fallout 4?" and "This isn't Fallout 4!". At this point I both want it to NOT be Fallout 4 and to actually be Fallout 4.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
If it is Fallout 4 hopefully they let Obsidian develop it. I personally found New Vegas to be a better game than Fallout 3.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
StewShearer said:
The timer itself will run out tomorrow, Wednesday June 2nd, in the morning at 9AM EST.
Um, all very well, except that tomorrow is Wednesday, June 3rd.