Fallout News Coming Tomorrow Morning

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
My god...it's full of nukes...

WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

*Straightens up, clearing throat*

Let the games begin.

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
Wait wait wait.... did anyone notice the shopping trolly physics (at 1:48) in that trailer actually being sensible?

I'm out... this isn't the Fallout I know and love.

haha.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Access Error

PA system failure has occured. Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes. Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day.

-

That's the message I got
Arnoxthe1 said:
I know I'm going to get soooo much flak for this but... I didn't like New Vegas at all and wanted another Elder Scrolls which I feel has tons more potential for improvement than Fallout.

Bring on the hate.
I lost interest around the time the main quest had me stop at a building full of Super Mutants. It just started feeling like that was pointless filler.

I think Fallout still has potential but not as much potential as Metro.

-

I'm really hoping Elder Scrolls 6 doesn't revisit Hammerfell or High Rock. Those were both featured in Elder Scrolls 2 & I really want to see Valenwood, Black Marsh, or Elsweyr in a single player game. Before they move onto Summerset Isle or Akavir.

EDIT!
So that ending to that trailer has me assuming that they dropped character creation. Which I'd consider an improve as choosing between being Human & nothing else was boring.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
My first thoughts:

-Interesting choice in music
-Damn! Those are not cinematic graphics, that's in engine.
-There's.... color...
-Holy shit! This looks like a house someone could actually live in.
-Holy fuck! We'll actually get to see people living before the bombs dropped?
-Looks like the Northeast
-There's flying things and... WAIT WE'RE FLYING!?!
-There are some weapons that I don't recognize on that pegboard.
-Looks like we're out of vault 111 this time.

Yeah... I think it's time for me to get an XBone...

the7ofswords said:
Halle-god-damn-lujah! It's for reals!!! Awesome trailer!

When can I freakin', PLAY it already?!?!?
Probably sooner than one thinks. That trailer looks like it's almost entirely in-engine, which means they're likely a lot farther along in the process than when they released the first trailer for FO3...

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014

Oh, I'm already using the below image as my desktop:

Some observations: 1."With the world poised on the brink of war, Vaultec is reporting a record number of-" I wonder what number of things is. People wanting access to the vaults?

2. I wonder how much time will be dedicated to the pre bombing segments. Is there a chance at something along the lines of flashbacks going on?

3. Wow did that all just look really colorful compared to previous installments.

EvolutionKills

Jul 20, 2008
The Gentleman said:
My first thoughts:

-Interesting choice in music
-Damn! Those are not cinematic graphics, that's in engine.
-There's.... color...
-Holy shit! This looks like a house someone could actually live in.
-Holy fuck! We'll actually get to see people living before the bombs dropped?
-Looks like the Northeast
-There's flying things and... WAIT WE'RE FLYING!?!
-There are some weapons that I don't recognize on that pegboard.
-Looks like we're out of vault 111 this time.

Yeah... I think it's time for me to get an XBone...

the7ofswords said:
Halle-god-damn-lujah! It's for reals!!! Awesome trailer!

When can I freakin', PLAY it already?!?!?
Probably sooner than one thinks. That trailer looks like it's almost entirely in-engine, which means they're likely a lot farther along in the process than when they released the first trailer for FO3...

Near as I can tell, those are landmarks (the Paul Revere statue) from Boston, Massachusetts.

Also, dropping the green or orange filer and the de-saturation is a huge improvement for the visuals of the game.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Fantastic. Only one downside to this that I can see, and that's how Boston has a subway system.

Which probably means ghouls. Lots and lots of ghouls.

I'll make Fallout 4 the first time I purchase a collector's edition, if they have one that is.

King_Julian

Jun 10, 2009
There is a god after all. I cannot wait. E3 hype just went through the roof because i want to know more!!!

the7ofswords

Apr 9, 2009
The Gentleman said:
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Also, if they're already accepting pre-orders, surely we're not more than about 3-6 months off, I would hope. Could we be looking at a Holiday release, maybe? ::fingers crossed::

Lotet

Aug 28, 2009
Skatologist said:

Some observations: 1."With the world poised on the brink of war, Vaultec is reporting a record number of-" I wonder what number of things is. People wanting access to the vaults?

2. I wonder how much time will be dedicated to the pre bombing segments. Is there a chance at something along the lines of flashbacks going on?

3. Wow did that all just look really colorful compared to previous installments.
Something I've observed is that Laser Rifle, on the left, leaning against the chair. Looks like it fell to pieces, what with missing the casing, and the body was jury rigged to be usable again. WHAT DOES IT MEAN???

bigger version
http://content.bethsoft.com/bsw_cms_asset/47158_2_0.jpg

Skatologist

Jan 25, 2014
Lotet said:
Something I've observed is that Laser Rifle, on the left, leaning against the chair. Looks like it fell to pieces, what with missing the casing, and the body was jury rigged to be usable again. WHAT DOES IT MEAN???

bigger version
I have no idea because I didn't notice, but now you got me thinking.

residentout1

May 21, 2013
Lotet said:
Skatologist said:

bigger version
I am more interested in the pip boy 3000 on the table but I does look like some type repair shop.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
residentout1 said:
Lotet said:
Skatologist said:

bigger version
I am more interested in the pip boy 3000 on the table but I does look like some type repair shop.
I'm thinking full customization and canniballization system. Kind of like how Armored Core worked with its mechs, perhaps we get specialized powersuits now.

Skatologist

Jan 25, 2014
Found an analysis for the trailer

Also that Kotaku piece with the leak might be true: http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956

The father/mother in the trailer might actually be the protagonist and not the child. Still hope there will be some level of customization. Guess we'll have to wait and see on the 14th.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
the7ofswords said:
The Gentleman said:
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Also, if they're already accepting pre-orders, surely we're not more than about 3-6 months off, I would hope. Could we be looking at a Holiday release, maybe? ::fingers crossed::
Let's not get crazy here... Remember how long DNF had preorders?