Fan Art Puts Disney Characters in a Zombie Apocalypse

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Fan Art Puts Disney Characters in a Zombie Apocalypse

See Ariel, Rapunzel, and other Disney princes and princesses reimagined as survivors of the zombie apocalypse.

Disney movies have a lot of similiar thematic elements: princesses, heroes, evil villains, catchy songs. One thing movies like The Little Mermaid and Frozen lack, however, is zombies. Thankfully, one talented Deviantart user has remedied this with an artistic interpretation of classic Disney characters, The Walking Dead-style.

The Walking Disney features characters like The Little Mermaid's Ariel and Eric, Pocahontas (complete with her own limbless undead fiend), and Brave's Merida, just to name a few. They're all courtesy of Deviantart artist Kasumi-Sensei [http://kasami-sensei.deviantart.com/gallery/48483058?coffset=10], without whom we might never know how these characters would react to the zombie apocalypse.

[gallery=2255]

It's hard to choose a favorite in this bunch, but I'm leaning towards Merida. Then again, Tiana and Pocahontas are also looking pretty badass; I'd want them all on my side when the undead rise.

Source: Kotaku [http://kasami-sensei.deviantart.com/gallery/48483058?coffset=10]

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009

I mean, this was on 9gag about a week ago (or at least it feels like it) and there are so many "Disney princess as something" it's silly.

Don't get the whole fascination with Disney to start with, let alone why everyone loves the princess so much.

Ok, I can get why girls like the princess 'cos the queen has too much responsibility and it's an expression to treat a girl like a princess but guys?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Well, those are unusual. I think the gallery's glitching out or something, it seems to be repeating. That Mulan one was rather good.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Hang on, who's the dark skinned chick with dreadlocks and a little head hanging from her belt?

She's the only one I can't identify.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Zhukov said:
Hang on, who's the dark skinned chick with dreadlocks and a little head hanging from her belt?

She's the only one I can't identify.
That's Tiana from The Princess and the Frog. The head is Prince Nadeen.

OT: Well, that's interesting, I guess? Well, it looks neat.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
Wait... why is Hades there? He's the god of the underworld, so wouldn't the zombies be under his control?

The Toy Story one made me laugh. Mulan and Merida would probably kick some serious ass, though.

The Deviantart page also shows Elsa and Anna from Frozen, which if that were the case the zombie apocalypse should be over in a matter of minutes, and then they can all rally up against Hades because he's clearly behind all of this.

Also, there's no Aladdin and Jasmine, which if they were also in a zombie apocalypse, Aladdin could simply wish everything back to normal, or if he's already used his three wishes prior, the Genie, like Elsa, could still end it easily.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
To be honest I'd rather see Walking Dead characters put in to Disney movies. The whole 'Disney princesses but...' thing is getting a bit overdone.

Sep 24, 2008
Let me check... yeah. Yeah, ok. It seems like I'm going to be that guy.

Why the hell is Mulan holding a Katana? Why not a Jian? Just... Just the one slam dunk...

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
What's Hades doing there with that flamethrower, pretending he isn't the one who caused the zombie apocalypse in the first place?

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
Yeah, always side with Mulan. Fireworks are an under-utilized form of zombie extermination. Just one colorful claymore, is that too much to ask?

Dream team: Belle and the Beast, and maybe Simba can eat everybody they don't take care of.

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
CriticalMiss said:
To be honest I'd rather see Walking Dead characters put in to Disney movies. The whole 'Disney princesses but...' thing is getting a bit overdone.
what are you talking about. it only comes up on the escapist every week. we could have so much more of it.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Don't get me wrong... I liked it... but why the hell does Mulan have a Japanese sword?

She's Chinese...

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Since the article missed the one from Frozen, I feel the need to post it.

On this one, I gotta say... interesting choice in "shirts".

As to the others... Mulan was my fav. The Toy Story one threw me for a while - I had to go to the Deviant Art page to figure out who that was. Once I did, I could see it though.

Edit: Also, I had to add... the pun with Cinderella (she's smoking... because cinders) made me face-palm.

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
Come on, escapist, we talked about this. Stop trying to be 9gag. that's like a bathhouse trying to imitate a sewer.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
But seriously, I fail to see how this is news. Does every bit of alternate fan art deserve an article now? Stop trying to be Kotaku, Escapist.

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
[Kira Must Die said:
]Wait... why is Hades there? He's the god of the underworld, so wouldn't the zombies be under his control?

The Toy Story one made me laugh. Mulan and Merida would probably kick some serious ass, though.

The Deviantart page also shows Elsa and Anna from Frozen, which if that were the case the zombie apocalypse should be over in a matter of minutes, and then they can all rally up against Hades because he's clearly behind all of this.

Also, there's no Aladdin and Jasmine, which if they were also in a zombie apocalypse, Aladdin could simply wish everything back to normal, or if he's already used his three wishes prior, the Genie, like Elsa, could still end it easily.
Probably because the souls haven't went to the under world, so Hades is upset that he hasn't got them yet and thus not are not under his control.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
I miss Susan Arendt. I don't remember this stuff during her time. And the Podcast has really been getting worse since she left.

I mean, at least under her, we got some actual video game content. The only saving grace of this website recently is Jim Sterling becoming reviews editor,but I feel the website is starting to lose touch with itself so it's grabbing everything left and right and making a mess of it all.

Shinkicker444

Dec 6, 2011
Mulan is about the only sensibly dressed one, the rest look like they invaded a hipsters clothing store during a riot. Also, Hades I recognise (God of the Underworld at a zombie apocalypse would be like... a bring your kid to work day, or something), but the girl with him? Is that Aphrodite (I can't remember Hercules). Because like, other then Elsa, I couldn't really think of two people that would have less concerns about a zombie apocalypse then they, lol. Elsa's pretty hawt though.