Far Cry 6 news

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Hopefully 6 eases up on the forced "Oh no! I've been captured and had all of my weapons taken from me!" segments. I hated every single one of those across 3, 4 and 5.

I am happy to see that knife takedowns are apparently back. The ones in 5 were way too tame.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I am fairly confident that I'll enjoy FC6 just as much as the previous FC games. But then I am one of those deviants that find the UbiGame to be great relaxation games.
Do whatever makes you feel happy. I ain't gonna stop you nor judge you.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Some good news guys, it ain't political. :p
"Sure, we'll make countless games based on the work of a military fetishist, all but advocate for private gun ownership in the intro to one of them, and even hijack a popular black-rights symbol to use as a herald for a terrorist organization... but we're not making any political statements, guys, honest!"

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Some good news guys, it ain't political. :p
History repeats itself. I just posted these one page ago.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Good game, great actors, hopefully, not a live service game.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

And now it is political.

Sure, whatever.
Must be the same thing -

Idk why they can’t just own up to whatever they’re trying to do and tell everyone to piss off and play something else if they don’t like it. I know I will (be playing something else). But I still also won’t be wasting energy caring about their motives.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Idk why they can’t just own up to whatever they’re trying to do...
It's simple: They want to use political situations to make their games "interesting", but they also don't want to drive off potential sales if they start actually taking a stand on anything at all.

...and tell everyone to piss off and play something else if they don’t like it.
This happened with Battlefield V and the fanbase had a conniption fit. Everything that subsequently went wrong with the game brought jeers of "get woke, go broke".

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Must be the same thing -

Idk why they can’t just own up to whatever they’re trying to do and tell everyone to piss off and play something else if they don’t like it. I know I will (be playing something else). But I still also won’t be wasting energy caring about their motives.
Because they're spineless cowards that want to have it both ways. This is part, but not the main reason, why I don't support any of their games any more. They don't even try. When beat'em ups a more honest and open about their politics, then you know you've fucked up and are a waste of space.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I usually object when people say "Ugh, all [FRANCHISE] games are the same!", but damn, I really feel it with Far Cry.

I find it really tough to get excited for a game, when I feel like I have already played the exact same thing back in 2012.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

And now it is political.

Sure, whatever.
It's simple: They want to use political situations to make their games "interesting", but they also don't want to drive off potential sales if they start actually taking a stand on anything at all.

This happened with Battlefield V and the fanbase had a conniption fit. Everything that subsequently went wrong with the game brought jeers of "get woke, go broke".

Because they're spineless cowards that want to have it both ways. This is part, but not the main reason, why I don't support any of their games any more. They don't even try. When beat'em ups a more honest and open about their politics, then you know you've fucked up and are a waste of space.
It seems like Ubisoft have essentially designated themselves as the industry’s pot stirrers, and then whenever things get heated want to ultimately pull the wild card of, “Hey, don’t kill the messenger.”

Reactions: BrawlMan

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I dropped Far Cry 3 when the only interesting character in it died, and haven't bothered with the franchise since. This one will have to do a lot to bring me back.
While it wasn't Farcry 3, I certainly know the feeling of dropping a game because the most interesting part of it got killed off (Mine was Haunting Ground's Daniella). Was self-conscious about it because it seemed like an odd reason to drop a game.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
I liked FC5 a lot. The combat was great, the open world was a joy to explore and the side missions were tons of fun(espescially the stunt races and propellor plane missions). It also didn't suffer from the typical open world Ubi bloat and it is one of their few games I actually finished. The story gave me the impression of a juvenile and absurdist take on the branch davidians and was mildly entertaining in it's own way. If FC6 continues the legacy of it's predecessor then I'm looking forward to it.

What was up with FC5 never having any rain though?

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
There's definitely a memo been passed around upper management saying "DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ADMIT TO ANY POLITICAL STANCE IF APPROACHED BY MEDIA. DO NOT EVEN PLAY CENTRIST. AS FAR AS YOU ARE AWARE, POLITICS DOES NOT EXIST!"
I will bet my meaningless life on it. Once the, uhh, life insurance forms have gone through anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
History repeats itself. I just posted these one page ago.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/our-story-is-political-far-cry-6-narrative-director-says/

Now they say this.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Probably because the game doesn't take place in the US? So they are more comfortable being political when it's a game about some tropical banana republic style setting. Is it an actual country? I don't even know. I just assumed it was MexiCubaragua, the fictional, non-denominational hispanic country in fiction. It does seem like their games that take place in actual, REAL places, they are more prone to pull the "not political" card to get out of criticism.

Or maybe they aren't worried about pissing off a country of brown people because they don't give a shit about them. *shrugs* Who knows.

Reactions: BrawlMan