Fallout's Nuka Cola Quantum - Coming to a Target Near You

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
Now that's more like it. After that embarrassing attempt with the absurdly overpriced beer in the UK they've released something that could actually qualify as interesting merchandise. The bottle design seems rather generic; it would be nice if they used one that looked more retro like the actual bottles. As for the--
truckspond said:
And now for the worst news australian fallout fans will be hearing all decade [https://twitter.com/Targetaus/status/659989737009057792]
Well never fucking mind then.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
I might give it a try, though it seems very half assed

What I want to know is which idiot at Coca-Cola passed on this gold mine of an idea.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
UGH that doesn't even look like Nuka~Cola Quantum. you would think if they were going to do it they would at least do it right. Besides you can already make your own and make it better.

You can also make a LED throwie and tape it to the bottom to make it glow.
http://www.instructables.com/id/led-throwie-easy/
Just mix mountain dew, squirt and sprite with some red and blue food coloring and you have Quantum!

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
You keep saying that this is the option if the beer isn't our preference. But of course the beer is our preference, it just isn't available here.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
truckspond said:
And now for the worst news australian fallout fans will be hearing all decade [https://twitter.com/Targetaus/status/659989737009057792]
Why does their twitter feed have a bunch of models in nothing but bras on the front? I know it is supposed to be some kind of "girls have curves" campaign but people would be pissed if the girls were thin and sexy because of objectification. Seems a bit double-standardish or even insulting. Like, "We know this wouldn't usually be OK but they're fat and not sexy ergo it wouldn't be seen as objectifying..."

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I can guarantee that I'm going to buy at least a few of these. Some to actually drink, the rest to keep as collectibles.

LegendaryVKickr

Jul 20, 2012
My 15 percent Target discount I get working there, combined with all the coupons I get for selling their rewards card, means I'll be buying an obscene amount, which is exactly what I'll need since this game will take an obscenely long time for me to play through.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Objectable said:
Will it still be radioactive?
N...No. Honest. If your pee glows that's just food coloring...I swear...(THEY'RE HOLDING ME HOSTAGE!)

OT: The Nuka Cola plant was honestly one of the creepiest moments I ever had in Fallout 3. Just the way the company idly talked about how many Quantum taste testers where killed just freaked me the hell out. Till, this is a novel idea.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Corey Schaff said:
Lil devils x said:
Just mix mountain dew, squirt and sprite with some red and blue food coloring and you have Quantum!
No need for additional food coloring, just use Mountain Dew Voltage and Mountain Dew Code Red.
If you can stand the taste of that... XD

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
Woo, I can buy more tangentially related mass-produced crap to indicate my love of dem vidya gamez. Nothing more thrilling than a glass bottle and presumably a cheapass LED. Hours of fun. DLC is the worst thing imaginable, but a tie in sharing a name with something from a videogame? Oh sign me the fuck up.

Oh wait, I can't, because they're not selling it here.

And nothing of value was lost.

deathmothon

Nov 30, 2013
Kyrian007 said:
Yeah, Jones Berry Lemonade was basically already Quantum in Jones packaging. Just backlight it right and presto, Nuka Quantum.

Oh and for all who are wondering how it tastes... pretty damn good. Jones sodas are usually good (although not the one-off specials like turkey and gravy soda for Thanksgiving) and Berry Lemonade is the best of the bunch. Even though it's a total hipster dick-move to mix top shelf booze with soda... Berry Lemonade and Bombay Sapphire is as beautiful as it is tasty.
I haven't had Jones Soda in years but berry lemonade was the best. I had extra meal plan money to spend in college and I bought one everyday from the school store. That was before I turned 21. Never thought of using it as a mixer. I mean Jones Soda is kinda high end itself on the soda scale. I imagine it tastes damn good.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Loonyyy said:
Woo, I can buy more tangentially related mass-produced crap to indicate my love of dem vidya gamez. Nothing more thrilling than a glass bottle and presumably a cheapass LED. Hours of fun. DLC is the worst thing imaginable, but a tie in sharing a name with something from a videogame? Oh sign me the fuck up.

Oh wait, I can't, because they're not selling it here.

And nothing of value was lost.
I know right? if I wanted to vicariously pretend I'm in the Fallout universe I'll just buy some coke and stick my own labels on, at least the bottle will look acurite

which is something I'm totally NOT going to do

.....[sub/]I'll buy all the Fallout merch I can't heeeeelp iiiit[/sub]

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Corey Schaff said:
Lil devils x said:
No need for additional food coloring, just use Mountain Dew Voltage and Mountain Dew Code Red.
but then you would have to drink mountain Dew, and just like its name says, its EWWWW.