Fantasy Flight Games is Making an Official Fallout Board Game

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Fantasy Flight Games is Making an Official Fallout Board Game

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1421/1421682.jpgBethesda and Fantasy Flight Games are teaming up to create an official Fallout board game that will release alter this year.

If you're ever wanted to bring the Wasteland to your tabletop gaming world, you're going to get your chance later this year. Fantasy Flight Games has announced that it is creating an official Fallout board game that will release later this year.

Fantasy Flight's official description reads, "In Fallout, one to four players take on a role within an irradiated landscape inspired by those in Fallout 3, Fallout 4, and their downloadable content expansions. With just a few locations pinpointed on their map, the players choose whether to work together or individually to explore these mysterious regions that lay before them. Along the way, each player will face a wealth of choices, deciding whether to pursue experience or Caps, collect loot or loyal companions, and progress the main questline or veer off to the vaults. As the players move around the board, building their skills and filling their inventory, the area's warring factions will gain power, forcing the players to pledge loyalty or defy conformity, all in pursuit of gaining the most influence of anyone else in the wasteland."

You'll be able to play with up to four players, each playing as one of five different explorers. You could choose to play as a Super Mutant, a Ghoul, or even a member of the Brotherhood of Steel. Players will need to choose to work together to explore the Wasteland, or go it alone. There are factions to appease, quests to complete, and enemies to defeat.

There's no specific release date for the new board game outside of Q4 2017, but we do know that it will cost $59. You can find all the info in the official announcement over on the Fantasy Flight website [https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/8/fallout/].

[gallery=7587]

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Fuck.

I would buy this in a heartbeat if it was based on Black Isle's/Obsidian's Fallout instead of Bethesda's.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Isnt there already a tabeltop Fallout? *looks it up*

Huh...there isnt...

They should just make that. Hell, Fallout was originally designed essentially as a tabletop RPG using modified GURPS.

Mar 30, 2010
Saelune said:
Isnt there already a tabeltop Fallout?
Kinda. Fallout: Tactics shipped with a PDF rulebook for a game called Fallout: Warfare, but it was more a traditional tabletop wargame than a board game. The Nukapedia article for Warfare even has a link to the <a href=https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/6/6d/Fow.pdf/revision/latest?cb=20070811034044>full rulebook.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Grouchy Imp said:
Saelune said:
Isnt there already a tabeltop Fallout?
Kinda. Fallout: Tactics shipped with a PDF rulebook for a game called Fallout: Warfare, but it was more a traditional tabletop wargame than a board game. The Nukapedia article for Warfare even has a link to the <a href=https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/6/6d/Fow.pdf/revision/latest?cb=20070811034044>full rulebook.
Saelune said:

Huh...there isnt...

They should just make that. Hell, Fallout was originally designed essentially as a tabletop RPG using modified GURPS.
There is, just not an official one.

http://falloutpnp.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Kinda disappointed it isn't like their Star Wars system. Having a system like that but for Fallout would be fantastic.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Since this is an FF game an entire forest will have to die for each box, so it'd better be good.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Looking at the 'artwork' of some of those cards. Bleh. Models are nice, but Christ. Compare it to the upcoming artwork on the LCG Legend of the Five Rings coming out soon. Models are nice, don't get me wrong... but hardened chip counters with nicer card art would have been preferable.

Assuming this is going to have some deckbuilding aspects ala their phenomenal Arkham Horror, with similar systems of exploration and team work (or individual investigation), comparing it to said game of AH some of these components look down right sloppy.

Knowing Fantasy Flight, and the fact that people will be jumping on this expecting RPG elements, I'm guessing consecutive post-adventure deckbuilding options separated by classes, with modular game conditions that can be solo'd or up to 4 players ... I'm also guessing like everyone of their deckbuilding games is going to require 2-3 box sets to maximize all possibly options...

J.McMillen

Sep 11, 2008
Saelune said:

Huh...there isnt...

There is an official Fallout tabletop wargame coming out, miniatures and all.
http://www.modiphius.com/fallout.html

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Poetic Nova said:
Fuck.

I would buy this in a heartbeat if it was based on Black Isle's/Obsidian's Fallout instead of Bethesda's.
They may delve in to those with expansions, but I don't ind the setting. Was probably part of the deal with getting the license, they had to include Bethesda's last two games.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Poetic Nova said:
Fuck.

A clever mind may find a way to homebrew it.

OT: Well, I know what I'm spending my money on.

Yes, I do mean this game.

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
Fallout 3 and 4 only as inspiration... So only Bethesda version of Fallout
See me elsewhere i have no interest in Bethesda vision of Fallout