Favorite cast of characters

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Blue Musician said:
I can't pick only one.
Books.- The Bartimaeus Trilogy. Seriously, I loved evey single character. Masterfully crafted.
Yeah, and Bartimaeus himself is probably one of my favorite characters of all time, and I love all of the historical tidbits you get in the footnotes.

I'm going to add in Delta and Omega squad from the Republic Commando game/books. I love these guys to death, for some odd reason. Maybe the Mando culture just sits well with me.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
Wow, 42 posts and no-one's picked the primary cast of MLP:FiM--well then obviously I have to pick......
Umm the cast of Urusei Yatsura, actually.....

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
Legacy of Kain. If pressed to specify which title, I'd go for Soul Reaver 2. Raziel stops being so naive and starts to really hone his snark. Elder God finally revealed to be the master bastard he is. Moebius reaturns. And Kain. Dear Lord, Kain.

Captcha: Jiminy Cricket. Silly Captcha, they don't go for conscience in Nosgoth. He'd be dead and eaten withing seconds along with the Blue Fairy.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
Battle Royale
Hated the teacher villain but damn did they really go into depth fro each character.

mbarker

Nov 12, 2008
My favorite cast would be the Muppets from the classic Muppet Show.

That and the Jimmy Two Shoes cast.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Mine is sort of tie:

The first is Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (notice how I only mentioned the first movie!). Jack Sparrow was one the best characters ever all on his own, but Will Turner, Elizabeth Swann, and Captain Barbossa are all incredible as well. Not to mention, its minor characters are worthy in their own right.

The second is Xenoblade Chronicles. The seven main squad members were wonderfully well developed, each with a distinct personality yet a level of complexity that far too little fiction (especially video games) actually works with. Not to mention, characters like Dickson, Alvis, Mumkhar, Egil, Zanza, Meyneth, and a bunch of other characters I don't have time to name were all very interesting, especially Egil.

Accel

Aug 18, 2012
The cast of Rescue Me, from the Ladder Co. 62 firefighters to the entire Gavin family. They're all just so entertaining and the actors are all so damn good.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
God dammit, I got ninja several times over!

In saying so I suprised no one had said One Piece so far other than me!

The Straw Hat crew are well unquie from each other and they are all have wonderful distinct personality. Thanks to Oda unquie character style, outside of the Straw Hat pirate there are a HUGE range of characters each to their own interesting stories (like some chracter got a unquie laugh).

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Evangeli.......Dammit ninjas >_<
Battle Roya....Dammit ninjas >_<
Ok the FMA..........Dammit ninjas >_<
Ok ok I got one now here you go Death note ^_^
All them interesting with a wide range going from likable and nice to creepy and diabolical it has it all.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Video Game: Tales of Graces f - I absolutely love the main 6-person party. The banter they have after random encounters, during skits, even within cut scenes is just great. They're all so loveable in their own ways and...
even Richard who is a villain for most of it but becomes good again is likeable when he is back to normal!

TV Series: As someone else already said, the cast of Firefly. They are most of the reason Firefly is so damn amazing.

Anime: It's really hard to choose between Code Geass and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. In Code Geass, there were several times I wanted both sides to win even though they wanted each other dead. Full Metal Alchemist is just awesome and its characters are so loveable.

I'm not sure which film cast is my favourite... it's harder to make me really care about a cast of characters when they only have 90-120 minutes to do it.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Games: The Motley Crew from Dragon Age 2 and the Truth Seekers from Persona 4
Films: Probably the team from Inception
TV: The Crew of Serenity and the Fringe Team.
Books: The Crew of the Ketty Jat from the Tales of the Ketty Jay series. I love them so much and I'm really worried about how things will end up for them when the final book is released soon.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
The crew of Serenity from Firefly.

I love every single one of these characters.

They're all so shiny :D
This doesn't win the thread...

It wins the entire gorram forum!

Never in the field of human sci-fi/westerns, was so much owed by so many to so few! And those few are the cast of Firefly... the characters are just fantastic! They gel so well, and they all have those little bits that you remember them by... Washes one liners... Jane's town... Kaylee's frilly dress, and her flash back not-so-innocent love scenes... and River's eyes shut shoot out! Pure epicness! :D

LollzRoyce42

Aug 15, 2011
My vote goes hands down to the villains of Bioshock. The characters were all so fascinating. It was so interesting to listen to their characters, their ideas about art and science, their philsophies, and visions for the future, they all had such weird and fascinating concepts and they all represented a different theme, and hearing about what led them to become the vicious psychopaths tamht ost of them were showed how those ideas and themes could be twisted into something horrible. They did more than represent a facet of the human condition, they showed how those ideals could fail, and most importantly, they taught the player why.

Honorable Mention: Mass Effect. The characters were all very interesting and for the most part, fully fleshed out.

MetaKnight670

Apr 3, 2011
I'm going to not do the obvious thing that you would expect me to.
I am going to say the cast of Legend of Korra instead. I just loved all the characters. From Mako, to Bolin, to Tenzin, Amon, Korra herself, and everyone in between. True the show had flaws, but everything does. Anyways, my choice.

Ashadowpie

Feb 3, 2012
my favorite cast is from Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. everyone is just saw awesome and badass

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
The Far Cry 3 cast rank pretty highly. Every character is mentally unstable in their own way, and I can't fault a single one. It's just a joy to watch them babble on and on, and despite all my criticisms of the racist themes (and the writer's clumsy attempts to justify them), Yohelem can clearly write characters very well. My only fault is that these are all individuals, met one on one, rather than as a cohesive group. I'd love to see what these guys would be like, hanging out together.

Cette

Legacy
Dec 16, 2011
Country
US

Truly the most expressive of all casts.

Now if only Kosh had hands so he could have been here.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012

Dexter. Love Dexter and Deborah (can't remember their real names, Jennifer Carpenter is Deb?) and... Just a high quality cast, love 'em.

ManaAdvent

Apr 16, 2010

They seem like radical people to hang out with and most of them are unique in their own way and have much depth to them even with the background/one-off characters, esp. when get into the history of Ooo with Marceline and the Ice King.