Fast and Furious 9 is stupid, ridcilous and features a new villian....

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
5,983
1,763
118
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Gender
Male
And his name is John Cena!!!! insert Cena's theme!


I have not touch the movies since 7, so I might be breaking my rule to go see it. At least to see John Cena. Remember when F&F was about street racing? You pretty much have to play Need for Speed to fill that itch now.
 

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
33,954
1,209
118


Bless this series in it's race to the bottom of the intelligence barrel.
 

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
5,983
1,763
118
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Gender
Male
crimson5pheonix said:


Bless this series in it's race to the bottom of the intelligence barrel.
I was month away to turning 12 when the the first film came out.
 

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
2,983
0
0
In a way this shitty old flash animation was actually pretty on the money on where this series would be headed.
 

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

New member
Aug 2, 2015
4,084
0
0
ObsidianJones said:
CoCage said:
Remember when F&F was about street racing?
It was never about street racing. It was always about Family!
The Trailer opens up with Vin Diesal in a farm with a family.

So I guess Moviebob wasn't too far off the mark when he made that "Family" joke.
 

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
5,983
1,763
118
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Gender
Male
Chimpzy said:
In a way this shitty old flash animation was actually pretty on the money on where this series would be headed.
I saw that on Newgrounds back in the day.

ObsidianJones said:
CoCage said:
Remember when F&F was about street racing?
It was never about street racing. It was always about Family!
Other than the family BBQ scene in 1 and that one line about "Han being family" at the end of Tokyo Drift, the movies before 4 were about the street racing. Or in the first film's case, the cop/criminal drama, Point Break ripoff. The family motif does hold more water for the fourth entry and afterward.
 

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
3,376
102
68
Finland
After F8 of the Furious I've become conditioned to laugh my ass off every time I see Vin Diesel.
 

Saint of M

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2020
645
25
33
Country
United States
At this point all I can ask is this: Can this director do the next live action GIJOE movie, because it looks like he's already got the playing with actionfigures to get your plot jotted down already.
 

Wintermute_v1legacy

New member
Mar 16, 2012
1,209
0
0
Anyone who says Fast and Furious is stupid probably doesn't know how to drive, doesn't understand physics or both.

Seriously though, I love these movies, specially the first ones because back then it seemed like FF and Need for Speed were copying each other with every new release, but this is the first time a Fast and Furious trailer made me laugh out loud. I can't wait for FF 12: In space no one can hear you family, before the inevitable "back to basics" movie.
 

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
4,345
0
0
CoCage said:
And his name is John Cena!!!! insert Cena's theme!


I have not touch the movies since 7, so I might be breaking my rule to go see it. At least to see John Cena. Remember when F&F was about street racing? You pretty much have to play Need for Speed to fill that itch now.
This franchise is basically a live action video game.
 

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
2,983
0
0
It's kind of insane that there's 9 of these. 10 if we count that Hobbs & Shaw spin-off. Make that 11 because there's going to be a tenth main installment that does not seem like it'll be called either Fast & Fur10us or Fast X Furious, which is a goddamn tragedy. Though the final count may end up being 12 if that "final" movie ends up a two-parter. [https://www.gamesradar.com/fast-and-furious-10-vin-diesel-interview-part-1/]
 

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
5,983
1,763
118
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Gender
Male
Marik2 said:
Additionally, the last three movies (9 included) is straight up fan fiction you find in the early 2000s. The whole lost sibling that was never mentioned before.

Chimpzy said:
It's kind of insane that there's 9 of these. 10 if we count that Hobbs & Shaw spin-off. Make that 11 because there's going to be a tenth main installment that does not seem like it'll be called either Fast & Fur10us or Fast X Furious, which is a goddamn tragedy. Though the final count may end up being 12 if that "final" movie ends up a two-parter. [https://www.gamesradar.com/fast-and-furious-10-vin-diesel-interview-part-1/]
We don't need to bring that stupid trend back. We had enough two-parter films already.
 

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
4,345
0
0
So is there an endgame to all of this? This franchise was doing the cinematic universe before the Marvel movies. (Correct me if I am wrong)
 

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
2,983
0
0
Marik2 said:
So is there an endgame to all of this? This franchise was doing the cinematic universe before the Marvel movies. (Correct me if I am wrong)
Depends on how you define cinematic universe. IMO it's just a franchise of straight old-fashioned sequels. Besides, even if it was, it'd be far from the first cinematic universe. That'd probably be the Universal Monster movies (Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, Mummy, ...) back in the 30s-40s.
 

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
4,136
575
118
Country
Australia
Gender
Male
There's a Wikipedia article on shared universes, but I'd define a cinematic universe as a case where multiple films that have different titles exist within the same setting. So, for instance, the MCU is a cinematic universe. The "Potterverse" is a cinematic universe as well, as we have the titular Harry Potter films, plus the Fantastic Beasts films - different series, same universe. In contrast, Fast & Furious isn't, because every film shares the Fast and Furious moniker, even Hobbes & Shaw ("Fast & Furious Presents").
 

Squilookle

New member
Nov 6, 2008
2,335
0
0
Whoa whoa- you're saying The Fast and the Furious is ridiculous? Next you'll be telling me that the Transformers series is far fetched!

Chimpzy said:
In a way this shitty old flash animation was actually pretty on the money on where this series would be headed.
I will always have cherished memories of that flash animation.

I never gave a crap about F&F, until people said they started becoming high tech heist films around 5 or so. TBH that interests me far more than the petrol head dick measuring of the first 3(ish)