Fallout: Nuka Break Trailer Persuades You to Love It

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Fallout: Nuka Break Trailer Persuades You to Love It

The trailer for an upcoming fan film set in the Fallout universe is great, despite its lack of super mutants.

Wayside Creations' Fallout: Nuka Break, a Fallout: New Vegas [http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-Trilogy-3-Pack-Compilation-Pc/dp/B001V9PTVE/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1292695078&sr=1-4], looked interesting from a teaser trailer released in October, but the latest theatrical trailer is fantastic. It's just a tease of some possible future film greatness set in the apocalyptic world of Fallout.

Like any good fan film, Nuka Break includes accurate imagery and references to things one would see while playing the property it's based off of. The storyline apparently follows a Vault dweller, his ghoul companion, and a slave they free from New Vegas.

If you pay attention, you'll see that Nuka Break's Vault dweller tries to persuade a group of bounty hunters to not kill him, just like a player would in the Fallout games, and it even works a little bit. Of course, persuasion will only get you so far, so the film's characters get into their share of gun battles too. It even has Fallout's powerups, with the Vault dweller shown chugging a bottle of Nuka Cola. Or could that be Nuka Cola Quantum?

Nuka Break evidently uses some CGI for its environments, in addition to puppetry of sorts with the inclusion of Fallout's Eyebots. The trailer hints that the final version of the film will put viewers into a V.A.T.S. style targeting view, possibly followed by the explosive results of whatever weapon is being aimed at an unfortunate bandit.

Since Bethesda isn't following up on its trademark [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/91052-Bethesda-Trademarks-Fallout-TV-Movie] to create a Fallout movie or TV show yet, Nuka Break looks like an entertaining first taste of the property with real-life actors. Nuka Break's creators list it as "coming soon."

Source: Wayside Creations [http://www.youtube.com/user/WaysideCreations]

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Looks pretty cool, I like it! I enjoy the humor that seems to be pretty well acted in it too.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
The start reminds me of that Firefly episode where Mal recruits Jayne.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
cocoro67 said:
Well it seems too colorful for the Fallout universe but hey, Thats just me
I think the vibrant look is similar to New Vegas.

This does look pretty funny though and should make for a good hour or so. Hope the Escapist tells us when it officially comes out!

EnzoHonda

Mar 5, 2008
The whole thing needs a layer of dirt. It's too bright and the actors are too clean. Looks like it could be fun though.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
WOW! At first I was like "Oh please, a fan film?", but when I saw it I though it really had potential if they can nail the oddball humor of the first two games (which Bethsesa and Obsidian completely failed at).

Normally fan made movies have horrible or poorly delivered humor since it's so hard to write and actually pull off when you're suppost to be acting. I hope it works out for them.

Tiny116

The Cheerful Pessimist
May 6, 2009
cocoro67 said:
Well it seems too colorful for the Fallout universe but hey, Thats just me
It's set in New Vegas...New Vegas has tons of colour!

OT: That made me giggle, I'd enjoy watching the finished project XD

Les Awesome

Mar 29, 2010
that was great except their clothes were new and clean which doesn't make sense
anyone know when it'll be finished?

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
That made absolutely no sense.

I hope the finished product does, though. Good luck to them.

FFMattCR

Nov 15, 2009
Its Zack finfrock!

Ahh, although i must admit i havent been watching indy mogul since eric stopped presenting... its seems like theres too much promotion for Wayside Creations and not enough build stuff :/

Les Awesome

Mar 29, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
Les Awesome said:
that was great except their clothes were new and clean which doesn't make sense
anyone know when it'll be finished?
Fallout's world isn't all dust and gloom. Vault city is new, clean, and the inhabitants have clean suits. They could be from California, which is rather civilized.
fair enough but they were attacked by raiders which hang around
in the parts a good bit off from the cities so they must have been travelling for a while
I mean is a little dust too much to ask

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
And a realistic vault dweller as well! :D
None of those skinny, mal-nurished heros! To unrealistic! If you spent 20 years in a vault with little exercize you'd be huge too!