Far Cry 2 - Getting the Most Out of it

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Yo!

Completed Far Cry 2 for the PC twice now and looked for another action game to keep me occupied only to find there's nothing that's tickling my fancy, so I looked into playing through FC2 again.

I originally planned to for cheats for infinate ammo, god mode, etc only to find there's no such cheats! Every site talking about cheats for FC2 is apparently for FC1 instead, but people have got them mixed up.

Anyway, my question is, I've completed the game trying to do every mission I could find, and another completion of just going through the main missions as much as possible and I was wondering if anyone with the game can think of any other interesting and enjoyable ways of playing through it (unless someone does know of any cheats for it)?

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Yo! Explore basically. Rather than doing it mission by mission, treat it as a true sandbox and just have fun.

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
Ding! Achievement Unlocked(1000G)Patience 4 2 Play Throughs!

Okay, in all seriousness, I would probably say the map editor. I don't know much about it, but usually games with game editors of sorts greatly expand playability.

You might also want to poke around for any FC2 mods, if such a thing exists.

Good luck!

Dr.Sean

Apr 5, 2009
When you do the missions for the gunshop, instead of blowing up the truck, try driving it around, running people over. Eventually someone will blow it up for you.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
Mastering the mortar is VERY cool, so is making ambushes. (Like loading a car with IEDs and letting it run into an enemy outpost, blowing it up as you jump out)

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
I have gotten bored playing far cry 2 quarter way the second time playing it. It used to be one of my favorite games ever too.

I say, try some multiplayer, and if that doesn't work, the map editor is essentially littlebigplanet with guns, and you can always search for hidden diamonds, buy every gun, then assault an enemy camp with whatever weapons you want, maybe stealthily, maybe guns blazing.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
never tried level editor. I thought that was for multiplayer? Is it easy to use? Do you just screw around with the main map or something?

Yo! Explore basically. Rather than doing it mission by mission, treat it as a true sandbox and just have fun.
I've done F-ing around and exploring. The best way to complete the hardest mode is to not use any vehicles, or if you do use them, stay off the tracks to avoid attention.

Tried a bit of survivor too, where you go into the main town where the two factions are and tried to see how long I can last without dying or having to escape. That's pretty fun. would've been better to have been invincible. I could've gone Robocop on their arse!

I think I'll try the mortar and IEDs idea also. I've barely used the mortar. Should be a fun way of trying to do some levels.

Dr.Sean said:
When you do the missions for the gunshop, instead of blowing up the truck, try driving it around, running people over. Eventually someone will blow it up for you.
Never done that either. Sounds funny. Basically, you kill the person in the truck and then nick it? Sounds hard seeing that it races off as soon as you get close to it. But I'll try.

EDIT: I don't think I'd like Fallout 3. The fact that you can aim and shoot someone in the face and it'll count as a 'miss' if your accuracy or whatever level isn't high enough turns me off somewhat.

The_Deleted

Aug 28, 2008
Terramax said:
EDIT: I don't think I'd like Fallout 3. The fact that you can aim and shoot someone in the face and it'll count as a 'miss' if your accuracy or whatever level isn't high enough turns me off somewhat.
There is soooo much more to it than that. And I think you can turn that particular 'bugbear' off. Seriously, just give it a chance.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Terramax said:
That can only happen in VATS really, your free aiming is usually on target.

Honestly, for free roaming sandbox fun, you can't beat F3. It really does everything better than Farcry and sucks you right into its world and stories.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Terramax said:
Yo!

Completed Far Cry 2 for the PC twice now and looked for another action game to keep me occupied only to find there's nothing that's tickling my fancy, so I looked into playing through FC2 again.

I originally planned to for cheats for infinate ammo, god mode, etc only to find there's no such cheats! Every site talking about cheats for FC2 is apparently for FC1 instead, but people have got them mixed up.

Anyway, my question is, I've completed the game trying to do every mission I could find, and another completion of just going through the main missions as much as possible and I was wondering if anyone with the game can think of any other interesting and enjoyable ways of playing through it (unless someone does know of any cheats for it)?
Ad removed. -Mod

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
Just have some fun with large weapons, physics, the map editor and explosions. Go on a safari, play through the game a certian way, etcetera.

Also, Fallout 3 is nothing like Farcry 2. Well, there are some resemblences, but they're arbitrary. Fallout is much mroe open ended and free, while Far Cry is too linear for one to really enjoy it.

Shadow Tyrant

Jun 18, 2008
Try playing as a Pyro. Get the flamethrower, flare gun (or shotgun), and the knife. (Even though the Pyro has an axe but there's not much you can do about it)

Setting stuff on fire is always fun.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
headshotcatcher said:
Mastering the mortar is VERY cool, so is making ambushes. (Like loading a car with IEDs and letting it run into an enemy outpost, blowing it up as you jump out)
Never could figure the mortar out, it looks so awesome but I just ended up hitting trees and shit, then getting flanked by homicidal mercs whilst I was trying to work out how to use the range adjuster...
Terramax said:
Buy yourself the camo suit, the MP5 suppressed, the dart rifle and the silenced Makarov pistol, and only do missions at night :D

Become the ultimate stealthy bloke! Stealth is hard on FC2 but it is do-able, so it should keep you going for a while :p

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
the monopoly guy said:
Just have some fun with large weapons, physics, the map editor and explosions. Go on a safari, play through the game a certian way, etcetera.

Also, Fallout 3 is nothing like Farcry 2. Well, there are some resemblences, but they're arbitrary. Fallout is much mroe open ended and free, while Far Cry is too linear for one to really enjoy it.
Far Cry 2?! Linear?!

Its about as un-linear as a really un-linear thing. It basically just a sandbox with story tacked on as an afterthought, how is that linear?