Fallout Takes on Skyrim in Hilarious Fight to the Finish

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Fallout Takes on Skyrim in Hilarious Fight to the Finish

See who survives in Andrew McMurry's hilarious new video Fallout vs. Skyrim.

When it comes to open world RPGs, Fallout and Skyrim are some of the biggest names in the game. Have you ever wondered though what might happen if the two games crossed paths? Hoping to answer that question, YouTube filmmaker Andrew McMurray recently released a new video exploring the violent possibilities of a showdown between the protagonist of Fallout 3 and Skyrim's Dragonborn. The result is a hilarious battle filled to the brim with gaming-centric humor that's sure to bring a smile to your face.

The video, according to McMurry, is the latest in his new series "Game Wars.". Fallout vs. Skyrim is the second video in the series, following up on the first which focused on a conflict between <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgM3Bmfxsa8>Mario and Minecraft. Speaking to The Escapist, McMurry revealed that the creation of Fallout vs. Skyrim was a multi-month process involving two days of filming followed by another two months of effects work. The effects themselves were created with software such as Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D and TurbulenceFD. A breakdown of the special effects used in the video can <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYorN8gY9RA&src_vid=XBlhXKjSy6M&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_4051084251>be found here.

McMurry himself began making YouTube videos "as a little side project" about three-and-a-half years ago. Inspired by he work of other YouTubers, his initial hope was to use his technical expertise to bring gaming experiences to life using visual effects. When asked which characters he plans to pit against each other next, he couldn't give a definite answer. That said, he did say that "Gordon vs. Chell" might be a possibility.

Personally, after Fallout vs. Skyrim, I'll be pumped to watch whatever he releases. Maybe you reacted differently, but this video had me laughing my butt off pretty much from start to finish. The sequence where the two opponents devour food to boost their health is worth watching all on its own. Give it a gander, let us know what you think and check out more of McMurry's videos on <a href=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQqi--mpTFtGNim0WCtPH-A>his YouTube channel.

Source: <a href=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQqi--mpTFtGNim0WCtPH-A>AndrewMFilms

Steve Waltz

May 16, 2012
Seems like neither of them decided to put any skill points into speech.

The video was really cute, though. I really loved when Vault 101 used VATS. Quite a fun video. :)

Yozozo

In a galaxy far, far away...
Mar 28, 2009
Steve Waltz said:
Seems like neither of them decided to put any skill points into speech.

The video was really cute, though. I really loved when Vault 101 used VATS. Quite a fun video. :)
But he aimed for the *torso* at close range, what a n00b! He shoulda gone for headshots at only 80%. If you are gonna use vats on torso, only do it if you have a 100% chance of killing and you're going for triggering Grim Reaper's Sprint.

But seriously, quite a funny vid. I loved it when both of them started eating to regain hp.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Fun video, though if you're going to make one of these types of things, what would the comment section be without a neck-bearded loser to say "No way! That wouldn't be how it happened!"

So on that note...

"No way! That wouldn't be how it happened! All Dragonborn needs to do is drink an invisibility potion then go in for an instant stealth-kill!"

:p

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I was kind of hoping at one point 101 would inject himself with psycho or something and have two syringes sticking out of his upper arms. But the food thing was pretty good. For the first watch I felt like more ideas could have been done, like siccing a deathclaw on a summon, but I think it's great the way it is, and I hope he comes out with a bunch more. The effects are really well done, so I can justify the waiting...I just don't like it :)

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
That was a rather well done video. However I do have to make the obligatory change...

The Lone Wanderer would have donned some Power Armor, let a few mini-nukes off the chain and been done with it.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Okay, when they are both near death and fix their problem by instantly scarfing down huge amounts of food... that's very LOL!
Plus: gotta love the junk blaster!!!

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Calls for Ohdaviig, and Alduin appears.... Its like they didnt even do their research

In all seriousness though, great video, the effects really were top notch for a youtube production

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Yeah good stuff. I'm sure some Skyrim/Fallout fans are angry somewhere, but it was entertaining.

nekoali

Aug 25, 2009
My only complaint was.. when he Rockit Launchered the arrow back, it should have hit Dovakiin in the knee. :)

Apr 5, 2008
That video is brilliant. What a great find! I swear tho, the Dragonborn shouldn't had that. I'm not saying 101 doesn't have a clear technological advantage, which proved superior in the end, but Dragonborn has ethereal form, fus ro dah, whirlwind sprint and so much more.

Loved it, thanks for sharing.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
nekoali said:
My only complaint was.. when he Rockit Launchered the arrow back, it should have hit Dovakiin in the knee. :)
Do you wish to summon the evil that once plagued these lands once more? Silence, or we shall be drowning in memes from years gone by before sunrise.

Fun video though.

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
The_Blue_Rider said:
Calls for Ohdaviig, and Alduin appears.... Its like they didnt even do their research

In all seriousness though, great video, the effects really were top notch for a youtube production
That dragon looked brown to me, Alduin's black and grey. My criticisms; The Lone Wanderer used a Laser RCW, which isn't found in the Capitol Wasteland, and didn't use any stimpacks for health.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
I liked how they handled the weapon switching, and cola drinking for Fallout. It's like that' how it happens in game! Or should!

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
KingsGambit said:
That video is brilliant. What a great find! I swear tho, the Dragonborn shouldn't had that. I'm not saying 101 doesn't have a clear technological advantage, which proved superior in the end, but Dragonborn has ethereal form, fus ro dah, whirlwind sprint and so much more.

He did use Fus Ro Dah and Whirlwind (near the start he dodges past him with it). His cooldowns are a lot faster then mine ever though, he must have a non-glitched Talos blessing.

Dragonborn's magic skills were kind of disappointing though, he could've at least conjured the useless ghost dog.

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
Seth Carter said:
KingsGambit said:

He did use Fus Ro Dah and Whirlwind (near the start he dodges past him with it). His cooldowns are a lot faster then mine ever though, he must have a non-glitched Talos blessing.

Dragonborn's magic skills were kind of disappointing though, he could've at least conjured the useless ghost dog.
Based on the gear I'd say their levels were actually rather low, somewhere around ten or fifteen at most (in spite of the Dragonborn having the call shout), which is fair since the Dragonborn can reach level infinity. It also explains not using stimpacks, potions, power/dragon armour, etc.

Ambitiousmould

Why does it say I'm premium now?
Apr 22, 2012
I thought it'd be funnier if, at the start when he tries to fast travel, the "you cannot fast travel with enemies nearby" message appeared and he looks up to see Dovahkiin. Still, that was pretty good, especially the healing part.

Apr 5, 2008
Siege_TF said:
Seth Carter said:
KingsGambit said:

Based on the gear I'd say their levels were actually rather low, somewhere around ten or fifteen at most (in spite of the Dragonborn having the call shout), which is fair since the Dragonborn can reach level infinity. It also explains not using stimpacks, potions, power/dragon armour, etc.
I did spot those two shouts but with so many things at his disposal, the Dragonborn is much more robust and deadly than 101, even with future tech. Chinese Stealth Suit is a game changer, tho it didn't make an appearance.

Still, a thoroughly enjoyable vid, very well made and a lot of fun with plenty of cool nods to the games' lores. Now, Dragonborn Vs. Nerevarine...that's a fight I'd like to see :)

Other fun match-ups:
L4D2 Survivors Vs. L4D survivors/L4D2 Survivors Vs. Dead Island Survivors
Adam Jensenn Vs. JC Denton
Shepard Vs. Revan
XCOM (EW) Squad Vs. ME's Normandy Crew
Lilith Vs. Maya/Mordecai Vs. Zero/Brick Vs. Salvador/Roland Vs. Axton (that last one might be a bit boring thinking about it)
Geralt Vs. Hero of Ferelden
47 Vs. Sam Fisher
Prince of Persia (SoT) Vs. Batman (Arkham)

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
People were going on in the comments about "who would win" but honestly, dovahkin got shot in the chest with a rifle firing massive rounds.

Should have just ended the video there. Would have been funny as hell if people were expecting the remaining minutes of the video to be a fight.