Farming Simulator 2013 Plows a Hardcore Launch Trailer

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
Still probably has a better ending then ME3.

I may get this for my parents though since they love sim games.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
What no multiplayer? Pfft. That's not going to sell at all. Everyone knows you need multiplayer to make a game successful.

HaMSt3rBoT

Apr 2, 2010
CANNOT RESIST, TIME TO DO SOME TOP GEAR FARMING.

Bet that wasn't a coincidental pick for that tractor montage.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
Irridium said:
Street Cleaning simulator is where it's at. YA'LL DON'T EVEN FUCKING KNOW. Check these bomb-ass reviews [http://www.gamespot.com/street-cleaning-simulator/user-reviews/platform/pc/].

Your move.
Come on, no effort in those reviews.

This one has soul.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07/08/street-cleanin-man-street-cleaning-simulator/

RoonMian

Mar 5, 2011
The last time a news post was ripping on the farming simulator like this I wrote:

RoonMian said:
There are people putting hard work into this game. There are other people enjoying these kinds of games.

And The Escapist is ironically (or sarcastically, whatever) "praising" this game.

Do we really need hipsters in our hobby? If the game is bad then do a review and tell us it's bad, please. But this destructive crap is just immature and dickish.
So now again: Do we really need this?

It's really not the kind of gaming journalism I want to read on the escapist.

mrhateful

True Gamer
Apr 8, 2010
If you buy this game you either love your current job so much you can't get enough of it or you should look to get a new job.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Nicolaus99 said:
...there's going to be so many videos of threshing machine rampages and running over animals.
do the chickens go crazy like in Zelda?

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Ptsh, it's got nothing on Street Sweeper Simulator.

Yes it is a real game.

Actually that company makes a whole heap of bizarre simulators, including but not limited to: Air Traffic controller, Commuter management simulator, Underground Miner simulator, fucking WASTE COLLECTION simulator, (there's a few of those actually, seriously, who the fuck is playing waste collection simulator for fun?), Forklift Simulator.

In fact I'd go so far as to say Farming Simulator looks the /most/ fun out of all the games they make, I mean heck Harvest Moon was fun.

Here's a list of all their games:

http://www.astragon.de/simulationen.html

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Irridium said:
Pfft, trainz is all hype. I've seen the lets play.

Street Cleaning simulator is where it's at. YA'LL DON'T EVEN FUCKING KNOW. Check these bomb-ass reviews [http://www.gamespot.com/street-cleaning-simulator/user-reviews/platform/pc/].

You're move.
How did I know it'd be a Birgirpall video in the spoiler? :D

OT: Ya know, I was calling The Walking Dead/Borderlands 2 my GoTY, but know...I may have to rethink this.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Andy Shandy said:
Yes! Another excuse to watch and post this

And in all seriousness I am considering getting this for Xbox, when it drops down in price, just for the uniqueness of the damn thing.
DAMN, THE NINJA STRIKES AGAIN!
I was looking for an excuse to post that... and you snatched it from my hands!
Seriously though, that video is amazing.
"STONE COLD KILLA"

OT: I'm looking into buying one of these for the sole purpose of screwing around in it.

beastro

Jan 6, 2012
New farming simulator = massive orgasms taking place in Germany right now.

I really do not understand why they love these kinds of games so much...

crazyrabbits

Jul 10, 2012
beastro said:
New farming simulator = massive orgasms taking place in Germany right now.

I really do not understand why they love these kinds of games so much...
The 360 no-scope cornshot might have something to do with it.

LOL

But yes, there seems to be a market for these kinds of games. The trailer makes it look like a more realistic Harvest Moon-type game, complete with tons of customization options and missions. It's the same as asking why people liked all those Deer Hunter games from the 90's - we just like to simulate things, I guess.

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
RoonMian said:
The last time a news post was ripping on the farming simulator like this I wrote:

RoonMian said:
There are people putting hard work into this game. There are other people enjoying these kinds of games.

And The Escapist is ironically (or sarcastically, whatever) "praising" this game.

Do we really need hipsters in our hobby? If the game is bad then do a review and tell us it's bad, please. But this destructive crap is just immature and dickish.
So now again: Do we really need this?

It's really not the kind of gaming journalism I want to read on the escapist.
Do you realize that almost comedy is based on making fun of people right? Should there be no jokes or humor because it might offend somebody? I find that offensive that you want to take my fun away.
On the scale of how harsh a joke is, I would rate this just above puns. And puns only hurt because they involve smacking your own head to repress the memory of hearing it.