Favorite and most iconic Pokemon songs

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
So there was a discussion in the Escapist Creative Group [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Escapist-Creative-Society] about Pokemon songs, and I decided to make a thread about it.

What is your personal favorite song of the Pokemon game series?

In your opinion what is the most iconic song of the Pokemon game series?

I have to say game series, because I don?t want the anime included, we all know this song is awesome.

--------------
For me, Route 1 is the most iconic.

It was the first song that came to my mind when I was asked the question. My personal favorite is a little harder to say, I loved Route 1 and it?s cheeriness, but I also love the creepiness of Viridian Forest, Lavender Town and Silph Co. I?m sure there are songs from other generations I?ve enjoyed, but those that come to the forefront of my mind seem to always be from the first game or the remakes.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
I'm obligated to say the bike theme from Red... In part because it's been physically burned into my brain from constant listening.

I also have to give props to the pokemon center theme I guess.

Callie

Aug 22, 2012
As anyone from the creative group has seen, I would say the Lavender Town Theme or the Route 1 theme tune. As a proud owner of every pokémon in the games, it's hard for me to pick out just one from the plethora of brilliant nostalgia. :)

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Personal favourite?
Most iconic?
Whoa wouldn't it be awesome if I got suggestions of certain pokemon songs that I should remix, and then I would like, do them?Yeah you know what I mean.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Lavender Town man. It's interesting how in Red/Blue/Yellow they make a big deal of respecting the dead, but in Silver/Gold/Crystal they turn the graveyard tower into a radio station.

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
My favourite:

The most iconic would definitely be the Route 1 music because that's exactly what I think of when I think 'iconic Pokemon music' and I didn't even play the original Red/Blue. Either that or the theme song for the TV show:

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
This music always brings me back:

Kanto had the best gym leader music, fact. Johto is awesome for when your health is low and unova is decent at times too.

How many of you have heard this music? It's not really famous but damn, this is the perfect theme for the final battle of a championship.

This is a little more iconic, been around for years and it's still good. Basic, but basic can be good.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Oh man! Where to start?

First off, this lovely medley of popular Pokemon tracks done entirely in piano.

My favorites are Pallet Town, Verdenturf Town, and the Elite Four.
1) 00:01 Opening Theme (in most of them)
2) 00:59 Pallet Town (gold, silver, crystal)
3) 01:52 Route Theme no2 (red, blue)
4) 02:53 Pokemon League (diamond, pearl)
5) 04:08 Bike Theme (gold, silver, crystal)
6) 04:36 Verdanturf Town (ruby, sapphire)
7) 05:38 Celadon City (red, blue)
8) 06:08 S.S. Anne Theme (red, blue)
9) 07:04 Elite Four (red, blue)

Next is the Elite Four Kanto and Johto themes, redone in their respective remakes.

And last, but not least, the HeatGold/SoulSilver remake of the Kanto Wild Enounters.
I especially like the beginning.

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
Lavender Town is already in this thread but I love these ones:

Someone's bound to post this one (but I like this HGSS remake) as most iconic. I certainly think so.
And even though I do have the bike theme from RBY playing in my head because I read one of the earlier posts in this thread, the original Gold was my first introduction to the series and its this one that holds the memories for me
and one more from me.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Fuck me, you might as well might have asked me to pick my favorite child (It's not you, first-born; Tough shit).

So, most favorite...

It was hard to pick, but this pre-battle theme is fucking awesome. It Edged out the Silph co. theme and a bunch of Boss/ Final Boss/ and route themes.

Aerosteam said:
Most iconic?
Whoa wouldn't it be awesome if I got suggestions of certain pokemon songs that I should remix, and then I would like, do them?Yeah you know what I mean.
Pretty much. Yeah, there are tons of early game RBY ones that qualify, but this is definitely the most iconic Final Boss theme.

Ghostface2206

Apr 6, 2013
Not my favourite, but it has been stuck in my mind for very long,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aac-4tIKcY

And the most iconic is probably either pokemon centre, gym or champion lance theme.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Ghostface2206 said:
Not my favourite, but it has been stuck in my mind for very long,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aac-4tIKcY

And the most iconic is probably either pokemon centre, gym or champion lance theme.
I have to agree, the BW Elite 4 theme is pretty cool.

BTW, you can have the vid appear in the forum by slapping off everything but "youtube" and "=(whatever alphanumeric stuff is here)"

Just be sure to put in in a spoiler if there are many vids

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
For me, it has to be this one from Pokemon Silver/ Gold/ Crystal

When I heard this for the first time it made me feel incredibly relaxed and happy.

One of the most iconic I feel is this one:

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
As an endgame song, this may take the cake for me.

Probably a little biased considering Reshiram is my favorite.

My favorite antagonist team theme.

I have lots of others, but this post would go on for a while if I continued.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Well, seeing as this thread is cooling off, I thought I'd leave this for a high note end.

Like this if you cry everytim.