Fallout Shelter v1.4 Update to Add New Rooms, Crafting System

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Fallout Shelter v1.4 Update to Add New Rooms, Crafting System

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1290/1290349.pngVault simulator to receive expansive update soon.

Fallout Shelter, Bethesda's runaway mobile hit, is about to get a lot bigger. The v1.4 update, due to release this week, will introduce "junk" items and a new crafting system.

Junk can be collected by dwellers sent to explore the wasteland and will also be added as a fifth reward in "lunchbox" bundles players can earn in-game or purchase through microtransactions. The material can then be spent to create weapons or outfits in the two new crafting rooms coming with the update.

Dwellers will be more customizable with the addition of a barbershop room for the vault, which allows the player to change the look of any of their charges. The update will also add more weapons and outfits found in Fallout 4.

Even pets are getting expanded, with more styles of dog and cat pets available and new bonuses for having them. If you prefer your animal companions to be of the winged variety, you'll be happy to learn that parrots will be an option also.

[gallery=5871]

I finally managed to break free from the obsessive hold Fallout Shelter had on me at the start of the year, the rate of my progress slowed to a point where further effort didn't seem worthwhile. The possibility of being able to fill in the collectible gaps through crafting exerts some pull, though, and I fear I'm about to tumble back to the vault again. God help me.

Source: Bethesda [https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-shelter-update-1.4-crafting-barbershop-new-rooms-and-more/2015/02/29/85]

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I gotta hand it to Bethesda, I really thought they'd just abandon this after Fallout 4 released. But the opposite seems to be the case. And all that without aggressively pushing micro-transactions in our faces. Well played for a mobile game, well played indeed.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
I gotta hand it to Bethesda, I really thought they'd just abandon this after Fallout 4 released. But the opposite seems to be the case. And all that without aggressively pushing micro-transactions in our faces. Well played for a mobile game, well played indeed.
Well, there are still microtransactions, but Fallout Shelter is still fun to play without them. And addicting.

OT: I would also like this update to not lag the action when my Vault has a Mole Rat attack. Everything grinds to a halt, I can't send in more well-armed Dwellers or heal the ones under attack, and I lose, like , 10 of the little guys. Also, I want it to run without crashing my iPad after 15 minutes.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014

God damn it Bethesda.

You just won't let me go will you?

Why can't they be as horrible as other free to play game designers and put in all those nice little paywalls that wind me up enough to leave and reclaim my life?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I did play this game, for all of two weeks. Then Fallout 4 was released and I stopped. But what caught my attention was the inclusion of Junk items in the Lunchboxes. Real world money for literal (virtual) junk.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
I uninstalled it recently to make space. Lost interest basically after FO4 came out.

I was trying imagine a story as I went a long, which basically summed up to Nuka Cola fueled super soldiers vault. The game eventually just turned into sending people out to find loot and managing said loot.

Haven't tried survival and maybe with the new features, that's where the fun is at. But I cannot be arsed.

Just gonna wait for FO4 GOTY. I bought the game on launch, but I get the feeling the GOTY will be cheaper than the season's pass. And I don't plan on playing DLCs until it is all out.