Family motto

JanatUrlich

Apr 24, 2009
My family apparantly has a coat of arms but I don't give a shit

I dunno, when all of my relatives get together (most of them live in Ireland) our motto seems to be "Get pissed as frequently as possible and enjoy"

Redlac

Dec 12, 2007
Probably don't have a coat of arms. No real motto either. But if my family were to have one it would be the sage words of my dear old Dad:

'If something's worth doing, it's worth doing properly'.

So yeah, if my family wanted your bases, they would definitely all belong to us. It's a good job most of my family are putting their efforts into creating a good home for their family huh?

Wayne Insane

May 14, 2009
We have both,but I don't know the Motto cos it's in Swedish and I don't know swedish and I don't have the CoA to post it.It's a hookshot or an anchor or something, my family were scandinavian Walehunters and clansman several centuries ago,but some ancesteor of mine lost the Family's land and Title while gambling drunkenly .Or at least that's what my Grandpa told me(about the drunk Gambling part,for the rest I have proove ;))

fudgebo

Jun 8, 2009
Mines transfixius sed non mortus which means wounded but not dead aparrently a late great walsh said that during an invasion of ireland in the 1100s.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Father's side:
http://www.4crests.com/coatofaremgr.html

Mother's side:
http://www.houseofnames.com/nameresults.asp?item=JPG-1001-300&sId=&surname=Cullen&origin=IR

Current family motto:
Deranged, psychotic , neque nec procul totus iunctus.
(Deranged, psychotic, and not at all united.)
(just felt like making it latin. Don't think it's entirely right though.)

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Yes, although I lack a crest picture and the original language I know what it means:
"Rule with fire and kill with the fang"

standokan

May 28, 2009
our family motto is 'for free is priceless' in dutch it is 'voor niks is lekker' i also like 'Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori' (latin) and that means 'It is noble and glorious to die for your fatherland'

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007

Wait, that can't be right...
If my family had a motto, it would probably be along the lines of that great old Jolly fellow Tony Campolo:
"American culture. You know if you ask almost any parent or would-be parent what they want their child to be in Japan, they will almost always say they want their child to be successful. Look where that got them. Ask almost any American, and they will say "We want our child to be
happy.
Sure as heck my parent's wouldn't say that. 'I don't want my child to be happy, I want him to be one who serves and loves God with all of his heart, and soul, and mind.' Great thing is I got to be happy in doing so too!"

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
"If you fart in the dark, no one will know it was you."

No seriously, we don't have one, so when I had a dream last year where my mum said those exact words to me, we decided it was so funny we'd just say that if anyone asks about heritage and stuff :p

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
We're all peasants apparently.

Actually, it's just to maintain the illusion that other people control this world.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
My family the Costello's motto is

"NE TE QUAESIVERIS"

Translated to english, this says: "Seek nothing beyond your sphere"