FanFest 2012: The Future of EVE Online

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
FanFest 2012: The Future of EVE Online

Internet spaceships are serious business, no seriously.

Read Full Article

Tiamanti

Mar 15, 2011
It's good to see that Eve is doing well.
Tried it couple of times and like the idea and style.
If only it hadn't got a learning curve shape of a cliff. :(

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
Tiamanti said:
It's good to see that Eve is doing well.
Tried it couple of times and like the idea and style.
If only it hadn't got a learning curve shape of a cliff. :(
That was ultimately what drove me away. The endgame is fantastic and unprecedented, if you're skilled and dedicated enough....

Mind you, joining a corp that's going to be engaging in DUST 514 warfare from orbit is an interesting prospect.

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
if they have jon hallur make a new set of music for the game i think that alone would get me to sign back up for another three years or so.

seriously, you people who mute the game for better performance? you are completely missing the point of a game. EVE's music is like a genre all its own, and that genre is "techno cocaine".

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
So tempting to rejoin...

Especially since my SWTOR guild disbanded, I've had less desire to log into that game(the game is fine, mind you, but without the guild, I'd rather be playing a host of single player games I have in my backlog).

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Oh EVE, how wish you didn't just look like the sort of game I really want to play but actually played like it too...

*really-wanting-an-awesome-space-combat-game-sigh*

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
Been playing for over a year and still dealing with the learning curve but that's half the point. There is no point when you have all the power the game can give you like most MMOs, there is always more to train, new ships to fly, and new ways to get it all taken away from you.

Also good lord new missile effects and launchers? I forsee a plaque of Caldari the likes of which EVE has never seen before.

knight4light

Jun 24, 2011
i think caldari will have to be totaly redesigned.. i cannot picture where the world the missiles will be placed on ships like the raven witouth it looking...wrong. and the drake.. will need to have missiles on its underside as well. the scorpion will be ok... it has turret spots already lol.

also.. it is so predictable that the the "good" news about eve gets far less attention than the bad news. but thats news in general. everyone likes to read about hatred and badness.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Eve is not for everyone, but if get past the initial noobiness its awesome game. this is the one of two mmos that ever sucked me in.

Ozzell

Nov 29, 2011
I don't get why people think EVE is so hard to get in. I've played it for over 3 years now, and what I'm seeing is CCP making stuff more and more casual. I just hope they won't make it too simple. EVE is all about complexity.

TechTim

Apr 15, 2011
been meaning to get into game now w/ dust 514 integration i gotta get it! co-workers (3 of whom are ex-marines) already talking about picking up dust 514 thinking i might have to get used to space combat as i'm nowhere as good as they are when it comes to fps