Far Cry 4 Will Take You to the Himalayas in 2014

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
Far Cry 4 Will Take You to the Himalayas in 2014

Elephants and mountains and rocket launchers, oh my!

Ubisoft confirmed today that Far Cry 4 [http://www.farcrygame.com/] will release this year, and the fourth installment in the first person shooter franchise will take place in the Himalayas. Players will find themselves in Kyrat, a wild region of the Himalayas ruled by a despot. Far Cry 4 will be available in the US on November 18 and in the EMEA territories on November 20. The game will be available on current generation and previous generation consoles, releasing simultaneously on PlayStaion 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC.

"Following the success of Far Cry 3, we wanted to take the franchise to the next level and create a game that will surprise players and exceed fans' expectations," says Dan Hay, Executive Producer. "Given the unique setting, we feel Far Cry 4 will stand out as a top first-person shooter and we're eager to reveal more about the game in the coming months." Pre-orders for Far Cry 4 are now available, and include a free upgrade to the Limited Edition of the game. The Limited Edition includes Hurk's Redemption, three single-player missions starring Hurk from Far Cry 3's DLC. Hurk's signature weapon, "The Impaler" harpoon gun, is also included in the Limited Edition.

streamed live from E3 [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-20-far-cry-4-set-in-the-himalayas-has-ridable-elephants] on June 9 at 3 pm PST. Now, excuse me while I think of names for my elephant.

Source: Ubisoft [http://blog.ubi.com/far-cry-4-release-date-kyrat/]

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
In my opinion its too fucking soon, even the cover is really similar (logo/cover colors, the prisioner of the vilain, overall setting)

Basicly this will probably feel a lot like a DLC a la Blood Dragon (it will certainly have a lot more content and longevity but it wont be the jump from Far Cry 1 to 2 to then 3).

I would much rather have them wait a few more years and release a next gen exclusive taking more advantage of better tecnology and new ideas (in the way that Far Cry 3 picked up a lot of mechanics from other games)

EDIT: Also this

wolfehound22

Nov 18, 2013
I'm excited, loved the third. Hopefully it is just as good if not better. I do agree with josemlopes, it would have been nice to see them wait another year or so, and develope a true next gen game.

Bke

May 13, 2013
I get a very Marlon Brando feeling from that cover. Island of Doctor Moro kinda thing specifically. Dunno why.

josemlopes said:
In my opinion its too fucking soon, even the cover is really similar (logo/cover colors, the prisioner of the vilain, overall setting)
Ubisoft did well to itterate on the Assassins Creed series in quick succession while keeping the games relatively fresh. I don't think it'll be quite /that/ bad

nevarran

Apr 6, 2010
josemlopes said:
Is that the real cover, btw? Because I was thinking the same thing - the eccentric villain, the tortured native, the ancient ruins, the damn logo even... it looks like the same game.

Synthetica

Jul 10, 2013
He reminds me of the main villain of Skyfall (not to be confused with Titanfall) for some reason, not sure why.

nevarran

Apr 6, 2010
King Whurdler said:
Bleach blonde hair, a hot pink suit, and a grin that looks like he's checking me out? Yeah, I'm not speaking for anyone else here, and maybe I'm way off (it is just possible cover art after all), but I'm getting some rather troubling subtext there.

I'm not going to make any actual assumptions yet, but I bet he's the main villain, and he will try to hit on the player character at some point, or, at the very least, calls me 'cutie.'
:) The world is moving on, mate. Expect a male rape tape in the game ;)

Spiritmaster

Dec 4, 2012
So the villain is Patrick Stewart's evil twin (faaaaabulous) brother? Should be interesting enough I suppose.

Reynaert

Jan 30, 2011
Spiritmaster said:
So the villain is Patrick Stewart's evil twin (faaaaabulous) brother? Should be interesting enough I suppose.
It does look a bit like Patrick Stewart mixed with some Richard Gere, which is appropriate seeing the game is located in the Himalayas I guess.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
I still haven't finished the first game but I know I really enjoyed what I did play of it, this is on my watchlist.

nevarran said:
King Whurdler said:
Bleach blonde hair, a hot pink suit, and a grin that looks like he's checking me out? Yeah, I'm not speaking for anyone else here, and maybe I'm way off (it is just possible cover art after all), but I'm getting some rather troubling subtext there.

I'm not going to make any actual assumptions yet, but I bet he's the main villain, and he will try to hit on the player character at some point, or, at the very least, calls me 'cutie.'
:) The world is moving on, mate. Expect a male rape tape in the game ;)
Didn't that happen with one of the characters in FC3 (Not on tapes, admittedly)? I guess people don't remember so much because nobody really got up in arms about it.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
This looks like what Saints Row IV was to Saints Row 3. Sure it's not in the same place but the general feel of the reveal has made it seem that way.

nevarran

Apr 6, 2010
Ickorus said:
Didn't that happen with one of the characters in FC3 (Not on tapes, admittedly)? I guess people don't remember so much because nobody really got up in arms about it.
Yeah, I kind of remember now... there was some crazy bad character... hmmm... anyway, the next time it'll be more graphical :)

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
Absolutionis said:
Cover looks like a character that blends Vaas and Hoyt.
I just see a boy band Hoyt to be honest.

Also, this game is a year early for my liking, I'm unsure with how good this is going to be given how big Far Cry tend to be. They've all been 4 years spaced between each iteration so far but I can understand why the fourth one would be released faster given the success of the third but two years is not enough time surely. I'm just unsure they could have done much with the timespan they've had.

MinionJoe said:
Never finished FC3. Got tired of constantly clicking "No and Never Ask Again" when it asked if I wanted to link my XBox login to UPlay. That and that one dumbass forced-stealth section.
That stealth section was so heavily scripted, I managed to accidentally break the game by going the wrong way, I had to start the mission again and watch a walkthrough to see what I did wrong -- and yes, in a game all about using stealth to your advantage, I know exactly what mission you're talking about. That mission fucking suuuuuuuuucked.