Fate/Stay Night and Typemoon in General

Nihilm

Apr 3, 2010
Razentsu said:
Nihilm said:
Razentsu said:
I'm a relatively new Type Moon fan, having played Tsukihime two years ago (I think) and having played Fate/Stay Night last year. I have yet to experience all the endings of either game, but I plan to fix that soon. Kagetsu Tohya is the most recent Type-Moon game I've been playing. I have yet to experience any ending for that game.

Naturally, being a fan of fighting games and Tsukihime, Melty Blood is a game I have been playing.

I play a large variety of fighting games, and I have to say, Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code is my favourite fighting game of all. The level of freedom Melty offers in movement, offence, and defence is simply unparalleled.

Anyway, I'm surprised and pleased to see a Type-Moon thread!

Welcome to the thread :), if your into anime at all, I suggest you watch Fate/Zero as well, since it is a masterpiece, besides getting all the endings that would more or less complete all the major stuff, hmm and Kara no Kyokai if your interested.
Oh man, I am definitely into anime. I'm almost done with Fate/Zero, having only two more episodes left to watch. I'm nearly done with KnK as well, having only the final movie left to watch. I am loving both works.

Not only do KnK and Fate/Zero tell intriguing stories, but they both deliver very strong audio and visual experiences. Holy moly, Ufotable and Yuki Kajiura.

I am glad your enjoying it.

I just finished Akiha's route for Tsukihime

Definitely my favourite route so far, such bitter sweet endings though :'( , also Shiki is really kinky licking that sweaty back -.- lol-ed at that

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
Nihilm said:
Razentsu said:
Nihilm said:
Razentsu said:
I'm a relatively new Type Moon fan, having played Tsukihime two years ago (I think) and having played Fate/Stay Night last year. I have yet to experience all the endings of either game, but I plan to fix that soon. Kagetsu Tohya is the most recent Type-Moon game I've been playing. I have yet to experience any ending for that game.

Naturally, being a fan of fighting games and Tsukihime, Melty Blood is a game I have been playing.

I play a large variety of fighting games, and I have to say, Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code is my favourite fighting game of all. The level of freedom Melty offers in movement, offence, and defence is simply unparalleled.

Welcome to the thread :), if your into anime at all, I suggest you watch Fate/Zero as well, since it is a masterpiece, besides getting all the endings that would more or less complete all the major stuff, hmm and Kara no Kyokai if your interested.
Oh man, I am definitely into anime. I'm almost done with Fate/Zero, having only two more episodes left to watch. I'm nearly done with KnK as well, having only the final movie left to watch. I am loving both works.

Not only do KnK and Fate/Zero tell intriguing stories, but they both deliver very strong audio and visual experiences. Holy moly, Ufotable and Yuki Kajiura.

Definitely my favourite route so far, such bitter sweet endings though :'( , also Shiki is really kinky licking that sweaty back -.- lol-ed at that
Personally, I don't see the big deal with the Akiha route. Hisui is the one that really made a lasting impact to me.

Nihilm

Apr 3, 2010
jhoroz said:
Nihilm said:
Razentsu said:
Nihilm said:
Razentsu said:

Personally, I don't see the big deal with the Akiha route. Hisui is the one that really made a lasting impact to me.
Well Hisui is up next.

Nihilm

Apr 3, 2010
And I just finished Hisui's route

WHAT THE FUCK KOHAKU!!!! Um, yeah, WTF!!??? What the actual fuck just happened in this route!

Yeah, I am going to blitz through Kohaku now to finally finish this

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
Nihilm said:

WHAT THE FUCK KOHAKU!!!! Um, yeah, WTF!!??? What the actual fuck just happened in this route!

I told you so. And I'm not much of a fan of the Kohaku route since the revelation of the Hisui route just kind of makes Kohaku's entire route feel moot.

Nihilm

Apr 3, 2010
jhoroz said:
Nihilm said:

I told you so. And I'm not much of a fan of the Kohaku route since the revelation of the Hisui route just kind of makes Kohaku's entire route feel moot.
Finished Kohaku's route and eclipse

Have to say taht even though I mostly agree with you, I still enjoyed Kohaku's route, I think I would have complained them not having it, if it didn't exist. I think after all of it I liked Akiha's route the most with Hisui's being a close second. If I had to rate them I would like this: Akiha > Hisui > Arcueid > Kohaku > Ciel .

I find it extremely weird on how little of Arcueid there is in all of the Far side routes, I have to say the entire game was a very enjoyable experience

Phax12

Jun 20, 2013
Hmm, didn't know there was a contingency of Type-Moon fans on this site.

While I haven't played any of the VNs (as of now), I've always been interested in Type-Moon (specifically Tsukihime and the Fate series).

Which I suppose is a minor miracle considering the fact that my original exposure to this series is from...

...the anime that's not to be named.

But I'd like to ask, which of the two I mentioned do you guys think is better?

Nihilm

Apr 3, 2010
Phax12 said:
Hmm, didn't know there was a contingency of Type-Moon fans on this site.

While I haven't played any of the VNs (as of now), I've always been interested in Type-Moon (specifically Tsukihime and the Fate series).

Which I suppose is a minor miracle considering the fact that my original exposure to this series is from...

...the anime that's not to be named.

But I'd like to ask, which of the two I mentioned do you guys think is better?
I like F/SN better than Tsukihime, but I think the general consenseus is that Tsukihime is better. I am sure if you liked that anime, you'd like Tsukihime since even though I haven't seen that anime, Tsukihime should expand on everything a lot more.

You should be interested in the far side of the moon routes in that case since IIRC, the anime almost didn't touch on that storyline at all.

rayman 101

Jun 7, 2008
Ambrose said:
l3uster posted this thread to a topic on Beast's Lair, the Type-Moon forum, where it got maybe 40 posts of relevance before the topic once again derailed into something stupid. Or in other words, nothing even slightly important.
Did you register just so you can mouth off how much of a little snow flake that shit hole Beast Lair?

Meinos Kaen

Jun 17, 2009
So, let's see if I can summarize all my thoughts in a few sentences...

The whole Nasuverse -so called because apparently Nasu is making an effort to tie them all together in a way, making them be in the same universe- is one of the biggest examples in history of 'good ideas bad execution' or 'bread to those with no teeth'. That is, Nasu.

Nasu has had some pretty awesome ideas, that I won't deny. Ideas that people like Gen Urobuchi with Zero and the writer of Extra have managed to expand on and make pretty awesome, but if left to their creator? You get some of the worst writing I've EVER SEEN. Be it about characters, plot or Ecchi scenes.

I think what Nasu should do is get the Lucas treatment. Be surrounded by people who can filter his craziness and turn it into something good, avoid letting him put a hand to his keyboard because if left completely alone to his own devices... We get THIS CHAIR and mollusks. And Emiya Shiro. *groan*

P.S.: Also, for the love of god, what's with their Rule63 obsessions? Can someone tell them that there have been enough authentic female badasses in history so that they don't need to butcher and genderbent male ones?