Fans Piece Together the Halo 4 Box Art

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Fans Piece Together the Halo 4 Box Art

Like a jigsaw puzzle, but with super soldiers.

It's always fun to get a first glimpse at the box art for a highly anticipated upcoming game. It's a sneak peek all on its own, and a taste of just how the publisher is intending to market this game to the masses. But while anybody can just send out a press release with various image files attached, Microsoft and 343 Industries did something cool with that Halo 4 box art: They made their fans put it together.

By that I don't mean that they made their fans design the box art, of course - that would just be asking for trouble. Halo fans were sent one of 32 image fragments that each made up a portion of the box art, and collaborated with other fans on sites like work it out they did [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474040&page=12].

Frankly, I think this box art is fantastic. It's Master Chief as we know him, suited up and in an "ass-kicking is thoroughly imminent" pose. On the other hand, he's in a pose reminiscent of the Halo: Reach Armor Lock ability, suggesting that perhaps somebody has just failed to kick his ass, and a reciprocal kicking thereof will shortly be on its way.

Also, there's some big, blue... thing in the sky that looks like it's tearing everything around it to shreds and drawing it in. Maybe that's what Master Chief is about to fight. Does it even have an ass to kick? I don't actually know, but I'm sure somebody in the comments will answer that question for me.

A cool little mini-ARG with fans reveals a snazzy-looking piece of box art. This was a win all around, I'll say.

Source: NeoGAF [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=37869936#post37869936]

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
If this artbox is the real deal, then I have to say that this is the best artbox for a Halo game ever.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Good move, new studio, good move.

Still not excited for the new game, but there you go.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
For those who want a refresher:

ODST's still my favourite, both game and box art.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
wow, this looks really nice.
i mean i don't own an xbox and think halo peaked at... well halo i am not looking forward to the game but this looks really nice it doesn't feature obnoxious amounts of blue and orange.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Really good box art, looks more interesting than most games, easily the best of the Halo's

teebeeohh said:
it doesn't feature obnoxious amounts of blue and orange.
Really?

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Cool boxart, and interesting way to release it. Good job, whoever's in charge of that.
Still not particularly excited about the game though.
Haven't bought any of the previous games either.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
TheBobmus said:
Good move, new studio, good move.

Still not excited for the new game, but there you go.
Well, he pretty much said everything for me. I'll enjoy the games people come up with in Forge, and I can't wait to see what Rooster Teeth will do with the new engine and tools, but that's about as far as my interest goes.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
teebeeohh said:
wow, this looks really nice.
i mean i don't own an xbox and think halo peaked at... well halo i am not looking forward to the game but this looks really nice it doesn't feature obnoxious amounts of blue and orange.
Personally Halo peaked the second the flood appeared.

Up until that second it is one of my favorite FPS' ever.

Again speaking personally, I know half the planet loves the series, no criticism for anyone who does.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Halo's always had epic box art. Now I pray that 343i will have a game equally so to meet the bar Bungie's set for over a decade.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I can easily imagine to those who put the pieces together were humming to this.
And yes I play too much of Professor Layton games.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
WHAT DID YOU DO TO WHEATLEY?!

OT: Nice box art, probably still not buying it though.