Far Cry: Primal's Stone Age Includes Sabretooth Tigers And Woolly Mammoths

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Adam Jensen said:
Happyninja42 said:
Everything else about them is just flavor text. So having 4 basic weapons is fine with me. Once I found the different weapons that fit my style the best, I never deviated from using them.
Sometimes less is more. One of the reasons Blood Dragon was so much fun was the fact that you only had a handful of weapons that handled very differently and you focused on upgrading those weapons instead of unlocking new ones that just look different but play the same.
Exactly. Maybe it's because of my default playstyle of stealth predator, I don't tend to worry about having a huge arsenal of weapons. Give me one weapon that is good for long range sniping (or equivalent for the game setting), and maybe a close range weapon, and I'm good. I'll still probably focus on stealth takedowns with melee/unarmed, and focus on the abilities that help me accomplish that. So yeah, having a collection of 35+ weapons that are all realistically accurate doesn't really impress me personally. Since in most cases they will all function pretty much the same.

If the bow mechanics in FC: Primal function as they do in FC: 3, I'm probably not going to use it. I dunno, I just didn't really like the mechanics of the bow in that game. Can't really place my finger on it, but it felt off compared to the tons of other bow games I've played. However, if that's like my only ranged weapon, I'll probably get over my issue....or just go pure stealth stalker with my sabertooth kitty pet, and pounce on my foes from above/below. xD Nothing more satisfying than doing that.