Fan Creates Edgey McEdgerson's Hedge Edger from ENN Joke

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
This made my afternoon! I shall play it when i am not using my friend's wii to surf the escapist.

capacollo

Nov 17, 2009
The game is pretty fun to play ... Seems like the perfect thing that should occupy the "Alt-Escape" Page ... Whatever happened to that, last update was in May?

Angnor

Nov 11, 2010
I love it.
And not the first gmae based on LRR humor...
http://www.clickquest.net/

Feb 13, 2008
Greg Tito said:
I'm not sure what Graham Stark thinks about the game, or the fact that someone took a quick joke of his and turned it into a reality. I, for one, think it's hilarious and give kudos to [user]NirTivAal[/user] for pulling it off.
Graham_LRR

Somebody actually MADE Edgey McEdgerson's Hedge Edger. http://tinyurl.com/373y4ds Awesome. (Thanks @ZeRootofAllEvil for the tip!)
;)

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
That reminds me of my idea of realising Captain Bland's Monotonous Adventure (although it would be intentionally not monotonous ;)). Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to make a game, so I am happy to see at least someone who made a joke concept into a reality.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
That's great. It's both hilarious that someone actually made a game based on that joke, and it's a decent game. It's like that Robot Unicorn thing, but the music doesn't make me wish I was deaf.

Pinstar

Jul 22, 2009
If I were Graham, I'd be flattered. Its like homestarrunner.com having a SBemail making up a bunch of fake 80's hair metal bands and finding months later that two bands have formed under those names.

NirTivAal

Apr 23, 2009
I can't believe the recognition my game has gotten, and that so many of the comments are positive.

A few people have said that I should have added more stuff. I talked about that a bit in my thread about the game [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.250484-Edgey-McEdgersons-Hedge-Edger]. I felt like it was getting to the point where if I didn't simplify it I would never finish.

To get the good ending your height needs to be over 2500 at the end of the game. You can track your stats by clicking those words beside the mute button. I added an easy mode, so that should help. If you still can't get it here's a tip:

You only gain and lose speed while running on a hedge. Once you are at a manageable speed you can do tiny hops across long hedges and you will get higher but you won't pick up much speed.

Thanks for the support, escapists!

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
Lady Kathleen said:
Can someone please make Super Egg Toucher now?
Can you link to the video that it's referenced? I'll see what I can come up with depending on the context and maybe something will come of it

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
After playing it for a while on hard I have this to say about the game:

ARGH MY EYES!!!! They tell me things are fast going to the left!!!!!

NirTivAal

Apr 23, 2009
Little Duck said:
ARGH MY EYES!!!! They tell me things are fast going to the left!!!!!
I know how you feel. I designed and tested the game on original; I probably played it 30-40 times a day.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
OMG I can't believe someone stole the idea of my favourite game of the 80s, Advanced Lawnmower Simulator.