Fallout: what draws you to it

kanester2k11

Jan 29, 2009
i must say i love the dark humour and the setting but i find theres something under the surface that hardly any games have its different, brilliant, eccentric and does the great job off putting you in a situation most people would run from but allows you to carve your own path killing or helping anyone you can

but what do you think

Pyre00

Mar 17, 2009
I think Oblivion was a much better game. It was alot more immersive and lasted longer for me.
I was really dissapointed when they said that the next Elder Scrolls aren't coming out anytime soon.

Xangi

Mar 4, 2009
I enjoy the moddability. I own it on PC and have the GECK so it is easy for me to create my own content. That and the violence. You can never have enough violence MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! KILL THEM ALL MOTHERF... Sorry, went a bit nuts there, but I'm alright now. *twitch*

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
The side missions have different endings, that actually brings me back trying to get a different work through. I know that's a simple design fact, but for me, it worked.

I got the PS3 version, to be honest, the game is just fun. After stopping playing Oblivion the game seemed overwhelming to go back to (don't ask, I can't explain it), Fallout 3 is big, but not quite so overwhelming.

itchytriggerfinger

Feb 26, 2009
What reall draws me into Fallout was V.A.T.S. And I'm talking Fallout and Fallout 2. Fallout 3's was awesome as well, but no groin shots? WTF Bethesda? Also, the Fatm Man really had me going. Dropping a mini-nuke into a parking lot served as the all time "HOLY CRAP!" factor.

itchytriggerfinger

Feb 26, 2009
Xangi said:
I enjoy the moddability. I own it on PC and have the GECK so it is easy for me to create my own content. That and the violence. You can never have enough violence MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! KILL THEM ALL MOTHERF... Sorry, went a bit nuts there, but I'm alright now. *twitch*
We've all had our "Megaton Massacre" moments (or as I call them, MMM's). You are among friends.

Xangi

Mar 4, 2009
itchytriggerfinger said:
Xangi said:
We've all had our "Megaton Massacre" moments (or as I call them, MMM's). You are among friends.
Haha, Marts Mutant Mod. I love having 20 ferals swarm me only to be reduced to little bloody pieces by my combat shotgun and quick reflexes.

JimmieDean

Jun 11, 2009
The black humor.. its like playing a Kurt Vonnegut book lol. I can't get enough (of course the newest fell a little short in that area in my opinion)

jsplat24

Jun 8, 2009
I enjoyed Fallout 1 and 2 because of the dynamic quests and mature content that didn't pull any punches. Fallout 3 was great for the mainstream, but not so much for me.

itchytriggerfinger

Feb 26, 2009
Also, I just recently (read, three days ago) downloaded the Pitt, Op: Anchorage, and Broken Steel. Not only do I now have access to new perks, story lines, and weapons, but I also have a renewed faith in the game. It really felt like they were all games of their own (except for O:A where the bodies de-rez), and I felt compelled to play more. The Pitt was especially amazing, having this sort of dead atmosphere that fit well with the story at hand. Really, if Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta are this good, this may be my favorite game of all time!

Piping Rock

Jun 14, 2009
For Fallout 3 I like that i can WTFPWN everything in sight the second I have a weapon in my hand... No really though, I hate fallout 3. On a related note. Playing a game based after the destruction of human civilization is pretty darn fun!

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Xangi said:
Really? I wasn't able to find any decent mods for the first two. Do you have a link for a decent site?

Fallout 1 & 2 I loved for the atmosphere of desperation and clinging to life as well as the dialog. The combat was more than decent as well, and overall, the entire game was just brimming with creativity and dark humor. Fallout 3 I didn't dislike, but I still think it doesn't hold a candle to the originals.

Dorian

Jan 16, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
Liberty Prime.
YES. Just a game where you merely get to watch him would be awesome!

Other than that, maybe its the realistic walking motions and the jump effects? When I figured that out I was all "Fucking awesome!"

Jamess

Jun 9, 2008
I haven't played Fallout yet, and I was wondering whether or not to give it a try. Some people tell me it's similar to Oblivion only with guns and some people tell me that those who say that are morons. Is it worth giving a go?