Fan Creates Charming TARDIS Map

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
You get a lot more in depth looks at the TARDIS interior and such in the old series, Castrovalva is one story that shows more rooms and hallways.

I'm surprised the new series hasn't done it yet.
Nevyrmoore said:
Straying Bullet said:
Fill me in guys:

What the hell is a TARDIS?
Stands for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space. It's a time machine and a spacecraft. They're pretty high-tech, unless you're the Doctor, then it's a piece of shit that doesn't even have a proper working chameleon circuit. Hence the reason it constantly looks like a 1950s-style London police box.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space, not Dimensions. I even had Peter Davison confirm that for me when I met him.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
MrGFunk said:
stopped watching Doctor Who 20 years ago, this could be a blueprint of Nakatomi plaza and I wouldn't know. I don't really understand where the renewed interest has come from I thought Who was dead.
Seems like you missed the reboot then. It's very hit and miss, so not that much has changed. The episode 'Blink' is very much worth a watch, if you've ever liked Dr Who. It's fantastic!

OT: Seems a bit random to me. Quite witty in places though.

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
As someone who owns Nearly every damn episode of doctor who, having spent a small fortune on the remastered dvds, and a few of the computer games, I'm quite put out by someone who I got the impression only started watching doctor who when Tennant arrived being called "the biggest doctor who fan"
I doubt I'm even the biggest fan here, but shoving it in peoples faces doesn't make you the biggest fan.

I still need to buy and read all the books and wikipedia articles before I can claim that...

(saving up for the last few james pertwee and patrick troughton dvds at the moment)

OT, the pictures aren't showing up for me... Red Xs :(

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
"Charming" is definitely the right word for this compilation. A better use of one's composition skills than yet another ad mockup.

Feb 13, 2008
MrGFunk said:
I don't really understand where the renewed interest has come from I thought Who was dead.
He was. He regenerated. ;)

But as the heat's gone now, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE! Team Fortress map NAO! :)

Flying Dagger said:
I doubt I'm even the biggest fan here,
Probably not ;)

dududf said:
Also inb4 the forums biggest doctor who fan :D [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/TimeLord]
2nd biggest ;)

shedra

Sep 15, 2009
Isn't mapping the TARDIS pointless as things move around every time the thing regenerates with the doctor?

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
MrGFunk said:
stopped watching Doctor Who 20 years ago, this could be a blueprint of Nakatomi plaza and I wouldn't know. I don't really understand where the renewed interest has come from I thought Who was dead.
In which case you are rather unobservant.

20 years ago would be... the last year of the eighties?

in which case, yea, it was dead for about 6 years, then there was a TV-only movie which sucked for being american or something (haven't seen it) and then it was dead for 9 years, until 2005 in which christopher eccleston did 13 or so really good episodes as the doctor then david tennant took over 'til about a couple months ago when matt smith took over.

and it NEVER stopped being popular. not once. (well okay people didn't like colin bakers run as the docotr but eh whatever)

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
z(ombie)fan said:
MrGFunk said:

in which case, yea, it was dead for about 6 years, then there was a TV-only movie which sucked for being american or something (haven't seen it) and then it was dead for 9 years, until 2005 in which christopher eccleston did 13 or so really good episodes as the doctor then david tennant took over 'til about a couple months ago when matt smith took over.

and it NEVER stopped being popular. not once. (well okay people didn't like colin bakers run as the docotr but eh whatever)
I stopped with Sylvester McCoy. Don't think I'm missing much.

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
MrGFunk said:
z(ombie)fan said:
MrGFunk said:

I stopped with Sylvester McCoy. Don't think I'm missing much.

Oh but you are! especially if you like horror, as thats more or less the new direction.

*remembers "blink" again and shudders*

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
Heh just had a look through the images and they all have the floor number labelled one is floor 809 and then on the page afterwards its floor tuesday. I like it!

Phantomess

Sep 19, 2009
Nevyrmoore said:
Straying Bullet said:
Fill me in guys:

What the hell is a TARDIS?
Stands for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space. It's a time machine and a spacecraft. They're pretty high-tech, unless you're the Doctor, then it's a piece of shit that doesn't even have a proper working chameleon circuit. Hence the reason it constantly looks like a 1950s-style London police box.
He's [the Doctor] said before that he could fix it, but that he likes the look of the police box. Also, the production guys at the BBC found out early on that it was just easier to make it a big blue box.

That said, I had a look at all the maps. It really is rather charming. I think, given that the TARDIS did not actually change all that much from Eccleston->Tennant, that this is fairly recently mapping, perhaps even Matt Smith's TARDIS.

Anyone else think that the new main console is a rather nice upgrade?

freakyalex

Nov 20, 2009
Flying Dagger said:
As someone who owns Nearly every damn episode of doctor who, having spent a small fortune on the remastered dvds, and a few of the computer games, I'm quite put out by someone who I got the impression only started watching doctor who when Tennant arrived being called "the biggest doctor who fan"
I doubt I'm even the biggest fan here, but shoving it in peoples faces doesn't make you the biggest fan.

I still need to buy and read all the books and wikipedia articles before I can claim that...

(saving up for the last few james pertwee and patrick troughton dvds at the moment)

OT, the pictures aren't showing up for me... Red Xs :(
You CLAIM to be a fan of Doctor Who.....

and yet you named Jon Pertwee 'James Pertwee' by mistake! Blasphemer!

*Loads rifle*

Technocrat

Nov 19, 2008
MrGFunk said:
Welcome to five years ago, where a BRAND NEW series of Doctor Who has just started, to critical and popular acclaim!