Far Cry: Primal's Stone Age Includes Sabretooth Tigers And Woolly Mammoths

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
how are they going to create a charismatic psychopath with everyone saying 'unga-bunga"? Is that racist?

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
This looks great but I'm just sad that we never got anything as wonderfully tongue in cheek as the advertising material for Blood Dragon:

Jan 12, 2012
Xsjadoblayde said:
But...now, how am i supposed to scope out an enemy base with my custom painted overpowered sniper rifle called Cecilia?
Bow and arrow, bow painted with berry juices and arrow covered in poison frog goo. The name will have to be Ug, though; they don't have the letters to spare for 'Cecilia'.

Mar 26, 2008
I am really impressed at Ubisoft taking the series to a unique setting. Unfortunately due to that setting it's going to make it necessary to kill a lot of animals, which was totally optional in the other Far Cry's, so I'm not cool with that. Kudos to the work they've done though.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Charcharo said:
I completed FC3 twice... yet still can not bring myself to complete Blood Dragon.
You must be possessed by the devil then. It's the only logical explanation because that game is not pure awesome. It's awesome on 10 different illegal drugs.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Wow, I was not expecting this, but I'm on board already.

As someone mentioned, it'll obviously put a big limit on the number of weapons available, but I'm hoping they can really use the opportunity to expand the "jungle warfare" ideas that they've explored a little bit in some previous Far Cry games but never really completely developed.

Things like setting up traps and snares, utilizing poisons made out of local fauna (and maybe poison dart frogs) to tip your spears or arrows, utilizing camouflage, etc. It'd be like the ending parts of "Apocalypto" when he's picking off the bad guys one by one using what he has available in the jungle. In other words: awesome.

Blacklight28

Nov 27, 2013
This is something to keep an eye on, but I'm not sold yet. I hope they actually try to expand on the previous games (actually, their entire open world formula) instead of just remaking Far Cry 3 again.

And hopefully it wont be a buggy mess on PC.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I look forward to climbing Elder Trees in order to reveal the map, an annoying busywork crafting system, painfully simplified combat, a lackluster storyline and a bloated mess of social media features around the edges.

Okay, now I'm trying to hard to be cynical and pessimistic.

Seriously, I like the idea but I wish it was being made by someone other than Ubisoft. They're just going to make another iteration of The Ubisoft AAA Game with a caveman theme.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Sounds very nice and different and doable but I don't know how they're going to do the gameplay. Specifically, I'm wondering how they're going to keep the combat nice and varied when all one has in those times are sticks, stones, and fire.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
songnar said:
Weapon selection: Fist. Rock. Spear. Stone hatchet. Atlatl.
Atlatl is OP. You get it too early and it kills mammoths too easily. It takes all the challenge out of the game.

I cannot express the childlike joy I took in crafting that sentence.

Ftaghn To You Too

Nov 25, 2009
So what's the progression going to be with weapons? Progressively sharper rocks and longer sticks? Is the endgame super weapon going to be a copper proto-sword?

Whatever it is, this is the first Far Cry game I've been interested in in a very long time. Good on them for trying new things.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Elfgore said:
Wow, just wow. They took a series that started as mercenaries fighting in third world countries, to white boys going native, and are now going to cavemen. This series makes no fucking sense at all.

But this sounds awesome and I'm actually curious as to how they're going to make this work. Just using bows, spears, and axes may get boring kinda quickly.
What, did you not play the first one? It involved an ex-navy seal fighting mutants in the south pacific(and in some version, getting turned into a super-powered mutant himself). The series has actually gotten closer to reality in some ways since then.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
A FarCry game without guns? Well, that's certainly an interesting step. Better than just being the fourth version of FarCry 3 like I feared.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
teh_Canape said:
so... Turok HD?
fuck yeah, I could always go for that
wonder how will they handle the weaponry though, having the same 4 weapons will probably get pretty stale
To be fair though, you have 4 basic weapons in the other games too. Sure the specific designs might vary, but in the end you have:
Pistol
Machine Gun
Shotgun
Sniper Rifle
And Bow, though I never used that thing in the Farcry games, I preferred the sniper rifle with silencer.

Everything else about them is just flavor text. So having 4 basic weapons is fine with me. Once I found the different weapons that fit my style the best, I never deviated from using them.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Happyninja42 said:
Everything else about them is just flavor text. So having 4 basic weapons is fine with me. Once I found the different weapons that fit my style the best, I never deviated from using them.
Sometimes less is more. One of the reasons Blood Dragon was so much fun was the fact that you only had a handful of weapons that handled very differently and you focused on upgrading those weapons instead of unlocking new ones that just look different but play the same.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
But...now, how am i supposed to scope out an enemy base with my custom painted overpowered sniper rifle called Cecilia?
Bow and arrow, bow painted with berry juices and arrow covered in poison frog goo. The name will have to be Ug, though; they don't have the letters to spare for 'Cecilia'.
Ugilia? Ooh, err...that may not be so well recieved by the anthropomorhic weapon. It has self-esteem difficulties.
I got some ideas for B.C. replacement offensives, some more region specific than others. But if this island is hypothetical, then it doesn't matter, surely?

For instance; being chased by angry neighbouring tribe for fornicating with the chief's daughter? No problem! Just drop a bag of hedgehogs to act as caltrops! Upgrades include poison tipped hedgehogs, disgruntled, homing hedgehogs and explosive, honey coated hedgehogs. Or porcupines. Whatever works best.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Xsjadoblayde said:
be a real hero, use the scoped bow