Favorite Arkham City Moments *Spoilers*

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
For those of you playing Arkham City, what moments or little touches have made the game most enjoyable for you? Having nearly finished the story I've had a lot of 'wow' moments, but the one that surprised me most wasn't even really a major thing. Just something I noticed while walking through an environment. Please avoid story spoilers outside of the spoiler tags if at all possible.

For me the most fun revelation was
In the manager's office of the Steel Mill, on the floor just to the left of the mannequin displaying Harley's 'nurse' outfit from Arkham Asylum is an open pregnancy test box, along with the test stick itself showing a positive result. So from all appearances Harley is pregnant. Now /that/ is a scary thought.
Lots of other little moments, but that one was quite....interesting.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Strife2k7 said:
For those of you playing Arkham City, what moments or little touches have made the game most enjoyable for you? Having nearly finished the story I've had a lot of 'wow' moments, but the one that surprised me most wasn't even really a major thing. Just something I noticed while walking through an environment. Please avoid story spoilers outside of the spoiler tags if at all possible.

For me the most fun revelation was
In the manager's office of the Steel Mill, on the floor just to the left of the mannequin displaying Harley's 'nurse' outfit from Arkham Asylum is an open pregnancy test box, along with the test stick itself showing a positive result.
Lots of other little moments, but that one was quite....interesting.
I never even noticed that. wow.
Probably bumping into Hush, only to have him talk at me and leave. It gave me hope for a sequel or at least DLC.

Swarley

Apr 5, 2010
Watching Batman fall for the fake joker gag.

Twice.

Also, just the fact they crammed so many villains in there, YET THEY MANAGED TO LEAVE OUT BLACK MASK.

Or at least I haven't found him yet.

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
Black Mask is there during the game's 'tutorial'. When you first get control if you look on the right he's being beaten down by Tyger guards. He even says something like 'Nobody does this to Black Mask!"

Swarley

Apr 5, 2010
Well then this game has every villain I could think of, and more!

Just wish Black Mask had a larger role, especially since they used the same voice actor as Under the Red Hood. (According to IMDB)

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
If Robin gets his own sidestory (similar to Catwoman) I can see Black Mask being the main villain of it, similar to how Two-Face drove Catwoman's story. It did seem strange that he only appeared for the briefest of cameos.

Anyway, my favorite moments were:

Fighting Solomon Grundy
Everything during the League of Assassin's segment
Scarecrow's secret boat

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Swarley said:
Watching Batman fall for the fake joker gag.

Twice.

Also, just the fact they crammed so many villains in there, YET THEY MANAGED TO LEAVE OUT BLACK MASK.

Or at least I haven't found him yet.
Dude, Black Mask is at the very start of the game! When you get kicked into Arkham, he's fighting off Strange's security in handcuffs.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Beating the ever loving shit out of The Penguin was oh so very very satisfying after everything he does to you in the museum.

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
The appearance of my favorite (and yet the most underrated and forgotten) member of the Bat-Family in side missions.

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
Catfood220 said:
Beating the ever loving shit out of The Penguin was oh so very very satisfying after everything he does to you in the museum.
That was definitely one of the more satisfying moments for me as well :)

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
It was definitely the Mr. Freeze fight for me, especially since I didn't see the prompt that shows you how to beat him (Oracle finds his weaknesses for you). The first couple of times (yeah, he killed me twice), I was just trying stuff to see what worked and basically got it all except for the attack from a ledge above him. I liked figuring it all out on me own. But then I saw the prompt for Oracle's data and was disappointed to see it just shows you what to do.

Soviet Heavy said:
Dude, Black Mask is at the very start of the game! When you get kicked into Arkham, he's fighting off Strange's security in handcuffs.
I didn't see that either.

Apparently, Killer Croc is also in the game, but you can only find him in a certain location at a certain point in the game (there is a switch in the sewers you can throw a remote Batarang at). I tried hitting the switch too late in the game. I don't see why it should only work in only one point.

Edit: Finding all the Riddler secrets and then hopefully taking him down will be so satisfying as well. All I have left to do is to finish the Park Row secrets and then complete some physical challenges.

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
DustyDrB said:
It was definitely the Mr. Freeze fight for me, especially since I didn't see the prompt that shows you how to beat him (Oracle finds his weaknesses for you). The first couple of times (yeah, he killed me twice), I was just trying stuff to see what worked and basically got it all except for the attack from a ledge above him. I liked figuring it all out on me own. But then I saw the prompt for Oracle's data and was disappointed to see it just shows you what to do.

Soviet Heavy said:
I didn't see that either.

Apparently, Killer Croc is also in the game, but you can only find him in a certain location at a certain point in the game (there is a switch in the sewers you can throw a remote Batarang at). I tried hitting the switch too late in the game. I don't see why it should only work in only one point.

Edit: Finding all the Riddler secrets and then hopefully taking him down will be so satisfying as well. All I have left to do is to finish the Park Row secrets and then complete some physical challenges.
Croc is in the game. Basically you drop down into the sewer entrance at the Steel Mill when you go back the second time <after Freeze's fight> and you can use the remote control batarang to hit the switch that time. You can also find his lair down there if you move around enough. It's a nice cameo. Black Mask though is at the /very/ beginning of the game after you first gain control while you're still handcuffed. Look to the right, you can walk right up to the guards beating him down and he'll scream something like 'Nobody does this to Black Mask and lives'

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Strife2k7 said:
Croc is in the game. Basically you drop down into the sewer entrance at the Steel Mill when you go back the second time <after Freeze's fight> and you can use the remote control batarang to hit the switch that time. You can also find his lair down there if you move around enough. It's a nice cameo. Black Mask though is at the /very/ beginning of the game after you first gain control while you're still handcuffed. Look to the right, you can walk right up to the guards beating him down and he'll scream something like 'Nobody does this to Black Mask and lives'
Yeah, I looked up the video. I know I had hit that switch (a few times, actually. I tried again when nothing happened the first time), but the scene apparently doesn't play if you progress past that point in the main story and then try it. That was my issue.

I did find his lair, though. There was a riddle solution there, right?

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
DustyDrB said:
Strife2k7 said:
Yeah, I looked up the video. I know I had hit that switch (a few times, actually. I tried again when nothing happened the first time), but the scene apparently doesn't play if you progress past that point in the main story and then try it. That was my issue.

I did find his lair, though. There was a riddle solution there, right?
If there was I didn't find it. I just remember using explosive gel on a weak floor and dropping down into what was basically a jail cell with a cot and a few wanted posters of Croc.

I did enjoy the Mr Freeze fight, but thankfully I turned off the hints before I started the game so Oracle didn't ruin the fun of my figuring it out on my own. :) Same with the other massive fight prior to that. It was a much more tense experience. :)

Red Bomb

Nov 25, 2009
The whole museum was very fun I thought. Nothing more satisfying than beating up the Penguin.
The Catwoman/Tyger fight was realy enjoyable too.

Aug 31, 2009
well i gotta say im really looking forward to this game i was looking at the secrets n hints last night (only a few and i will have forgotten them by the time i get it anyway) i really enjoyed the 1st one n by all accounts its a fantastic game so i cant wait till i got the money to buy (maybe i can convince my g/f to buy it for me lol)