Father Builds Arcade Cab For His Daughter

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Father Builds Arcade Cab For His Daughter

Ponies? So last year, I mean, like, totally last year. Arcade cabs are where it's at for 2009.

A doting father has built a custom arcade cabinet for his young daughter, Bella. The cab is 20% smaller than normal, making it just the right height for the creator's four-year-old daughter. Inside is a Windows 98 machine, running a custom MAME, skinned with a personalized theme. The cab has 250 classic games to play, including Ms. Pac-Man and Mr. Do's Castle, and while it doesn't need change to work, the coin box acts as a piggy bank!

The cab is the result of more than two years' work, and the amount of care and love that went into making it is simply extraordinary. Apparently, it's a big hit with little Bella as well. If I had kids, I'd be feeling pretty inadequate right now.

All the details of the construction can be found here [http://bellasarcade.blogspot.com/].

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5162129/and-how-much-does-your-dad-love-you]

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
That is such an awesome idea. I'm jelous. I mean like... besides the fact that... you know, mine wouldn't be pink. It'd be covered in... trucks and... action man. *shifty eyes*

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Screw arcade games I want my Empire: Total War. My dad should be glad all I ask for is videogames, a new graphics card, and a car, instead of doing something that actually takes effort like this. He doesn't know how good he has things.

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
Nivag said:
I mean like... besides the fact that... you know, mine wouldn't be pink. It'd be covered in... trucks and... action man. *shifty eyes*
Haha, there's no shame in pink. Takes a real man to wear pink.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Bloody hell, I am so getting me one of those. Forget rent, my student loan for next year is going on paying this guy to make one of those for me and my flatmates (sorry Landlord Steve!). How much do you think it'll cost...?

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
A mate of mine has been trying to convince me to build a Mame cabinet with him. Every arcade game in the history of the Arcade, in one neat, tidy little package, complete with crappy old CRT and arcade controls.

A noble vision and an awesome idea, but with one minor flaw.

I'm lazy. Incredibly lazy. He doesn't seem to grasp this concept, so keeps at it, the way a retarded bull will repeatedly charge into a red cape draped over a giant anvil.

Well, a red cape with a fan making it move somehow.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
03 March 2008

that video was uploaded almost exactly 1 year ago

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
I had a biology teacher who made a 3 foot high perfect model of helms deep for his son who plays LOTR warhammer. It was made from scratch. Epic win at parenting.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
I already have a friend who built his own arcade with several hundred games, though I wouldn't mind having my own!

I doubt that my dad would be able to pull off something like this, however xD