Fat Princess Still Fat, Still Awesome

Jared Rea

Aug 11, 2008
Fat Princess Still Fat, Still Awesome

Plenty of video and hands-on impressions of the controversial PlayStation Network title trickling from its Las Vegas showing

Every year, the editors of tech-influenced publications have the exact same discussion: should we bother going to the bizarre accessories [http://www.cesweb.org/]. But if you're from somewhere like Game Informer or hey, even The Escapist, CES usually means disappointment and wasted airfare as publishers typically hold off on surprises for the gaming industry, with of course, rare exceptions. This is one of them.

activists [http://titanstudios.com/], but its hard to argue with its message. If you keep someone captive and feed them nothing but cake, they're going to become festively plump.

GameTrailers returned from Vegas with a GameSpot [http://www.gametrailers.com/game/9364.html] continue the trend of glowing praise for the game, with the former reconfirming that Sony's goal is for it to feature 32-player online play with voice chat for all. Fat Princess is most definitely one of the most exciting digital titles in 2009 and so I hope that Sony doesn't keep it in the dark for much longer.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
This would be fun to play, I could go to my mom and tell her she's in my game!

But seriously it looks funny.

Avida

Oct 17, 2008
Cannot wait for this, i was playing the LOTR conquest demo and just thinking how much better it would be if it was this game.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Now this looks intresting. Too bad I havn't got a PS3, I love wierd shit games.

Man, looks like next year is going to be a good year for PS3 owners.

John Stalvern

Aug 28, 2008
I find the feminist backlash amusing. Way to make your community come off as petty and lazy.

EDIT: I just read a few of their blogs. Now I kind of feel sorry for them, typing so angrily Crisco leaks from their pores.

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
I'm confused, why is capturing a fat lady a great break through in gaming? And I laughed at the feminists, they seem to get pissed off at the fact that you make a chick fat and then rescue her, I just love that. I specially like how they think it's some great affront to feature fat women in games, I would love to meet one so I could go through the whole "So what you're saying is that because she's fat that makes her bad?" etc. arguments. I could get days arguing out of that topic.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Reaperman Wompa said:
I'm confused, why is capturing a fat lady a great break through in gaming? And I laughed at the feminists, they seem to get pissed off at the fact that you make a chick fat and then rescue her, I just love that. I specially like how they think it's some great affront to feature fat women in games, I would love to meet one so I could go through the whole "So what you're saying is that because she's fat that makes her bad?" etc. arguments. I could get days arguing out of that topic.
Wait, people are saying this game is a "breakthrough" for gaming?

What?

But I do pity the feminists. While I get their offenses, it's still funny to see them rage in anger. The wonders of the internet, eh?

pyromcr said:
i dont get how it is that good...
Oh come on, this game's "meaning" should be obvious. Just pure, blissful, brutally murdering your oppenents. What do you have to "get" to "get" this game?

There's blood! And fatties! And cartoon characteres! And blood! Who wouldn't want that?

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
John Stalvern said:
I find the feminist backlash amusing. Way to make your community come off as petty and lazy.

EDIT: I just read a few of their blogs. Now I kind of feel sorry for them, typing so angrily Crisco leaks from their pores.
Conversely, way to make your community come off as insensitive and intolerant.