Favorite Arcade Shooter

1-800 NOOB OWNED

Dec 16, 2009
My favorite arcade shooter would be the original House of the Dead. I spent about a fifty dollars in quarters on that game one summer. Good times good times

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Time Crisis series. I don't really have a favorite since I don't get to play all that often, but they're awesome.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Anyone ever heard of CarnEvil? That one took the cake for me. I like to head back to Playdium every so often and give it my money.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
House Of the dead three. I remember a time when a friend and I played for hours on a single machine with just five pounds. We even gained a crowd of about ten people watching us. Execpt we didn't actually no they where there, until we were done playing and turned around.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
knight of some random number said:
House Of the dead three. I remember a time when a friend and I played for hours on a single machine with just five pounds. We even gained a crowd of about ten people watching us. Execpt we didn't actually no they where there, until we were done playing and turned around.
They were waiting to play, you hogs.
( :p )

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Lethal Enforcers. It was a fun game that I managed to play enough time to pretty much know where everything is.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Furburt said:
Time Crisis 2. I set the high score for that in an arcade in Dublin. It ain't been broken since.
I second Time Crisis 2.
TC 3 was also pretty good in my opinion.

TPiddy said:
Anyone ever heard of CarnEvil? That one took the cake for me. I like to head back to Playdium every so often and give it my money.
I remember that one......freaked me out.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Gigaguy64 said:
TPiddy said:
Yeah, I found it to be one of the better zombie games out there for locational damage... like continually shooting the santa in the leg would eventually reveal his bone.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Time Crisis 2 is my all time favorite; I liked the sequels but the reaction time required for those was way higher than it was in TC2. Silent Scope gets a close second for having the gun with an actual scope. Nothing like having a three inch screen at the end of a tube in a darkened room to help with eye-strain.

forgetaboutme

Feb 20, 2008
TPiddy said:
I've played it a long long time ago, unfortunately I can't find a place that has the machine, or a proper way to emulate it.

The House of the Dead series remains my favorite arcade shooters, however, this one game at a movie theater (I can't remember what it's called, I do remember the title being really cheesy), and it was amazing. One minute I was blowing away terrorists in a parking garage, and the next I was shooting at highly explosive turkeys being thrown at me by terrorists in a field. Too bad that game is broken down now.

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
Oooh, lightgun games. I was gonna say Ikaruga, but if we're going that way,

House of the Dead 4. So terrible it was brilliant, and it has Uzis!

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
The only lightgun games I ever got to play in an arcade were the old cheeseball classics Area 51 and Maximum Overkill, both of which were basically the same thing. It was always good fun taking both the first and second player slots and akimboing the lightguns.

the_maestro_sartori

Nov 8, 2009
Big Buck Hunter 2.
Nothing better than taking a rifle into the wilds and hunting bears or deer or boars or bison *nods*

I've got the top score on 5 out of the 6 animals on it in Namco, Westminster London *nods*

It took "alot" of my money in return >.>

May 4, 2009
TPiddy said:
Oh, yeah. I used to play that all the time. I have vivid memories of being pelted by flying corn dogs.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
Time Crisis 2 is king when it comes to light-gun arcade shooters. It's probably one of the few arcade games where even though I own it for the PS2 with a working light gun to boot, I still pump a few dollars worth of quarters into an arcade machine when I see one.

Now in the realm of non-light gun arcade shooters, Raiden, Twin Cobra, and Smash T.V. are my absolute favorites. Many a quarter and many an hour I have spent playing those three games.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
TPiddy said:
Gigaguy64 said:
TPiddy said:
Yeah, I found it to be one of the better zombie games out there for locational damage... like continually shooting the santa in the leg would eventually reveal his bone.
That was a cool thing about it.
Im not bothered by Gore though, what freaked me out was the fact that you could and did shoot things like SANTA CLAUSE.