Far Cry 3 looks like a mix of 1 and 2

northeast rower

Dec 14, 2010
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/06/e3-2011-far-cry-3-gameplay-demo

Looks interesting, so say the least. While I'm going to miss some of the aspects of #2 (gun convoys, multiple objective paths, emotional narrative, open world with multiple terrains) it looks like this one is taking the excellent character work from that and putting into a setting like the first with gameplay similar to the first. That said, it looks pretty damn good.

Thoughts?

Danny 6Speed

May 16, 2011
northeast rower said:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/06/e3-2011-far-cry-3-gameplay-demo

Looks interesting, so say the least. While I'm going to miss some of the aspects of #2 (gun convoys, multiple objective paths, emotional narrative, open world with multiple terrains) it looks like this one is taking the excellent character work from that and putting into a setting like the first with gameplay similar to the first. That said, it looks pretty damn good.

Thoughts?
i love you for telling me this.

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
Oooooh...I heard FC3 was going to be in an arctic environment. Still looks good. Like who its an average joe rather than an ex-soldier turned merc.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Looks cool, but what the hell is up with that points shit? (I'm doing rated Battlegrounds with my warcraft guild so I didn't have sound, so if there was mention for it, I didn't hear it)

Viewtiful Dan

Apr 19, 2010
"Have I told you what the definition of insanity is?"

I'll have to keep an eye on this game. It looks pretty good.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
The second one was beautiful, but a huge letdown for me, but this one looks interesting to say the least, that crazy dude made me laugh.

northeast rower

Dec 14, 2010
WaaghPowa said:
Looks cool, but what the hell is up with that points shit? (I'm doing rated Battlegrounds with my warcraft guild so I didn't have sound, so if there was mention for it, I didn't hear it)
It's money, so... maybe the arms dealer is back from #2?

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
Far Cry 2 remains my "biggest disappointment" game. So much potential made irritating by cuts and bad decisions. Brilliant setting, it looked fantastic, had fun enough game play and you could find yourself in some particularly fun and exciting situations as well as a couple of good set pieces. All this brought down by lazy and very vindictive AI, repetition, lack of choice or feeling of having any impact, stupid plot points, pointless gameplay lengtheners, (Malaria? really?) guns that disintegrate and a lackluster and unsatisfying ending that gave me the impression that everyone had just given up and gone home early. I didn't even mind the driving which was a big criticism of some others, I just didn't like how it was broken up constantly by everyone wanting to tear you a new arsehole for no reason.

Far Cry 3? Uhh... I don't feel like giving it another chance, I really don't. Still, I'll keep an eye on it.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Superior Mind said:
Far Cry 2 remains my "biggest disappointment" game. So much potential made irritating by cuts and bad decisions. Brilliant setting, it looked fantastic, had fun enough game play and you could find yourself in some particularly fun and exciting situations as well as a couple of good set pieces. All this brought down by lazy and very vindictive AI, repetition, lack of choice or feeling of having any impact, stupid plot points, pointless gameplay lengtheners, (Malaria? really?) guns that disintegrate and a lackluster and unsatisfying ending that gave me the impression that everyone had just given up and gone home early. I didn't even mind the driving which was a big criticism of some others, I just didn't like how it was broken up constantly by everyone wanting to tear you a new arsehole for no reason.

Far Cry 3? Uhh... I don't feel like giving it another chance, I really don't. Still, I'll keep an eye on it.
By the looks of this one, they're going back (kinda) to what made the first one so great. You're stranded on an island, and everyone wants to kill you. Hopefully this one wont have those instances of frustration where you wanted to throw your keyboard down the hall.

Personally, I think I could be excited for this.

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
Far Cry, the video game trilogy of three completely unrelated games :)

This looks very interesting. I loved the early part of Far Cry 1, although the sci-fi angle bogs down a lot of the later game. And I'm a sucker for games that let me stealth right up until the moment I break cover. If there's one thing I enjoy about recent games is that so many realize that stealth is not an either/or situation. Stealth lets you recon the enemy and choose how to attack, giving you a tactical advantage in the firefight.

It took me a long time to realize stealth doesn't have to suck and I've embraced it since then.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Wow, it looks like they took all those 'terrible voice acting' points from FC2 to heart and remedied it all with one crazy man's rant.

I just don't know what to make of this series though. There is no consistency or continuity in the story through the 3 games with the only visible similarities being between the 1st and 3rd game. I will be keeping my eye on this one though, hopefully it turns out pretty well.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
SalamanderJoe said:
Oooooh...I heard FC3 was going to be in an arctic environment. Still looks good. Like who its an average joe rather than an ex-soldier turned merc.
If that kind of familiarity with combat is your definition of an average joe: I'd rather not know how your day at the office looks like.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

That guy is fucking scary.
Yeh, which is good...right?

This looks awesome, looks like they are taking the best bits from both games and molding them into one.

I will be keeping an eye on this.

Also looks quite far in Development...Chrimbo Release?