Far Cry 5 Teaser Trailer Welcomes You to Hope, Montana

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Far Cry 5 Teaser Trailer Welcomes You to Hope, Montana

The first teaser for Far Cry 5 confirms that the game is set in Montana, which looks somewhat unfriendly.

After announcing Far Cry 5 last week [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170375-Ubisoft-Announces-Far-Cry-5-The-Crew-2-Teases-Assassins-Creed-Reveal], Ubisoft has rolled out a brief teaser trailer for the upcoming game today. It features the idyllic countryside of Hope, Montana, but it's disrupted in few places.

Yeah, that's a screaming man, a dead body in a river, and even a guy smashing someone's head into a church bell to the sounds of "Amazing Grace."

It's certainly not the welcome you'd expect from a small town, but we'll have to wait until Friday to see more, as Ubi has announced that it release a worldwide announcement trailer on May 26. Of course, you can bet we'll see even more of Far Cry 5 at E3 next month.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Far Cry set in the United States?

Ok, they've got my attention if only because I want to see where they're going with this.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
*slow clap* well played ubisoft.. you have finally made a far cry game thats caught my interest with the initial trailer.

at least the amount of guns laying around will be realistic for once

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
The more I see Rednecks as villains in games the more I think of US politics. Because under GW Bush the "offensive norm" was killing brown people. Now under Trump its killing Trump Supporters.
I guess that's a positive change.
-
Sarcasm
Expect the Alt Right to get mad if you play as a Canadian who had no real reason to cross the border.
/Sarcasm

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Jacked Assassin said:
The more I see Rednecks as villains in games the more I think of US politics. Because under GW Bush the "offensive norm" was killing brown people. Now under Trump its killing Trump Supporters.
-
Sarcasm
Expect the Alt Right to get mad if you play as a Canadian who had no real reason to cross the border.
/Sarcasm
Don't listen to this guy, this is all fake news.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Not so much of a "Far" Cry anymore this time, now is it?

Other than that, it's quite an interesting change.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
Jacked Assassin said:
-
Sarcasm
/Sarcasm
killing trump supporters in the game? why its killing a cult of bible thumping doomsday preppers.. completely unrelated haha

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Oh, so it's a game about killing religious fanatics in 'Murica? That ought to be interesting. And potentially controversial. God I hope it's controversial.

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
While I have no doubt this game will be as blatantly anti-American and/or anti-southern as you can get, there's part of me that nurses the hope the game's about an American liberating his state from Antifa by any means necessary. After all, unlike said fascist thugs, I prefer to take out any anger I may have on one and zeroes rather than innocent people.

Chefsbrian

Jun 25, 2012
Wow this got political fast.

Really, I'm just interested to see how they justify the usual Far Cry levels of wanton murder in the States. If we end up in a Far Cry set in some US civil unrest scenario, that'd be actually mildly interesting, controversial, and probably fairly fun to play...

I skipped Primal completely, but this has my attention back to the series.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Cannot help but wonder the possibility of this being a cheeky go at political satire with varying levels of subtlety on team far-cry's part. Either way, am keeping an eye on where they're​ intending to go with it.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010

First time I've been interested in a Far Cry game since 3, 4 was "mehh" primal was "oh heck no" this looks interesting

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
LysanderNemoinis said:
While I have no doubt this game will be as blatantly anti-American and/or anti-southern as you can get, there's part of me that nurses the hope the game's about an American liberating his state from Antifa by any means necessary. After all, unlike said fascist thugs, I prefer to take out any anger I may have on one and zeroes rather than innocent people.
Talks about how it's going to be anti south. Talks about how he hopes it's going to be about anti fascists (liberals?) so he can kill them. Because I guess the first isn't acceptable but the second is?

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
erttheking said:
LysanderNemoinis said:
Talks about how it's going to be anti south. Talks about how he hopes it's going to be about anti fascists (liberals?) so he can kill them. Because I guess the first isn't acceptable but the second is?
Both are acceptable because it's just media and unlike the social justice types, I don't freak out if someone disagrees with me or if there's a game that doesn't conform to my worldview. I personally find BioShock Infinite a generic shooter with a predictable, boring, P.C. story, but pointing that out isn't complaining. Neither is saying that the new Far Cry isn't going to be anything but the same anti-Christian/anti-southern crap we always see in media. I was just hoping that if we are going to get a game where the goal is to massacre fake people, it might be a bit interesting to for once have a little diversity in bad guys. And honestly, I thought the left is all about that.

BarkBarker

May 30, 2013
Shoot people , make decisions, get around in novel ways. AT this point the locales are what would do it for me, this does seem to have one that could be rather interesting.

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
The Rogue Wolf said:
But does it have towers? I mean, it just isn't a Far Cry game unless it's got towers you have to find and climb! Does Montana even have a lot of towers?
Was thinking along the same lines. This seems interesting, though if it is like 3 and 4 again game play wise, hello $20 in two years after release yet again.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
If this is real, then potentially this and the new WWII Call of Duty will be very cathartic.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I don't know...that's kind of the welcome I would expect from some of these small towns nowadays. Angry people claiming God is on their side and having access to a lot of guns? Seems about right.